What needs to be re-issued?

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
What record is just too damn hard to find & needs a proper re-issue (with or without bonus tracks) on vinyl?
I prefer a thick cardboard sleeve re-issue of "Kusini" , "Thesda" or Hilton Felton's "Family & Friends" for my shop right now...

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Gloria Ann Taylor "Deep Inside You"....kinda obvious but still...SOMEBODY REISSUE THIS AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY PLEASE!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    We need proper compilations of the One-Derful/Toddlin' Town masters, including an Alvin Cash anthology. (McKinley Mitchell and Otis Clay already have comps of their One-Derful sides.)

And when I say "proper," I mean something that's not exclusively aimed at the Northern Soul crowd. Their Northern releases weren't even half the story.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    We need proper compilations of the One-Derful/Toddlin' Town masters, including an Alvin Cash anthology. (McKinley Mitchell and Otis Clay already have comps of their One-Derful sides.)

And when I say "proper," I mean something that's not exclusively aimed at the Northern Soul crowd. Their Northern releases weren't even half the story.

this.
    I have always been so disappointed with UK label-centirc comps for this reason.

Hopefully now that the Hi label is back in the hands of an American, I would like to see a proper HI singles comp, the UK ones that came out years ago are really terrible... not very deep and focus only on the string-soaked "northern" sides.

The_Hook_Up said:
    pickwick33 said:

this.

Hopefully now that the Hi label is back in the hands of an American, I would like to see a proper HI singles comp, the UK ones that came out years ago are really terrible... not very deep and focus only on the string-soaked "northern" sides.

I've seen more variety on the Hi sides than I have on the One-Derful reissues (and I'm talking about the UK labels).

The reissues I have from the UK include a Pawn anthology (Pawn was a Hi sister label), a reissue of the River Town Blues album (with a grip of Hi's bluesier soul singles added), and a so-so comp of their female soul acts. That's much more than any reissue label has given us from One-derful, although some might not like some of the more "clever" thematically-arranged CD's (like the one comp of Hi soul songs where each song title was a question).

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    We had every Hi comp when I worked at the shop, and they barely scratched the surface really. What about the other Hi subsidiaries? MOC, Mach? No Kim Melvin, no Don and Dee Dee, hardly any 60s stuff...those Hi comps were crap.

pickwick33 said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    pickwick33 said:

this.

I've seen more variety on the Hi sides than I have on the One-Derful reissues (and I'm talking about the UK labels).

The reissues I have from the UK include a Pawn anthology (Pawn was a Hi sister label), a reissue of the River Town Blues album (with a grip of Hi's bluesier soul singles added), and a so-so comp of their female soul acts. That's much more than any reissue label has given us from One-derful, although some might not like some of the more "clever" thematically-arranged CD's (like the one comp of Hi soul songs where each song title was a question).

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

The enitre cataolg could use a a nice reissue...or box set for that matter.
    Hard as heck to find on CD.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The un-reissued lps I get asked for most is Sylvers I & II.

Assuming they have not been reissued.

The_Hook_Up said:
    We had every Hi comp when I worked at the shop, and they barely scratched the surface really. What about the other Hi subsidiaries? MOC, Mach? No Kim Melvin, no Don and Dee Dee, hardly any 60s stuff...those Hi comps were crap.

I'm almost sure I've seen Kim Melvin's "Do The Popcorn"/"Keep The Faith" on somebody's Hi comp, although whether it was from the US or the UK, I can't say.

The rock band Iota actually self-released their own comp, as you probably know. (I think you may have been the one at Shangri-La who rang me up on the day I bought it.)

Tricky Zingers, an early seventies album by Creme Soda which (from all reports) sounds like a straight throwback to 60s garage and frat rock.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    The un-reissued lps I get asked for most is Sylvers I & II & III

Assuming they have not been reissued.

These haven't been reissued. Seems like a no brainer.... issues with Pride/MGM ?

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Proper thick vinyl, cardboard gatefold japanese Placebo records please.
    Also lot of Brazil grails have not been reissued yet.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    I think this was only reissued on CD.

• Options
    pickwick33 said:

Tricky Zingers, an early seventies album by Creme Soda which (from all reports) sounds like a straight throwback to 60s garage and frat rock.

Not hearing the frat, really, though the garage is there. There's also some psych and folk going on. It's a nice album and there have been at least two vinyl boots but the one I have sounds like a lousy repro. It does need a good reissue.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    mrmatthew said:

The enitre cataolg could use a a nice reissue...or box set for that matter.
    Hard as heck to find on CD.

Hell yes. I have all the LPs and 45s, but there must be some unreleased ish. Hugely underappreciated catalog.

• blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
    World Experience Orchestra, andrew Warrts, Robert Ruff "shaza-ra" to start with. Has to be 180g

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Nothing, people should just keep diggin' and finding new gems...

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    pickwick33 said:

Not hearing the frat, really, though the garage is there. There's also some psych and folk going on. It's a nice album and there have been at least two vinyl boots but the one I have sounds like a lousy repro. It does need a good reissue.

I've only heard one or two songs from it, but the late Greg Shaw used to hype this band and album all the time, in his 70s fanzine Bomp. He basically made it sound like Creme Soda were an anachronistic throwback (in a good way) to what sixties rock was before psychedelia took over. Sounds like my kind of band,

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Gloria Ann Taylor "Deep Inside You"
    Le Stim "A Tribute To Muhammad Ali (We Crown The King)"

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Can't Nico Gomez and Placebo just be nicely reissued and stay in print for a while? Kthanksbye.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    alain gorauger "la planete sauvage". even the 1st reissue goes for money now.

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    alain gorauger "la planete sauvage". even the 1st reissue goes for money now.
    Say what now?
    It's in print

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    wow i had no idea. thanks!

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    wow i had no idea. thanks!
    It might be that the first reissue had an alternate cover or something. The newer reissue doesn't have a gatefold which I think the OG has. I've never had the original, but the sound quality on this reissue is really good IMHO.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Alkebu-Lan

And they could reissue the reissue of stefano torrosi feelings considering the exorbitant prices its reaching

Is that the most expensive reissue ever or are there any others

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts

The original reissue on this has reached pretty high (I think +200$ in some cases).... Needs another reasonably priced reissue

Also, this:

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    gaz said:
    Alkebu-Lan

And they could reissue the reissue of stefano torrosi feelings considering the exorbitant prices its reaching

Yes, thinking about selling my re-issue copy for a while now. Played it only once...

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    gaz said:
    Alkebu-Lan

Yes, thinking about selling my re-issue copy for a while now. Played it only once...

saw one go for $600 , can't think of any legit reissue thats gone for bigger bucks

someone's going to boot that one soon for sure , easier to copy an existing reissue

...plus anything else by this Chicago blues singer.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    facesd said:

The original reissue on this has reached pretty high (I think +200$ in some cases).... Needs another reasonably priced reissue

I believe there's a (japanese) reissue from last year. I've seen it in stores for 50 euros. (which is way too much for a reissue imo)

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Whaddup with Brazil records? I see some releases now and then (like WhatMusic), but nothing like f.i. the amount of African records/comps. Can anybody shed a light on why this isn't happening (yet)?