World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    **LLY! where y'at? I won all of the world cups and am drinking all of the beers. let's get in trouble

Take a selfie with your Germany crew!

• MusicaDelAlma said:
    vintageinfants said:
    **LLY! where y'at? I won all of the world cups and am drinking all of the beers. let's get in trouble

Take a selfie with your Germany crew!

no

ok

• ok
    /quote]

j/k

on the train home now. will upload.

whole knockout rounds have been absolute bedlam at our bar. it's been a remarkably testing period to try to fight thru the crowds at the spot as they've grown with each win.

ill try to dig up a photo of the winning fans, but to be honest, my stein of paulaner was top priority.... and then wifey getting me home

• LADIES & GENTLEMAN

one of the best world cups I've ever witnessed ended with an extra time goal of indescribable class.

messi is indisputably the best footballer in the world, Germany is a fire breathing dragon made from 11 parts.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    skel said:
    We got plastic Argie Loko One and a handful of Teh Kraut up in here, and no banter?
    Shameful shit.

I'm also here and I'm Argentinian. German fans gets no love. Do y'all party?

(Schweinsteiger really didn't want to blow this opportunity.)

Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:

Ppadilha, circulate this among as many Brasilians as possible, and prepare to deploy with extreme prejudice:

Fuck that. I have a lot of love and respect for Brasil and its people, but that game against Germany was excruciating to watch. Anything the Brazilian fans do to try and come back at us is pointless. Germany even held back from scoring more.

I am beyond fucked up.

So much fucking fun! Congrats Germany!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Messi wins Golden Ball? :ehhx2:

He wasn't even the best player on Argentina this tournament. Not trying to take anything away from him. But Mascherano had a much better tournament IMO.

Maybe someone can photoshop the CTI briefcase with the "Take Me To The Mardi Gras" 12" instead of the cup.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    DOR said:

He wasn't even the best player on Argentina this tournament. Not trying to take anything away from him. But Mascherano had a much better tournament IMO.

+1

Robben was the best player in the tourney.

parallax said:

Robben was the best player superman impersonator in the tourney with all his diving.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    skel said:
    We got plastic Argie Loko One and a handful of Teh Kraut up in here, and no banter?
    Shameful shit.

That said, WCs generally die after QFs.

Sorry for the lack of game time banter - phone was dead and my nerves were frayed ;) plus I may have been too drunk to post hehehe

Damn nursing a hell of a hangover and pissed we lost but as Pac said Germany "i aint mad at cha". Messi n.the boys did good but not good enough and that German gol was a cracker.

I lost my lucky Argie flag signed by Diego during the match and found a German cat with it end of the match - he handed it back no dramas, so at least the night wasnt totally fucked except I got drenched in torrential rain looking for my car after the match then got lost on the way home - did I mention I mighta been drunk ;)

Still happy Im not Brasilero hehehe and it was a top WC overall.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Argentina could've pulled it off if they had some competent strikers, but Germany deserved it.

this is a fairly accurate depiction of how I'm feeling now the World Cup is over:

what kind of bauble am I supposed to buy for the Strut Cup winner?

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    The whole city wents bananas last night. Fireworks, Corsos and all that. Singing and dancing till break of dawn. Drunknuts everywhere, actually nobody I met was sober. Many kids didn┬┤t show up for school today ( I set the alarm just to call in school to tell them my daughter will not show up). Had a proper BBQ and a wooden keg of good ol┬┤bavarian brew.
    Sitting at home, listening to the sounds of the street, sometimes people still start chanting.
    I┬┤m waiting for Schweinsteiger to come back home, he is living three street from mine, the will be a huge welcome back party, I think.
    Schweinsteiger was the baddest MoFo on the field.

I guess y'all do partay after all.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    DOR said:

GTFOOHWTBS

Muller, Robben, Masherano, Schweinsteiger, James Rodriguez >>>>>>>>>>>>> Messi at this WC, and those are just the first 5 that come to mind.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This was one block on one street in West Berlin early this morning. It doesn't even begin to capture what it felt like. About a half-mile further west towards Ku'damm (where the party carried on past 6am) on Nurnberger Strasse, there was an entire block jammed with nose-to-tail traffic, and every single driver just leant on the horn for about a minute solid. It was fucking bananas. I pity anyone who was a guest at the Ellington last night.

Great tournament, great final, unbelievable night. So glad I got to witness a little bit of it.

• vintageinfants said:
    messi is indisputably the best footballer in the world

Wow are you still drunk? Messi is an overrrated piece of doodoo.

And the Argentines were real dicks how they all ganged up against Schweinsteiger at the end. Karma's a bitch though because right after that Germany scored hehe.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Like some kind of homage to the corruption of fifa I WIN THESTRUT WORLD CUP

Well done Germany. It's been some kind of reverse schadenfreude weird supporting you. I feared cheering 'the krauts' would leave a rather sauer taste in my mouth, but you deserved the victory. best team of the tournament for sure.

boy dun good.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I saw this ad during the cup. But the jokes are starting to fly.

The funny thing is that's probably not so far off. He left for Spain when he was like 12 and has never moved back (?) and he's now 27.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Player of the tournament is decided by a "technical committee" headed by Gerard Houllier, and that's all you need to know.

Anyways, next up Copa Americas whatever; does Team USA get to go to this? If not, they should be invited.

skel said:
    Anyways, next up Copa Americas whatever; does Team USA get to go to this? If not, they should be invited.

yeah, there's Copa America next year in Chile. Not sure why the meriman wasn't invited - there's always 2 countries invited to go along with the 10 CONMEBOL members, this time they went with Mexico and Japan, but Japan turned it down so they called up Jamaica. I think the USA snubbed it once in order to play the Gold Cup or something and never got invited again. Not that it matters that much, apparently in 2016 there will be a Super Copa America Deluxe Edition hosted in the USA, and it will combine CONMEBOL and CONCACAF.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    , apparently in 2016 there will be a Super Copa America Deluxe Edition Ennio Morricone Bossa 2CD box set hosted in the USA, and it will combine CONMEBOL and CONCACAF.

Lmhat

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    there was a small time frame in which I felt proud over the success of our team.
    Then came the gaucho dance and Helene Fischer. It makes me want to throw up a little bit in my mouth.

finelikewine said:
    Then came the gaucho dance

what's the big fuss around that dance? I saw the video and thought nothing of it, other than it's kind of silly and maybe not the classiest way to celebrate winning the World Cup. But now people in Argentina are all up in arms saying they were imitating monkeys, which (a) it does not look like they're imitating monkeys to me, and (b) is ironic because some Argentines are not exactly shy about calling other people monkeys when give the chance.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    finelikewine said:
    Then came the gaucho dance

what's the big fuss around that dance? I saw the video and thought nothing of it, other than it's kind of silly and maybe not the classiest way to celebrate winning the World Cup. But now people in Argentina are all up in arms saying they were imitating monkeys, which (a) it does not look like they're imitating monkeys to me, and (b) is ironic because some Argentines are not exactly shy about calling other people monkeys when give the chance.

Nothing about monkeys at all. They were parroting the stooping and the sorrow of the Argentines. Then they showed how the Germans stand tall and walk proud. Still disrepectful to make fun of the losing team, imho.

It was just silly. I understood it as them saying that Germans stand tall because they're proud of their victory. :weaksauce: taunt imo. No offense taken.