TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• It was their Twitter account I see..I'm sure they will find who did it.
    Bit pathetic considering how we got our arses whipped by Liverpool in both games.

As a Tottenham fan, I wanted Liverpool to win the league this season..best team to watch by a country mile.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    manager of te year to Giggs for playing himself (no jeru) along with the young bunch. a perfectly crafted simultaneous middle finger and chess move.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Now how does the man like Vintage Infants move gig from carpentry to stockbroking?
    Speak on it.
    And: congrats?

skel said:
    Now how does the man like Vintage Infants move gig from carpentry to stockbroking?
    Speak on it.

syndicated mortages mon ami. raising capital for large scale developments.

i have an old associate who started his own syndicated mortages firm a year and a half ago and needed agents and managers, especially a guy who could sell and consult on the development side. your boy VI has always been a facilitator of trades and services, and a history with construction so he figured it was a no brainer. wrote the exit exam to become a broker last week, start breakin necks monday.

sounded like a good summer job, beats mowing lawns.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    is this how people drink beer in Germany?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    skel said:
    Speak on it.

syndicated mortages mon ami. raising capital for large scale developments.

i have an old associate who started his own syndicated mortages firm a year and a half ago and needed agents and managers, especially a guy who could sell and consult on the development side. your boy VI has always been a facilitator of trades and services, and a history with construction so he figured it was a no brainer. wrote the exit exam to become a broker last week, start breakin necks monday.

sounded like a good summer job, beats mowing lawns.

Congrats!

Changing career has been the best thing I've done in a looong time.

#blessed

#prayer hands emoji

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    LET THE BEAN-DIPPING COMMENCE.

• waiting for the FA Cup until i consider this season done.

for those who fell short in the league, remember what d train said...

@VI
    Hope you're not getting anywhere near collateralised debt obligations with accumulated mortgages as the underlying cash flow - that was the basis of the 2008 bust and we do NOT want a repeat

@L*o
    You in Barna now? Damn I could do with a few days at Torredembarra. Can we be down?

And did eyes deceive, or did the boy Chizzle sneak in for a last minute win in the FantPrem again?
    Jammy cunt!

skel said:

@L*o
    You in Barna now? Damn I could do with a few days at Torredembarra. Can we be down?

Holla St*ve, Been here for about a month. Living with a friend while I get settled into work, bit of a headache sorting out Social Security stuff but the teaching is going well. Fuck me booze is cheap here. Scotch seems to be a little cheaper than back home, bourbon is the same price as in America (they sell my fav Blantons!), wine is dirt cheap and I'm becoming a rum convert. Last night was drinking the best mojito I've ever had while the barman explained why he adds fresh basil & rosemary to gin (who knew - anyone else had this?). Talking bollocks in a little square all night (it's already warm enough to do so in a t-shirt) with friends and then walking home at 6am.
    Food is very good.
    The city is amazing. Very beautiful... people here seem to be obsessed with design and the aesthetic value of everything from tattoos to floor tiles.
    The women are incredibly hot.
    My biggest challenge will be learning Spanish.

Teaching work is well paid here. The cost of living is cheap. I can get by on 18-20 hours of work a week, use spare time for Spanish, music production, writing or whatever. Part of me wishes I'd made the move sooner, but I wasn't to know, and now I'm glad to be doing something that's challenging but enjoyable.

Once I have got myself a place I'll welcome visitors. At present I can't put anyone up, but will let you know as soon as that changes.
    Anyway, I'll leave it there for now; "resaca" ("hangover" in Spanish).

Oh, congrats Citeh. Held their nerve well, shame for Liverpool but next season should be great. Bring on the cup final!

Yay for Le*, very glad you made the change from that Oxford spiderhole, it was way beneath your talents

Duder, are you getting angry looks from the catalans if you try to speak spanish with them? I remember receiving better treatment when I spoke english or portuguese than when I tried out my spanish.

also, I see my Ohio YOLOs were an utter disgrace in the Fantasy League. I blame Van Persie for that, and David Moyes by extension.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Was an epic season of Fantasy League. It was unpredictable and most importantly I won that shit.

Moyes almost ruined it for me but I had to get out of my comfort zone of picking Man Utd players. Suarez made the game less about picking the right captain and more about having a squad that can all score points.

And I pipped Jimster at the death for that all important Europa League 6th spot, so it's all good

Why must ppadilha:: cry?

I'm just amazed that someone managed to finish below me.

ppadilha said:
    Duder, are you getting angry looks from the catalans if you try to speak spanish with them? I remember receiving better treatment when I spoke english

At the moment I rarely attempt anything in Spanish beyond a couple of words, and as soon as I open my mouth they know I'm English. Friends have told me about the Catalan resentment towards Spanish speakers, and a Spanish friend from Madrid told me he's been living in Barcelona for 11 years and made only 4 Catalan friends (who he hardly ever sees) while in that time he has made friends with a massive number of Europeans and South Americans. The Catalans have a rep for being insular, and some say unfriendly, but all of the ones I've met through teaching have been good fun.
    So far.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    magpaul said:
    Was an epic season of Fantasy League. It was unpredictable and most importantly I won that shit.

Congrats!!! I really thought I had a run at it, but then inguries really started to fuck with me and I began to make crappy choices. At least I moved up one spot from last year.

Great season all around everyone. I'll still drink my sorrows on a season that almost was for Liverpool...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    skel said:
    And I pipped Jimster at the death for that all important Europa League 6th spot, so it's all good

Why must ppadilha:: cry?

I transferred Nasri out... :shocked: Though LFC would have put more than 2 past them jaaaar-deeees.

Sailor V.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Bonjour bros!

I have watched a lot of Premier League this season (though not enough to pronounce it premm-ear) and I dig it. It was great for a casual fan to hear about teams other than Man U.

I am hyped for World Cups too.

I still think Roots Manuva and Blak Twang are all-time greats of rapps.

Ciao.

Match Of The Day official goal of the season:

The brief silence when the goal goes in... the realisation as to what just happened. Then, with the (Arabic?) commentator creaming his pants, you can hear the sound of the stadium as they are shown the replay, and again gasp, and applaud the move.

Everything was looking so good for Arsenal before the injuries came in.
    :whycry:

b/w

Chelsea signing Diego Costa for £32 million?

b/w

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

the real goal of the season.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Feel bad for any Southampton fans.

So quick after the seasons over and there is a run on the teams talent?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    My friend is a Chelsea fan and sent me these to show his distaste for Arsenal, but they only make me like them:

so good!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The 'She Wore' video is embarrassing for the sole reason someone at the club thought it was a good idea. The naffness of fan tribute songs is inevitable. But the people in charge of Chelsea's new media whathaveyou can't even recognise their own fans, choosing this photo to display praising their away fans.

(For those not familiar, these are fans of the opposition Cardiff City)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Okem said:
    The naffness of fan tribute songs is inevitable.

exhibit A

exhibit B

• badder_than_evil said:

Van Gaal/Giggs combo?

Sherwood out(and never come back - complete cunt) - Benitez or Pontecchio in??

Just wanted to highlight that I actually guessed something right!!

Hoping Benitez comes to the Lane too - big stretch though.

vintageinfants said:

After perusing this, I'm developing the suggestion of a scintilla of grudging respect for dude.
    Especially having also been off my fucking nut for 6 nights out of the last 9. Pwops.

skel said:
    vintageinfants said:

After perusing this, I'm developing the suggestion of a scintilla of grudging respect for dude.
    Especially having also been off my fucking nut for 6 nights out of the last 9. Pwops.

LOL