TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Pat Nevin the OG Renaissance man?

He has an arts degree from Glasgow Caledonian University. He was noted during his playing days for being somewhat different from the stereotypical footballer, especially through his interest in literature and the arts, and in his musical tastes, preferring The Fall and Joy Division to Phil Collins or Lionel Richie.

As such, he was interviewed by the NME and was a guest presenter on Radio City during his Everton and Tranmere career. Nevin now lives in Duns,[7] with his wife and two children. At the second Bowlie Weekender, hosted by ATP he played a DJ set,[8] playing Belle & Sebastian, Orange Juice and "My New House" by The Fall while wearing a The Pains of Being Pure at Heart t-shirt.

The following day he slipped an indiepop reference onto 5 Live while talking about the Man Utd vs Arsenal match.[9] He has also appeared as a guest DJ at Scared To Dance[10] and How Does It Feel To Be Loved?, which are both indiepop club nights in London.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    You dudes know Chelsea are winning this thing, don't u?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    skel said:
    You dudes know Chelsea are winning this thing, don't u?

I'm putting all my hope on Real Madrid being denied their dethima either by their bitter cross-town rivals or getting the ol' dick in the eye from Mourinho, which I imagine he would really enjoy after all the shit he took while he was in Spain.

Damn, I was woefully wrong about that

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    skel said:
    Damn, I was woefully wrong about that

I bet it never felt so good to be wrong, AMIRITE?

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

figured the brits would recognize the guy in the background.

I see JD, but what is the one AUBS holding? Some hybrid paintbrush/beer bottle contraption?

Like, half a beer bottle full of turps to get the paint of man's brush? :ayo:

I never had him pegged as doing his own D.I.Y., as it were.

Every day a schoolday.

I would suggest less ostentatious overalls though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My guess was either designer lint rollers or he's trying to rebrand & bring back indoor fireworks.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    he got caught using a lint roller courtside at a raptors game and everyone jumped all over him. the team decided to run with it and gave a raptors/ovo lint roller to every fan who came to last nights game.

Toronto is kind of weird, guys.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Earlier this year I (knowingly) heard Drake's voice for the first time. Considering the guy looks like Droopy I assumed he would have a low, melancholic timbre, or possibly sound like the monotone magician David Blane. Instead he sounds like an auto-tuned camp hairdresser.

b/w

Brilliant Champions league this week. There must be a lot of Madrid fans in Barcelona as they were raising hell across the city at the final whistle. Weird though, as to me Bayern were the weakest team in the final 4. Pep has neutered them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yer, Bayern are a weird team this season. They were completely dominant in their home league rapping it up a month or so ago, yet they didn't look as good as the pre-Pep team we played last season who were much more dynamic. Obviously the other German teams have weakened, and as much as it is part of football, it must suck having one massivley dominant team gobbling up all the best players from the league. I imagine it's going to be even more one sided next season.

There was a moment in their Real game where they had the rare opertunity to counter and the guy just stood still with the ball in the middle of the pitch, waited for his team to for up, before passing sideways. By which point Real had 10 men behind the ball.
    It's just seems like they're so used to just dominating teams they think it's always going to be a case to tap it around and eventually we'll score. I know that's part of this tiki taka philosophy, but surely their must be room for seeing the value of the fast break when you desperately need a goal.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Good to see that shit like this can still happen in football.

offside corner benfica by allasfcb

Good to see that shit like this can still happen in football
    http://gfycat.com/ReliableUnconsciousAndalusianhorse

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Someone's put all the Streetsounds Electro albums on YouTube.

God, it sounds so dated, but yet, like plenty of current stuff.

I always remember my mates brother having all of these and them being the backdrop his furtive attempts at breaking, on the kitchen floor, with the inevitable dispersal of the contents of the dog bowls. He lived on Beef Pot-Noodles and had like, that curtain centre-part hairdo.

Toward the end of the Summer hols, he got hold of his dad's Wahl trimmer to cut some tramlines into it. Needless to say, it went very wrong, he had to shave the sides off more and more to even them up, and he ended up with something exactly like this (I shit you not), but in ginger:

The day before he went back to school he went up for a header, the ball hit him square in the face and knocked all his front teeth out.

To this day, no music exists that could make that look cool.

Man is a plumber now.

DocMcCoy said:
    WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE FUCKING LEAGUE ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE FUCKING LEAGUE ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.

Why must I cry...

DOR said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE FUCKING LEAGUE ON GERRARD DOING A TERRY.

Why must I cry...

Carra must be gutted

::bittersweet::

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DOR said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

Why must I cry...

b/w

The team doesn't deserve the title after that display.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    No joke - and as disgusting as this makes me feel - Tony Pulis and his hat must be deserving of Manager of the season. From the gutter to mid-table security, CP have played lights out since he joined the squad.

Impressive work.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The atmosphere at that game was amazing - Palace fans chanting away from kickoff to final whistle. Third Palace goal was something special too... maybe, just maybe Citeh will choke as well.

From tears of joy to straight tears. It's a funny old game.

DOR said:

I may be a touch tough on the team right now. And I'm not trying to take anything away from CP. They had a decent season...

It's just mind blowing that you can erase all the work you put into a season while being up by 3 goals with 20 mins left in the game.

Is it better to loose the title like this or on goal difference?

C'est la vie.

Side note. Tony Pulis the Manager of the Year?

DOR said:

"Offense wins games, defense wins championships"
    - Old NFL saying (hence the esses and not cees.)

Palace's first was a deflection, Gayle's first was a great strike, and he just beat the offside for the equaliser. On another day, the Pool would still be coming home with 3 points. Credit Palace for bringing attempts in the face of the three-goal defect, doe. You make your own luck. I seem to remember the Pool doing the same in Istanbul...

It seems Mourinho prefers to set his sides up cautiously at the back and rely on Drogba-type strikers to win long balls in the air. I mean, his Blue Machine sides were notoriously frugal. (checks...) 15 conceded for the whole 2004/5 season! They don't have any actual Drogba-type strikers now, which is why they have struggled with goals, no? A good move for them would be to poach Dzeko.

City are more carefree, pushing up and taking risks with skeleton staff behind and inevitably Kompany and dem do get caught out, but it works in general. City don't task a Glen Johnson-type player with bringing the ball up, other than maybe Kolarov, and Micah Richards, neither of whom start, so maybe the defensive legs are fresher in the final third of the game.

I guess Glen Johnson was actually knackered, despite what he tweeted.

Yes, props to Pulis. Puts a fresh Gayle on, lad scores 2 pronto.

City still City though. Will make hard work of two home games against "Lesser" opponents, believe.

Sailor V.

Surely the asterisk this season denotes "least undeserving winners ever".
    They've all had a go at throwing it away, yet one has to win by default.

Brummie lad at work is most elated dude in the universe today, beaming at that last minute avoidance of the drop. Far better this than some mid-table joy-sapping mediocrity existence (cf Big Fat Sam).

Pulis done well; but following on from an Olly clusterfuck is not exactly negotiating a treacherous Moyes/SAF precipice, is it doe innit.
    Props for playing a better brand of soccer, but then so did Hughes M with the old Pulis team.

For MotY, look to Burnley where the boy Dyche (very very nice man IRL) pulled up trees with a team of never-heard-ofs.
    And word to Magath; crazy specs, mad chess antics w/Kasparov, an out-there mad cunt of the highest stripe.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Liverpool are the new Arsenal it seems. Not sure who'd that make Arsenal now though. We don't seem to be capable of the flair football and domination of games we could pull off a few seasons ago, but we're not capitulating and giving up 3-0 leads either.

I reckon City will win it, though it's impossible to call. But Villa haven't won an away game since December and haven't managed an away draw since Liverpool away in January. They've got nothing to play for & their current form is LLLDLW, were as City's is WLDWWW.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My choice for MotY would be Pochettino at Southampton. He's quietly gone about his business of turning a Championship side into European contenders.

Motherfuck Spurs.

• Someone hacked their Instagram account.

Why does a Football Club need an instagram account - surely a Website/Twitter will do?