Duderonomy said:

L

Marouane?
    Marouane?
    Marouane let me rock you let me rock you Marouane
    Let me rock you that's all I wanna do etc etc

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    magpaul said:
    I can't see how anyone could do a worse job than Moyes. He really has been special.

He was shit. Fuck giving a manager more time when they are this useless. The squad that comfortably won the league +70 million was enough to get a top 4 finish.

I think the squad has to take some of the blame though, and last season all of the competition was in transition. This season was never going to be comfortable even with Ferg in charge; Mou back on the scene, City keeping a manager for a whole season, Arsenal buying a good player instead of losing their best player, and the unforeseen resurgence of Liverpool and Everton (completely ignoring the balls up at Whiteheart Lane some £100 million of investment later).

After all the guff about long-termism, and standing by the chosen one, sounds like Moyes was the last one to know.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It's been pointed out to me that the Glazers waited until CL qualification was mathematically impossible before they finally dropped the axe. Clearly, things like games lost and style of play are irrelevant to the owners at this point, suggesting that any future long-term appointment will be based primarily on the successful candidate's ability to keep that CL money coming in, with aesthetics running a poor second. Rafa* it is, then.

There have been mutterings that Moyes offered to retire to the study with the service revolver immediately after the Liverpool defeat, so he's obviously been a dead man walking for quite some time.

*I'd be curious to know the odds on Rafa being offered the gig. Would he risk his beloved status amongst Reds and accept the job of pulling Yanited back from the abyss? Obviously he'd be the wildest of wild-card choices, but I think he'd keep 'em in Europe. They'd never win the Prem again, but they'd be in Europe every season.

There are worse things they could do.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    European victories aside, have Liverpool fans had a more enjoyable season in the last 20 years?

Okem said:
    European victories aside, have Liverpool fans had a more enjoyable season in the last 20 years?

No. Absolutely not. Even if we weren't going to WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE, I'd still be having a good chuckle at it all. It's been a while since we've seen United fans squirming like this.

There were a couple of seasons in the 90s where Everton stayed up by the skin of their bollocks on the last day of the season or thereabouts. They were very nearly tremendous fun.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Be careful what you wish for right?

A year ago, many would have considered Moyes a very good manager, if not competent enough to deal with a season under the helm at UTD, a team that won the league by 11 pts last year.

Now he looks alone in the wilderness - no doubt he will find another job sometime, but he has lost so much of his luster at the moment.

As an aside - kudos to Liverpool. I still would prefer City to win, only because I wanted le Arse to the be first team to win the league "the right way", and would have found it easier blaming petro dollars, but the talent is immense at Merseyside - no denying that.

• I never thought Moyes would be the right person for United, but I did expect Fergie to be in his ear for the first few seasons..

Pardew out - Moyes in?

Van Gaal/Giggs combo?

Sherwood out(and never come back - complete cunt) - Benitez or Pontecchio in??

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:

Van Gaal/Giggs combo?

This actually makes a lot of sense, since LVG will have his hands full this summer. He'll need someone to deal with getting a new squad in order during the summer transfer window (with a rumored $200 millie to spend).

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's at this point that Teh Consortium buy the shop from Tampa Bay Fuckaneers, install SAF as figurehead, appoint JoMo and proceed to world domination.

Wasn't that the plan all slong?

What could possibly go worng?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I didn't know Giggsy had done his coaching badges.

I guess he has to do something while his nutsack refills.

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts

My first response would be "Photoshop?", but I'm reminded that about ten years ago I mugged for a camera phone portrait that a friend put up on a website called Hot-Or-Not, and my facial contortions earned the exact same response.

Eyes like pissholes in the snow.

Duderonomy said:

And that's the lead for the Lynott biopic right there

skel said:

Anyways it's becoming clear that the real decider is when JoMo ::no homo:: visits soon.

And if anyone upsets the apple cart, he's the dude.

You have to admit, dude is dude

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    skel said:
    skel said:

Anyways it's becoming clear that the real decider is when JoMo ::no homo:: visits soon.

And if anyone upsets the apple cart, he's the dude.

You have to admit, dude is dude

the man loves playing the role of dick in the eye.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Mou strikes again.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

b/w

"Senhor bell-end to you."

• Duderonomy said:

"that's a fookin' 'ard question paul"

now if one of you could tell me what that question actually WAS......

vintageinfants said:
    Duderonomy said:

"If you had to single a Liverpool man out as, as, star man, who would it be?"

No wonder when the Dutch police were tapping the scouse dealers phones, they still needed actual scouse interpreters.

No victory worthy of the name was ever won without a struggle.

WE'RE (possibly) GOING TO WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

Chill Win-Ston.

City just have to blow one of their remaining games.

Everton, for example.

City have to make it hard for themselves, not rely on others to make it hard for them.

:ayo:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    For the sake of entertainment I'd love to see it go to the wire. There is a possibility the top 6 spots could all be decided on the last day.

J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Duderonomy said:

My fav line is: "He's a fookin' bag o' wank!"

• Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Duderonomy said:

My fav line is: "He's a fookin' bag o' wank!"

oh the whole thing is pure poetry for a guy like me, it's already started the rounds through my group of friends to great reception. we care enough to know what he's talking about, but still not know what he's talking about.... right?

reminds me of one of my all-time faves:

Mourinho's a rent boy

::prize Czech?::

WOULD