new york

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not true at all, I just don't watch sports.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Beach Volleyball?

Football/Soccer....isnt that UNIVERSAL?

What do Samoans play?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    I don't watch sports, does that hurt my chances at being considered?

You better pick a football, baseball, and basketball team......and they dont have to be local.

Man, I just realized that most native Hawaiians probably don't have favorite pro teams. Is that true, Brian? I can't even imagine that.

i though of that too, but what u dont peep ANY competitive game?

Gambling? Checkers? Chess? Monopoly? Surfing? Water-Ski? Competition Fishing?
    nothing
    i bought my first tv a few weeks ago, don't really watch tv

PatrickCrazy said:
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You better pick a football, baseball, and basketball team......and they dont have to be local.

Man, I just realized that most native Hawaiians probably don't have favorite pro teams. Is that true, Brian? I can't even imagine that.

i though of that too, but what u dont peep ANY competitive game?

Gambling? Checkers? Chess? Monopoly? Surfing? Water-Ski? Competition Fishing?
    nothing
    i bought my first tv a few weeks ago, don't really watch tv

DOG YOGA!!!!!

Yankees/Mets
    Giants/Jets
    Knicks/Nets
    Rangers/Islanders

Pick a color and call it a day.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    we have a suite at metlife that I've never used
    jets play there?

PatrickCrazy said:
    jets play there?

METS-LIFE

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

He's not Hawaiian. He's Canadian.
    Maybe he is Hawaiian like the pizza, Canadian Bacon.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    jets play there?

METS-LIFE
    no i know they don't play there

• Hahaha what bullshit.

I drove the length of Manhattan yesterday at 2pm in the thick of it, including a stretch of the upper east side. Old bags of bones just need something to complain about.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Hahaha what bullshit.

I drove the length of Manhattan yesterday at 2pm in the thick of it, including a stretch of the upper east side. Old bags of bones just need something to complain about.

COLD ENOUGH FOR YA?

For real, though, my toes were so cold on the way to work this morning they hurted.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    this shit cracked me the fuck up

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    *DE BLASIO ORDERS BOOST IN CLEANUP EFFORTS ON UPPER EAST SIDE

http://nypost.com/2014/01/22/de-blasio-admits-botched-upper-east-side-plow-job/

voice of the people heard

• PatrickCrazy said:

guess it's time to bump THIS

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I had to rent an SUV yesterday to drive out to Jersey. It was bad, but I almost expected worse. Getting out there took 3 hours. Getting back took 1 1/2. The 4 and GW bridge leaving town at rush hour looked HORRENDOUS.

glad my man stayed open for us to pick up some repairs.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Delay said:
    I had to rent an SUV yesterday to drive out to Jersey. It was bad, but I almost expected worse. Getting out there took 3 hours. Getting back took 1 1/2. The 4 and GW bridge leaving town at rush hour looked HORRENDOUS.

Geezus, that is beautiful.

• PatrickCrazy said:

People who own snow shoes complain the loudest

Also, 2nd Avenue Subway

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Delay said:

Holy shit, that is heaven. Expensive though? I'll take that Prophet V & the oberheim ob x a.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    schools still open today
    absolutely incredible

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    schools still open today
    absolutely incredible

Seriously. I'm about to bag out of work. This shit is ridiculous.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    schools still open today
    absolutely incredible

it's insane.... even in boston, where we're used to snow, they would never have school on a day with a foot of icy snow and 40 mph winds...

the chancellor said they're not closing b/c it's the only place some students get a hot meal... so, i guess schools are just soup kitchens/day care centers... and the safety of kids on buses or crossing the streets on icy roads is just not a factor...

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    the chancellor said they're not closing b/c it's the only place some students get a hot meal...

That's the media-endorsed reason... the DL reason is the backlash they've received from working-class parents who can't afford to take off as many workdays as they've had to this winter, for fear of losing pay or getting fired.

• p_gunn said:

the chancellor said they're not closing b/c it's the only place some students get a hot meal... so, i guess schools are just soup kitchens/day care centers... and the safety of kids on buses or crossing the streets on icy roads is just not a factor...

Imagine that you are a parent who has not been excused from work and does not have sick days or paid leave, or worse, will lose your shift if you don't show up.

Parents with options can do what my wife and I did and keep the kid home. Unfortunately I saw quite a number of young children scrambling over snowdrifts this morning, and I suspect that's because their parents had to go to work and had no choice.

This morning I woke up with the same reaction, WTF DE BLASIO?!? but I can understand the logic.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    p_gunn said:

Imagine that you are a parent who has not been excused from work and does not have sick days or paid leave, or worse, will lose your shift if you don't show up.

Parents with options can do what my wife and I did and keep the kid home. Unfortunately I saw quite a number of young children scrambling over snowdrifts this morning, and I suspect that's because their parents had to go to work and had no choice.

This morning I woke up with the same reaction, WTF DE BLASIO?!? but I can understand the logic.

i am teaching after school activities at a charter school in bed stuy today and am curious as to how many kids will be there...

i've never had a salaried job in my life, so i am well aware of how it feels to lose a day's pay (in fact what would have happened to me today).

i get that this is the reasoning, but i am just unsure of it being the correct one, with all factors considered... one school bus skids on ice, or a kid slips and breaks his arm walking in this slush-on-top-of-ice and this whole thing goes bad really quick... the streets really weren't clear by this morning... if the streets aren't clear, there shouldn't be school...

• yeah I agree. it was really, really sketchy out there this am.

all after-school activities have already been canceled though... saw that on TV before I left.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so don't cancel school because people can't take off work
    but let them out when it's much worse than it was this morning and several hours before anyone with a 9-5 is done with work
    makes sense

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    NYers are soft.

LaserWolf said:
    NYers are soft.

Thank You.

Fuckin' media calls an emergency for under a fuckin foot?

It not an Emergency. Its alot of snow. Fuckin greenhouse got dudes limp.

Go to fuckin school fuckin wimps.

I RIDE WITH AL ROKER ON THIS ONE