new york

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
i think i need to find somewhere else to live now that we have a communist mayor. any suggestions?

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Toronto.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Beijing.

• Melbourne

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i already suggested that we swap deblasio for rob ford, Beijing has too much pollution, and as much as i would like to live in the birthplace of hip hop, i don't think i would take too well to kangaroos roaming in the streets.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hawaii?

• Ah, yes. I can see this is alreadyt having its desired effect!

• Also, obvs response is NEW JERSEY

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Christie got re-elected so that's a good sign but im disappointed that his surgery did not result in sustained weight loss and feel that it reflects a lack of discipline on his part

• People have been fleeing the lawless communism of this city for the safe western shores of the Hudson for generations. Why stop now!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    i think i need to find somewhere else to live now that we have a communist mayor. any suggestions?

U really havent been here long enough to be on some sour shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sour? just accepting reality. how long do i have to live here until i can be sour though, kinda want to know if it's worth sticking it out

PatrickCrazy said:
    sour? just accepting reality. how long do i have to live here until i can be sour though, kinda want to know if it's worth sticking it out

at least live through one mayor

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'll stay but not sure if i'll live through coming apocalypse

i will definitely for sure stay if deblasio can get Verizon to deliver FIOS to harlem though

PatrickCrazy said:
    i'll stay but not sure if i'll live through coming apocalypse

i will definitely for sure stay if deblasio can get Verizon to deliver FIOS to harlem though

LOL

"Hi honey, how was your day?.....who picked up Mr. Sprinkles from Doga class?"

"God dammit, why are they always singing so late at night!!!"

"Honey, our doorman has on way too much Cool Water!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    her dogs sleep like nappy shitheads all day and she cant afford dog care and fucked if im paying for that

im asleep before any noise goes on so no prob there

never see our doormen cos i leave too early (no 24/7, definitely concerned about this under the de blasio regime) and they're never around when i get home

PatrickCrazy said:
    never see our doormen cos i leave too early (no 24/7, definitely concerned about this under the de blasio regime) and they're never around when i get home

• Options
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Christie got re-elected so that's a good sign but im disappointed that his surgery did not result in sustained weight loss and feel that it reflects a lack of discipline on his part

I saw him on Sept 11th strolling around the memorial making an appearance, very very schlumpy. You'd think he was wearing an inflatable sumo suit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

What do you think will happen now that there is a communist mayor?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Frank said:
    Toronto, South Dakota

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

PatrickCrazy said:
    not sure if i'll live through coming apocalypse

I see you have already answered the question.
    So we can expect the coming of the Messiah.

• build your own libertarian stronghold in Montana or off the coast?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I can't think of a more apt representation of New York in 2013 than someone who's been living here 13 months complaining that the city's becoming too liberal.

Br**n, remind me - finance or tech?

I did not know BDB was a Sox fan tho.. Yikes.

• Unherd said:

Wasn't Bloomberg too? He switched, which is worse than just saying, "yup, that's a B on my hat."

• Unherd said:
    I can't think of a more apt representation of New York in 2013 than someone who's been living here 13 months complaining that the city's becoming too liberal.

absolutely brutal

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Unherd said:

21 months bruv, surely that gives me more credibility

i work in an industry where hard work is valued

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    i work in an industry where hard work is valued

you work at a steel mill???

• LaserWolf said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

DeBlasio has openly run with a platform point of taxing the rich at higher rates to improve school funding for poor neighborhoods.

Kinda ironic that someone wants to live in the city that birthed Hip Hop but is incensed at the idea of helping educate the poor kids who live in the neighborhoods that invented it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    LaserWolf said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

DeBlasio has openly run with a platform point of taxing the rich at higher rates to improve school funding for poor neighborhoods.

Kinda ironic that someone wants to live in the city that birthed Hip Hop but is incensed at the idea of helping educate the poor kids who live in the neighborhoods that invented it.
    quite a few claims in there that might need some citation; esp. the completely made up p.crazy attributions

• Right there in the first 10 seconds. And since most folks who are against 'communism' generally are referring to social welfare programs and taxation, it was a logical assumption that that was one of the things you were up in arms about.

Unless, of course, this whole thread is a joke, in which case the joke is on me.