• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'all beat the Lambs.

• Seattle exposed.

rootlesscosmo said:
    Seattle exposed.

Lol I love it.

It wasn't pretty but neither was the 49ers second game...

Least discussed reason for the win. Rams were held to 0-4 in the red zone.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rain103 said:
    Kellen Clemens was held to 0-4 in the red zone.

There, fixed.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That last play was pathetic. Shoulda ran it. Cant end a tight game like that on such a pathetic play. The receiver wasnt even looking!

The_Non said:
    That last play was pathetic. Shoulda ran it. Cant end a tight game like that on such a pathetic play. The receiver wasnt even looking!

Right??

Ha, just seeing this for the first time...

• HarveyCanal said:
    Ha, just seeing this for the first time...

yeah that was a great one.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    THAT FOO JUST SAID "A FRESH OF BREATH AIR"

• 8-1

• 0-8

That's the record of the squad you just barely beat in OT. Y'all are looking suspect right now. sit down have a beer and be glad you didn't just lose to the damn Bucs.

Fucking Seahawks fans man

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    As a Redskins fan, I must say "Chargers, what the fuck...you had us dead to rights"...

I can only imagine how hated your Offensive Coordinator must be right about now.

• the neck beard with his tenth 4th quarter comeback COLTSTRONG

get well soon kubiak

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Richie Incognito is somehow worse than I thought. Ugly. "Redskin" on back burner while we talk about "nigger."

• Richie's been a douche for a while... Both him and his Huskers alum Ndamukong Suh.

[removed][removed]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rain103 said:
    Richie's been a douche for a while... Both him and his Huskers alum Ndamukong Suh.

They're widely regarded as the two dirtiest players in the game. And with Bernard Pollard running around out there, that's saying a lot.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

I guess he'll just have to settle for a gentle low-five on his junk from Giselle Bundchen.

:cool:

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    0-8

That's the record of the squad you just barely beat in OT. Y'all are looking suspect right now. sit down have a beer and be glad you didn't just lose to the damn Bucs.

Fucking Seahawks fans man
    I'm not sure I understand this. Is there some reason why a person can't just celebrate their team's win? Or is celebration only allowed if the win meets certain conditions? Do they have to beat the point spread too?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Local news is going with "miracle comeback" over "beat an 0-7 team in overtime, at home."

• In defense, Seattle has gained a bunch of fairweather/bandwagon/annoying fans as of late that will jump ship the second the team hits a rut.

Indeed, but that tends to happen when a team that has struggled is suddenly doing well. I'm sure the same thing is happening in Kansas City right now.

• Can a man not suggest that the win being celebrated was a strugglepiece, when that man's team is in competition with said winner for the divisional title? :roar:

IJS man Seattle fans been extra brolic this year, the team has been predicted to win the superbowl since the off season, I think it's totally fair game to mix it up a little bit when they barely eek out a win at home against the Bucs and dudes are trying to do that Golden Tate move upthread

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Can a man not suggest that the win being celebrated was a strugglepiece, when that man's team is in competition with said winner for the divisional title?
    Ah... didn't realize that was a factor. It all makes sense now. And yes, it's fine to suggest that, but...

I don't think anyone's suggesting that it wasn't a struggle. Seattle was recognized as a major contender from early in the year, which I suppose makes it more inviting to take shots at them when they have a rough game. That might explain why I don't seem to hear any similar talk about KC, who beat the Bills (and their backup QB) despite a terrible offensive game and giving up a ridiculous amount of rushing yards (and barely beating Houston and their 3rd-string QB the previous week)... KC wasn't expected to make this much noise, so they get less criticism when having a 'bad' game.

Important to remember, though: Look at every single SB winning team's regular season. and more often than not you'll see some struggles there (e.g., last year's Ravens had 8 games decided by less than a TD), frequently against teams perceived as far inferior... which is really an unfair perception when you think about it. Considering how few players actually succeed at simply being on the roster of an NFL team, we sometimes forget that they are really the best of the best, even the ones who supposedly suck. You could put Jacksonville's 3rd string squad against the top college team, and I guarantee you the 3rd-stringers will win, and it likely won't even be close, because most college players couldn't even make that squad. Something like 7% of college players actually get drafted, and I think the number that actually make a roster is around 2-3%, and the number that last more than a season or two is even smaller.

All that really means is that the wins themselves make a bigger difference than the supposed 'quality' of said wins. The gap between the best team and the worst is much smaller than it appears, and the gap between a #1 seed and a team that barely makes the playoffs is tiny. If it weren't, you wouldn't have situations like the 9-7 2011 Giants, who, judging by their overall season performance, had no business even being in the SB, let alone winning it... and yet we all know what happened.

Anyway, to the original point, rivalries do make things more interesting, taking shots at rival teams is pretty much expected and welcomed, and I'm betting the Seattle-SF game in a few weeks is going to be a good one.

• lol.

• Should be a good one tonight.

rain103 said:
    Should be a good one tonight.

It's payback time. Been waiting a long time for this one. Hopefully, the cold weather doesn't beat us.

• WHO.
    THE. FUCK.
    IS.
    DAT.

We've got the Bellue's smoked sausage pon de toothpicks and the chips and salsa
    at the ready, phone will be turned off, jerseys will be donned.

SO READY FOR THIS

• vinylstalker said:
    WHO.
    THE. FUCK.
    IS.
    DAT.

We've got the Bellue's smoked sausage pon de toothpicks and the chips and salsa
    at the ready, phone will be turned off, jerseys will be donned.

SO READY FOR THIS

It's good someone was, because the Saints sure weren't.