NFL 2013 SEASON

Comments

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Rough way to end the season as a Chief fan. A lot better than last year though. I'm used to getting my emotions crushed come play off time. '96 was the worst of them all. Lin Elliot's three missed field goals as the #1 seed. That one stung the worst.

-----tortured Chiefs fan.

• DB_Cooper said:
    I'm a Pats fan from birth, so... yeah. Hate me now and all that. I know the rest of the country is sick of us winning things and whatnot. I don't care and I don't apologize for our recent run of success. I spent the first 23 years of my life thinking we were literally destined to fail. In all sports. I watched the Pats get embarrassed by the '85 Bears as a seven-year-old. My father woke me up out of bed as an eight-year-old to watch game six of the 1986 World Series. I think we all know how that one went. The 2001 Patriots changed it all for me. They didn't just win against a team that was projected to destroy them. They made a statement about who we are. I'll never forget the call: "And now, ladies and gentlemen, choosing to be introduced as a team, here are the American Football Conference Champions, the New England Patriots." That's when I truly started to believe. Not just in them, but in us as a people. Hate if you want. I understand, and I don't hold it against you. But this is what I ride for. With no reservations and no apologies.

Fuck apologies, the Boston Sports Century rolls on!

And 2001 was great, but in retrospect it was just an appetizer for The Best Thing That Ever Happened:

• sorry chiefs fans. andy reid cant manage a clock or play call worth two shits. get used to it

• LazarusOblong said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    I'm a Pats fan from birth, so... yeah. Hate me now and all that. I know the rest of the country is sick of us winning things and whatnot. I don't care and I don't apologize for our recent run of success. I spent the first 23 years of my life thinking we were literally destined to fail. In all sports. I watched the Pats get embarrassed by the '85 Bears as a seven-year-old. My father woke me up out of bed as an eight-year-old to watch game six of the 1986 World Series. I think we all know how that one went. The 2001 Patriots changed it all for me. They didn't just win against a team that was projected to destroy them. They made a statement about who we are. I'll never forget the call: "And now, ladies and gentlemen, choosing to be introduced as a team, here are the American Football Conference Champions, the New England Patriots." That's when I truly started to believe. Not just in them, but in us as a people. Hate if you want. I understand, and I don't hold it against you. But this is what I ride for. With no reservations and no apologies.

Fuck apologies, the Boston Sports Century rolls on!

And 2001 was great, but in retrospect it was just an appetizer for The Best Thing That Ever Happened:

with all due respect, the fuck is the point of this pair of non sequitor posts?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    sorry chiefs fans. andy reid cant manage a clock or play call worth two shits. get used to it

Andy gets no love in Philly. He's only their most successful coach. Give the guy a break. I'm sorry but dude did a great job in KC this year. Chip Kelly loses just like Andy did and everybody gives him a pass. He might of wore out his welcome in Philly but c'mon. Fans act like it's easy to win a super bowl or something. Shit back in the day Marty Schottenheimerr got the same bad rap.

-----tortured Philly fan as well

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    tripledouble said:
    sorry chiefs fans. andy reid cant manage a clock or play call worth two shits. get used to it

Andy gets no love in Philly. He's only their most successful coach. Give the guy a break. I'm sorry but dude did a great job in KC this year. Chip Kelly loses just like Andy did and everybody gives him a pass. He might of wore out his welcome in Philly but c'mon. Fans act like it's easy to win a super bowl or something. Shit back in the day Marty Schottenheimerr got the same bad rap.

Yep, McNabb was the dope who couldn't get it done for the Eagles.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Does Randall Cunningham still get love in Philly?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

My bit can be summed up as "I love the Pats, haters gon' hate, I give no fucks."

• DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

My bit can be summed up as "I love the Pats, haters gon' hate, I give no fucks."

Works for me too.

• gomez80 said:
    Does Randall Cunningham still get love in Philly?
    without a doubt. a slightly disfunctional love ala AI, but he will always be a philly hero

• DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

boston wants us to care about them so much they have to remind us how important their football team is all the time.

vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

boston wants us to care about them so much they have to remind us how important their football team is all the time.

YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM, CANADA

• should I just start posting Niners Super Bowl highlights with no connection to this thread?

so many to choose from....

• PrimeCutsLtd said:
    tripledouble said:

yes, chip has had some fuckups that get a pass here in the early going. but andy never changed or adapted and always stuck to his foolproof system. he made heart and soul players expendable since it was his stupid west coast offensive schemes and ridiculous wide9 that were what was really gonna win games (in his head). toward the end, this bankrupted the team in the swagger dept (in my opinion). andy is a stubborn fool. the lack of clock management defied logic and reason. i know you know this!!! "i got to put my team in a better position to win. times yours". get the fuck outta here, andy.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    CHARGERS, SON! FEAR THE BOLO!

rootlesscosmo said:
    should I just start posting Niners Super Bowl highlights with no connection to this thread?

Nah. That was more on some "I'm publicly declaring that I'm rooting for my Pats this postseason, and I know a lot of you are going to hate, but here's why I love them, etc." You know Pats/Sox love gets instant backlash here and throughout most of the country. We're the modern version of the Yankees of the 90s/00s. People hate the success, and that's fine. But there was a time the country loved us, and I'm reminding dudes of that.

DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    should I just start posting Niners Super Bowl highlights with no connection to this thread?

Nah. That was more on some "I'm publicly declaring that I'm rooting for my Pats this postseason, and I know a lot of you are going to hate, but here's why I love them, etc." You know Pats/Sox love gets instant backlash here and throughout most of the country. We're the modern version of the Yankees of the 90s/00s. People hate the success, and that's fine. But there was a time the country loved us, and I'm reminding dudes of that.

The success we don't mind. That y'all are so blind to anything but your own success is what makes you the national assclowns that y'all are.

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

The success we don't mind. That y'all are so blind to anything but your own success is what makes you the national assclowns that y'all are.

Huh. You learn something new every day.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Huh. You learn something new every day.

You know it well, which is why you feel the need to project your insecurities all the dang time. As if your multiple rings aren't enough to keep y'all from acting so desperate...

In this case, y'all earned an extremely valuable 1st round bye and still can't manage to stand not being talked about for a single friggin weekend.

Yes, we all hate you...and it's all y'all's fault.

Harvey, you seem unduly mad, doggie. That wouldn't have anything to do with this, would it?

Oregon crushes Texas in Mack Brown's finale, wins Alamo Bowl

DB_Cooper said:
    Harvey, you seem unduly mad, doggie. That wouldn't have anything to do with this, would it?

Oregon crushes Texas in Mack Brown's finale, wins Alamo Bowl

No, that was a given. And I'm as happy as can be that we just replaced Mack Brown with Charlie Strong.

But yeah, it has to be something other than Pats fans that makes people hate Pats fans.

rootlesscosmo said:

Man, Rick Flair has mellowed with age. Hulk Hogan? Not so much.

HarveyCanal said:
    it has to be something other than Pats fans that makes people hate Pats fans.

VINDICATED!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Boston sports teams are like the Grateful Dead......the only reason I dislike them is their fans are such aholes.

Rockadelic said:
    Boston sports teams are like the Grateful Dead......the only reason I dislike them is their fans are such aholes.

Are we talking people from New England who are homegrown, legitimate fans, or the bandwagon-jumping diaspora found nationwide? Because the former dislike the latter as well.

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

Are we talking people from New England who are homegrown, legitimate fans, or the bandwagon-jumping diaspora found nationwide? Because the former dislike the latter as well.

There are Patriot fans that didn't grow up in the Boston area?

Not sure that I've ever met one.

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

Oh, hell yeah. Just like there are frontrunner faux fans for whoever are considered the best teams in the league. Dudes who want to associate themselves with success, so they claim the team as their own. Never mind all the kids who come to Boston for college and leave calling themselves Red Sox and Pats fans. Shit's not real. It's just an affectation.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

Oh, hell yeah. Just like there are frontrunner faux fans for whoever are considered the best teams in the league. Dudes who want to associate themselves with success, so they claim the team as their own. Never mind all the kids who come to Boston for college and leave calling themselves Red Sox and Pats fans. Shit's not real. It's just an affectation.

Again, I think y'all are so on your own jocks that y'all have imagined this so-called bandwagon that you speak of. Yes, it's natural to assume that by winning there would be a bunch of new periphery fans, but in the case of the Pats...*crickets*.