TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

I am sure they do planes to Heathrow from there.

The needs of the many...

offered a free night out of drinking and cavorting.

asks if they deliver.

#rulebritannia

*Free offer excludes flights to/from Toronto, accommodation and cavorting expenses incurred therein.

I know I passed Bassie's dealbreaker tests but, like I tell Dem, next lifetime...

• I've got three guest bedrooms and two spare bathrooms.

OPULENCE, I KINDA HAS IT

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I enjoy cooking for large groups and a ridiculous capacity for drinking whiskey.
    Let's make this overseas magic happen.

vintageinfants said:
    I've got three guest bedrooms and two spare bathrooms.

OPULENCE, I KINDA HAS IT

Kennels and the wilderness. Grizzly lick man's backside clean.

:rasp:

Man has had worse offers, to be frank.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I am WELL up for an away week in the dominion.

Holler! Jim, Leo, Ali J say yes and we are on.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Grizzly lick man's backside clean.

:rasp:

LOL, don't know why, but first thing in the morning and that's tickled me (no pun intended).

DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:
    That Gateth Bale is furious, furious I tells ya, about Spurs' transfer stance. He's livid.

Lol.
    What a cunt!

B/w Junior contact made, discreet beers next week

::

BritStrut meet before winter, anyone?
    Yes it's an organisational pain but YOLO batches

I'm in town for a few days during the last week of September and might be able to squeeze something in.

YES

Holler date n loc, yahmobethere

• Predictions for the North London Derby?

I think Spurs have the slight advantage as far as squad but I know never to count the chickens with this fixture. I think a score draw.

Soldado with a brace to keep me top of the Strut FF league.

Think Liverpool might get a result this weekend for some reason.

I will be watching Hibs and Ross County. :nagl:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    props 2 u bruvz 4 saying hey we don't want anything to do with syria

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Rustledust said:
    Predictions for the North London Derby?

1.) that the Emirates will be torched to the ground if Arsenal lose AND have not brought anyone in by game time.
    2.) that Arsenal will find a way to field a team of only 8 players - training ground injuries still to come, yet somehow will win 5-2
    3.) that Spurs will win 8-2, and in doing so will magically unlock the safe at the Emirates that is holding all the transfer fees (the real reason we haven't bought this summer - Ivan forgot the pin number)

4.) most likely that it will be a nervy game with some team (probably Arsenal, but who knows) winning 2-1.

PatrickCrazy said:
    props 2 u bruvz 4 saying hey we don't want anything to do with syria

Yes, Italian football's top league is way off the radar these days

BOOM

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I don't follow soccer bro

??85 Mill is a bit strong. Well done Spuds but really, I would've expected a ??~40M move to Un*ted ahead of this.

Real - Dem laugh at FFP, and being Spanish, apparently most other regulations beginning with "Financial".

Ozil to l'Arse?

Fishface would be a fantastic addition to the squad, even if he's not the striker/CB we need.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Arsene only ever wants to spend money on midfielders, we should know this by now.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Thoughts on all the transfer? Bale, Fellaini, etc?

I'm pretty sure Bale is greater than all of the MLS total for the whole league. Crazy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Liverpool did well. Spurs did well, until they gifted Arsenal "the best No.10 in world football". Chelsea spent some more money. City went about their summer in a quiet and businesslike manner. ManU?? God knows what's gone there. Hearing some very strange reports of fake club representatives and all sorts. Fellaini is a good signing but not really what they needed, which is odd for yanited. Arsene still insists on playing the season a few players short of a full squad. frustrating to say the least. Ozil is a great addition though, almost Bergkamp level important signing.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    DOR said:
    Thoughts on all the transfer? Bale, Fellaini, etc?

MAD GREEDY - obviously I am over the moon about getting Ozil - an amazing piece of business which truly puts and end to the "we never replaced Cesc" story. Glad we got some competition for the keeper too, although I know nothing of this dude.

But damn...we really, really should have done our best to get another striker. I think Giroud is the real deal, but NO-WAY-IN-HELL can he be around for 50+ games and don't have any faith in our back-ups. Poldi is out till October/November at best, Sanogo is a rookie who'll need a season/loan to bed in. And really...the idea of TGSTEL as back into the fold just blows my mind.

Ba rumors really had me super happy....if we could have pulled that coup off, I would be super happy now. But for now just hoping to hell that we can make it till the January window with what we have.

Again...Ozil is massive, and I think we have just moved up a few notches as a result, but a little depressed that we could not figure out a striker option...even if it would have been just a back up.

• congrats to arsenal for getting Marty Feldman.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Yeah, the ??zil signing is pretty huge. Great for all you Gunners for sure.

I'm pretty happy with how my team is coming together. This season is lining up to be a really interesting year.

Amazing coup for Wenger. Moyes offered Ozil and said no. Spurs sell Bale to Real and deliver Ozil to us.

Moyes has really cocked it up. Naive Fabregas bid, low-balling for Baines & Fellaini, and getting trolled in Spain:

"I think we're going to hear a lot more about this in the coming days. The details are a bit sketchy but I've just had it confirmed from Old Trafford that the people who were in Spain, apparently negotiating on their behalf for Ander Herrera, were not sent there by the club and can accurately be described as 'impostors'.

Who on earth they were, no idea. But clearly they were trying to get in on the deal and it has ended in embarrassment for everyone. I get the feeling United are furious.

Their official explanation is that they simply couldn't persuade Bilbao to bring down the buyout clause and it was as straightforward as that (even though there is a clause, it doesn't mean the potential buyer has to meet it). However, there have clearly been all sorts of fun and games going on in the background and it's an embarrassment, to say the least."

Arsenal could've done with a few more names, but Ozil will make the rest of the team so much better. And if Diaby comes back from injury, he will be like a new signing!

Liverpool fans glad to have kept hold of Suarez I bet.

Hang on, do arsenal really need another nippy little midfielder?
    Really?

Eye roll

Which for Ozol will be on some chameleon tip

I think Wenger always builds from the midfield. When he does actually build.

To be fair, since Cesc chipping, it's been a bit hit-and-miss.

I for one welcome the goggle-eyed midfield maestro and feel his presence will add value to our likkle corner of the footballing world.

Anyone think the price is a bit high, doe? Or is super-inflation the next big ting?

Price was a bit high, but like when Liverpool bought Andy Carrol, Real needed the money and they knew that Arsenal needed a big signing and had 8 years of savings burning a hole in the pocket.

Normally would baulk at the price, but it's a statement of intent that answers a lot of critics (and probably keeps attention away from the board's snouts in the trough).

Ozil linking up with Cazorla should be magic.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    http://girlswithmesutozileyes.tumblr.com/

Apparently, if Chloe Sevigny had Mesut Ozil eyes, she'd look like...Chloe Sevigny.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Seems like Liverpool and Tottenham did really well, should make for a more interesting season. Considering the EPL signed up almost the entirety of La Liga, I'd like to see the Cold Wet Night In Stoke argument reformulated. Even Stoke signed a Spanish player!

Ozil is obviously a great signing, but doesn't it just mean that, between him and Cazorla, they'll be serving up 200 chances on a silver platter for Giroud to miss? And typical Floro Perez to sell your best midfielder in order to buy another forward. Although they still got Modric, the man couldn't give two fucks about building an actual team or keeping the checkbooks balanced.

And Barcelona didn't sign a center back. Again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I imagine Wenger woke up this morning in a cold sweat. The dawning realisation that 'he'd' just spent 50 million Euros on one player, in a position we already have ample cover for. A bit like when you've been broke, but it's payday and you're feeling flush, so you go on a shopping spree and end up buying some expensive trousers that you'll probably only wear once and then they'll just set in the cupboard, silently taunting you and your folly. "Shut up trousers!" You'll yell internally. "You're not an adequate analogy for the spending habits of Arsenal football club that's universally relatable for common man."

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Curious as to when and where Spuds are going to actually play one half of their new signings. Their bench looked absurdly strong on Sunday.

As for LFC, a reasonably successful transfer window, an early-season win against Yanited and a 100% record has me wondering if the real LFC isn't bound and gagged in some musty Norris Green lock-up while this GMO version sweeps all* before it.

I was quite impressed with the Sinai-ing of Moses, though. A very Abel player. Obviously, there's Noah chance of him getting a start at Chelsea, so why not make the Exodus to the Promised Land. Saul good, though. I'm sure he can do a Job for us, and at least he didn't cost a Lot. Joshua wait until he starts banging them in...**

(* - the first month of the season.)

(** - I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)

The smirk at 2:10

For all the stick he's taken (and I know I've dished a bit out), it's great for Arsene to have this moment.

DocMcCoy said:
    Curious as to when and where Spuds are going to actually play one half of their new signings. Their bench looked absurdly strong on Sunday.

As for LFC, a reasonably successful transfer window, an early-season win against Yanited and a 100% record has me wondering if the real LFC isn't bound and gagged in some musty Norris Green lock-up while this GMO version sweeps all* before it.

I was quite impressed with the Sinai-ing of Moses, though. A very Abel player. Obviously, there's Noah chance of him getting a start at Chelsea, so why not make the Exodus to the Promised Land. Saul good, though. I'm sure he can do a Job for us, and at least he didn't cost a Lot. Joshua wait until he starts banging them in...**

(* - the first month of the season.)

(** - I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)

It would be a total travesty if this ^^^^ gets the lols after my beautifully timed, finely honed Serie A gag got crickets.