dudes that take their dates to record stores

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I took an ex to a record store once and she just sat around all pissed off while I was pulling up garbage.

I took my current girlfriend to a record store a few months into our relationship but that was to dump like 75% of my records

"I'm doing this for you, baby."

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    "I'm doing this for you, baby."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I told her that the owner probably thought she was forcing me to sell my records and she actually went up to dude and said I was doing it voluntarily.

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    I went on a date recently and we went to some record stores to find music
    then went back to my place and made mix tapes
    it worked out.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    and made mix tapes.

Is that a euphenism for sex? If not it should be....

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I went on a date recently and we went to some record stores to find music
    then went back to my place and made mix tapes
    it worked out.

This sounds like something out of a Michael Cera movie.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Anyone take their parents? lol We all went to Montreal for a wedding last summer and they took us to some spot in a plaza by the hotel and waited very patiently in the car outside while me and my brother looked around. My Mom of course clucked a little about us not needing any more records, but my Dad is more sympathetic/supportive.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Anyone take their parents? lol We all went to Montreal for a wedding last summer and they took us to some spot in a plaza by the hotel and waited very patiently in the car outside while me and my brother looked around. My Mom of course clucked a little about us not needing any more records, but my Dad is more sympathetic/supportive.

my parents were in town last wknd and my pops insisted on a digging expedition while my girl and mom went to the wine bar down the street.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    There's definitely been a shift in the past few years lots of kids and "regular" people hanging out in record stores. It is a little annoying to have to listen these awkward conversations, and the "OMG Journey on vinyl", while I'm trying to rip through plan9 dollarbin in 10 mins because I'm supposed to be out getting groceries.. At the same time it really helps to balance off the formerly high levels of crustitude.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    There's definitely been a shift in the past few years lots of kids and "regular" people hanging out in record stores. It is a little annoying to have to listen these awkward conversations, and the "OMG Journey on vinyl", while I'm trying to rip through plan9 dollarbin in 10 mins because I'm supposed to be out getting groceries.. At the same time it really helps to balance off the formerly high levels of crustitude.

This guy, two kids and still the most ubiquitous digger in Richmond. I almost never get to record shop these days and every time I do go your there before me. Once you get the young-ins trained to find records there will be no hope for the rest of us.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I hate using the word digger by the way. But it was that or hoarder and I was trying to be nice.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    the other day I was at a record store here in Porto Alegre and as I was flipping through the bins a dude walks in with a girl and asks the owner, in an obvious bid to impress the lady, "hey man, what Queen raers do you have?"

• I've seen a million of these scenarios. Just the other day I was in a Savers in CT... I walked in and saw a suicide girl looking chick walk out with a pretty nice turntable. I figured the record selection would be beat, and she had gotten to the good stuff that day. Shortly after I found A love Supreme in Mono and hendrix at rainbow bridge. Obviously I gave her too much credit.
    The best one I can recall recently was at a certain flea market in Connecticut which has been infiltrated with hipsters who have a renewed interest in "vinyls". I was looking thru some bins and I hear a guy talking to his girlfriend, he pulled out a ridiculous Sounds of Mexico record or some other generic comp and showed her... She said " oh sick, imagine playing that when we have friends over for taco night". I stopped looking and walked away.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ChristianJS said:
    The best one I can recall recently was at a certain flea market in Connecticut which has been infiltrated with hipsters who have a renewed interest in "vinyls". I was looking thru some bins and I hear a guy talking to his girlfriend, he pulled out a ridiculous Sounds of Mexico record or some other generic comp and showed her... She said " oh sick, imagine playing that when we have friends over for taco night". I stopped looking and walked away.

I've seen this more times than not.

Some guy, with his girl, might be buying an Isaac Hayes record. Ah, cool - he's into classic soul/funk, amirite? Not quite: "Hey, this will sound good at our retro 70s party!" Ehhhh...

• ppadilha said:
    "raers"

did he really say raers? Is he a Strutteur?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The first three times I went to NJ/NYC with my girl we spent an entire day walking up and down the lower east side hitting up record stores. Thank god she loves me and is still with me, because she did not have a good time. I do have to say that she is a singer and music lover so a couple times she listened to a record while I was digging, but most of the time she was just looking at me thinking "We're in NYC and this muthafucka wants to go look at records all goddamn day!?!?!?!"

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I've never taken a girl to a record shop but have frequently asked friends and relations to give me 15-20 minutes inside. The other day I told a shop owner I would have liked more time but I had people waiting for me - he leaned in close and told me he was open tomorrow and I should come back then and tell my friends my phone has run out of battery if they try to call.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    motown67 said:
    "We're in NYC and this muthafucka wants to go look at records all goddamn day!?!?!?!"

Ha! For the longest time, that was my number one reason to go to NYC!

Generally speaking- it's a strange decision to take a (first) date to a place where all your attention is on something other than him/her.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    ppadilha said:
    "raers"

did he really say raers? Is he a Strutteur?

judging from the dude's appearance (thinning long hair, beer gut, 80's metal band t-shirt), the line of inquiry and the manner in which he was trying to impress a lady, he was most definitely a strutteur.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lmao @ dissing a girl - or anyone - for not buying Rainbow Bridge

• If i get the feeling that dude is catching grief and his female is consistently looking at her watch and counting the seconds, I try to intervene and remedy the situation with this scenario: I draw her a map and send her on a 3 block walk. This takes 15 minute each way. The destination is a quality antique collective that has most things a woman would enjoy looking at assuming she can deal with Vintage wares. the whole trek usually takes about 40 minutes.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    judging from the dude's appearance (thinning long hair, beer gut, 80's metal band t-shirt), the line of inquiry and the manner in which he was trying to impress a lady, he was most definitely a strutteur.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Anyone got the pic of dude outside pub, with woman, he's on the portable with a stack of records and a pint? From a year back.

Had a few drinking sessions with dude over the last few weeks, he swears the girl was not his.

Anyway, lord gumboot reveal thyself.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    double

That's him, thanks.

Really good dude.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    skel said:
    That's him, thanks.

Really good dude.

When I saw this I thought, "Really? You really can't wait until you get home?"

Hipster-desperatism.

But maybe it was the foppish leg-crossing and suede jacket.

And let him who is clean cast the first stone, for I myself rocked a suede jacket for some time.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    lmao @ dissing a girl - or anyone - for not buying Rainbow Bridge

Pali Gap is the shit though.

J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    That's him, thanks.

Really good dude.

When I saw this I thought, "Really? You really can't wait until you get home?"

Hipster-desperatism.

But maybe it was the foppish leg-crossing and suede jacket.

And let him who is clean cast the first stone, for I myself rocked a suede jacket for some time.

And dude REALLY knows his stuff on jazz

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    That boozer's the one on the corner of Chapel Market and Penton Street, if I'm not mistaken.