ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU'RE DRUNK

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
I have a rare moment when my newborn is down for the night and I am up. I'm six in, but honestly, my line for drunkenness is somewhere around 12. I'm going to drink half a water glass of vodka. Will report back.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lmho - I'm picking records for tomorrow's radio show, and getting lit in the process after a HARD ASS week. I'll meet you back here.

• it's 9 on a friday.

im steeped in a half dozen double gin & tonics with no signs of slowing. look out political threads, daddy's got a shine going.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Just threw down two quick doubles. That should get me on my way.

So...

GAME ON MOTHERFUCKERS. THIS IS THE OFFICIAL HOME OF WHYLING THE FUCK OUT WITH NO REMORESES. GET STUPID, GET PHILOSOPHICAL, GET ALL WEEPY, I DON''T. FUCKING. CARE. BE YOU, YOU SELF-DECEIVING MOTHERFUCKER. LET'S DO THIS.

• i was complaining about the excruciating lack of snacks up in the pantry to my lovely girlfriend and she volunteered to rectify the issue while i took the dog out for a stroll (rocks glass in hand).

i walk through the door and see piping hot, fresh out of te oven...... KALE CHIPS.

.... motherfucking kale chips. how imma supposed to snack on those.

to let her know im thankful, im spending te rest of the night in a bright orange shirt with a black pillowcase over my head.

girlfriends rule

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Technically, I can't post here because I'm (sadly) sober. I'm working, and we already went to the gallery opening at the end of the block for one beer, and it's raining, and I don't want to go back out.

So, keep the crazy coming for my amusement! And, while girlfriends rule, kale chips are not providing the kind of base you're going to need for this thread to keep going.

Back to my seltzer water.

• MIGHT BLAST OFF ON SOME DRUNKEN SCOOBIDOO NOODLES TOO TONIGHT.

ROAR AT ME

• gareth said:

gareth said:
    Technically, I can't post here because I'm (sadly) sober. I'm working, and we already went to the gallery opening at the end of the block for one beer, and it's raining, and I don't want to go back out.

So, keep the crazy coming for my amusement! And, while girlfriends rule, kale chips are not providing the kind of base you're going to need for this thread to keep going.

Gareth, I know you and respect you. Pound some fucking booze or remove yourself. It is like that.

• DB_Cooper said:
    gareth said:

Gareth, I know you and respect you. Pound some fucking booze or remove yourself. It is like that.

yeah, gareth. get your shit together. i appreciate your concern, but this party is going forward... whole foods styles.

bassie pouring whiskey?

I HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BOARD. In the best way possible,

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Give me a few hours, I'm putting kids to bed. I got my drank lined up. Tis on

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    Working on my 4th margarita while visiting a friend at the hotel congress in tucson, arizona. Not drunk yet, but getting there...i'm a lightweight

It's a beautiful fresh night in Toronto.
    I'm on my front porch listening to 6 Foot 7 Foot.

• Just got off work, grueling twelve hour day.
    I'm about to go in on this bushmills, light ice.
    If I actually manage to actually get drunk I shall dutifully report back.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    does still being drunk from the night before count?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Up in remote Idaho at my parents with my daughter drinking all the beer I can handle in lieu of the good. Got a whole 'nother week of this to go.

was wondering where you've been

I actually found good records today at a thrift in downtown Orofino. Soul and jazz records even, couldn't believe my eyes.

post a song (or three) off the records

bassie said:
    post a song (or three) off the records

Sorry, way too drunk for that.

My daughter did pick out a sealed Chipmunks raer though. That may wind up as the most fun of the bunch.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Gravitee. HEE HEE. Shwooch go the jug of smoke.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I actually found good records today at a thrift in downtown Orofino. Soul and jazz records even, couldn't believe my eyes. IDAHO GOT HEAT

b/w

A FEW DRANKS IN, WAITING FOR MISSUS TO GET DID.

I went to buy beer at my corner store and dude is walking down the street with a TOOL shirt. IN OAKLAND. Must start keeping shit in my car to throw at people.

• I decided to try this alcoholism thing on for size and it fits quite well.
    I've discovered Hendricks and Fever-Tree Tonic water.
    Gubna Imperial IPA does it for me, too, at 10% abv. Good shiiii

Should I wax poetic about my current state of affairs? What's the deal?

• woke up feeling and tasting like i slept in a juniper bush.

but it's too nice outside to not do it again, starting right now.