ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU'RE DRUNK

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    been drinking this shit:

with this:

has been really fuckin with my rum & coke game...but for some odd reason I find this shit delicious and um not much of a drinker...more of a midnight toker type, its 27??C/78??F in Halifax, which is just about right for crackin this shit open...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    9 apple ciders deep. fell asleep on the couch with a milt jackson record still spinning. housemate woke me up with a 'what the fusk?!' how is everyone else traveling this weekend?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    been drinking this shit:

that looks damn good! how you like it?

bout to mix up some mojitos w/dark Brugal for this USA v Cuba Gold Cup game...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i've befriended a few power caesars in Mom's backyard this afternoon so far

Currently fascinated by birds (the avian type)

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Is this a good album or am i enjoying the brews too much?

b/w

Beam me up scottish

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Has anyone heard from DB?

Last night was Hennessy Black and work.
    Tonight it's Jameson and dancing my ass off.
    I might even paint my nails.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    been drinking this shit:

that looks damn good! how you like it?

this shit is soo good its great! seriously though I honestly aint much of a drinker so um not a rum connoisseur, but from most of the rums I have tried, this is the one I like the most... it has a great taste with coke as well but I recently started drinking it with root beer and I think I like it better. I haven't been able to find it anywhere outside of St Lucia, which is kinda wack, so what I have is like drinking gold when I dip into it..

this shit (Marigold Bay Coconut Rum) is the bomb as well but I cant find that off the island either

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    Has anyone heard from DB?

I followed those two quick doubles with two more quick doubles (on top of six previous), wanting to make sure I was really drunk for this thread. It was cool for about 15 minutes, and I even drank a bit more before I realized that eight plus shots of vodka in a half hour was a bad choice. I then recused myself, by which I mean I wen down face-first on my couch. Hard. Woke up today to the realization that I had killed all but two shots of a liter of vodka. Sorry, liver.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Last night I was busy getting drunk and didn't realize this thread was going. Woke up extremely tender and had to sleep it off until about 11.

Had drinks at a NY ex-strutter's baby shower with the one BATMON. Now I'm nursing a martini while the baby gets put to bed. Gonna take it light tonight though, got a morning date with the beach and being hungover in the sun is the worst.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I feel a Mezcal night coming on...

• hit snooze at sunrise then eventually got out of bed cloaked in the smell of last nights bombay, as though i had been. clocked in and proceeded to pull two thousand feet of low voltage wire for man and them. home for noon. pottered about in the backyard, yanking weeds and neighbor waving, first drink at one bell. while honey do becomes honey did to the dulcet tones of the one miss bassie's radio show. weeds gone with the tonic. too close for missiles, we're switching to guns. skullhead and soda in with zest of adirondack nap sprinkled in. "jays win, jays win....".... 8 bells, dozen drinks. phone starts to light up like fireworks are a week late. 'doing a set around the corner, must come'. 'haven't seen you in ages, must come'. 'so and so is home from 'the chel', must come.'. pouring the last of akyroyds brain stew into a jar and pushing rocks to the local university bar. more flow than ebb this day i say. now to see how well me and mine can assimilate with the scholastic set. surely i can keep up with those born after 36 chambers.... or was a full day enough? a wiser man than i said 'tonight im going down to the well, im going to drink til I get my fill'..... those dungarees be damned if that's not what I'm after today.

see you on the other side soulstrut, everything after this isn't my fault.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Yo! I can be down!

Tonight's the night, as the Redman would say. No work, and drinking with the nytimes crossword.

Justin- nice work on the liter! Sure the kid helped the hangover!
    Johnny- "ex-strutter" seems sad amidst the wave of nostalgia but good to hear all got down. How's the young lady do in the surf? Ours loves it- and still rocking the bald head at 21 months.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think at this point in the game there are more ex-strutters than strutters. Wearing out the relievers and all that.

She's not much for the surf, but she loves the sand and sun! Hair's just starting to really come in. In a perfect Mohawk with mullet, as it should be for such a trendy baby. Hahahaha.

gareth said:
    Justin- nice work on the liter! Sure the kid helped the hangover!

Yes, today with the 7-week-old hommie was an ever-unfolding tapestry of harmony and joy. I poured a pint of pinot grigio around 5 hoping it would take the edge off and almost gagged on the first swig. This was the sort of hangover where I usually end up puking a bit in the shower while I brush my teeth. Didn't today though, so I guess that's a win.

"Wearing out the relievers??" Is that baseball haet??? We got a whole 'nother thread for that!

We're rocking the curls in the back, fringe on the top & peach fuzz on the sides. Loving the mullet ourselves.

DB - father of the year material with that shit and a 7-week old.

Who was it in this thread saying, "four, but I'm getting there. Imma lightweight." Dayum! Four drinks these days, and I'll put on the lampshade.

Not that it'll prevent me from going for 5&6, mind you....

Oh, and Bassie- "Six Foot, Seven Foot," is my favorite Lil Wayne song, apropos of nothing.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Yoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! DB congrats to you and the better half! Seven weeks in damn! Enjoy it man, that first year goes by too fast.

What up soulstrut?! NY in the house, I see you folls. The last of the kid's friends just left and I'm a few beers deep, bout to put a dent on this bottle of Basil Hayden's. Question is do I go out in the neighborhood or get vaped and crawl into a youtube black hole.

Its been a minute, but soulstrut, you and me, we're forever.

• friends girlfriends band just played 'don't do it' by Marvin Gaye and shut shit down. surrounded by tha kidz

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Wasted and feeling lovely.
    A lot of bare legs everywhere.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Last night I was busy getting drunk and didn't realize this thread was going. Woke up extremely tender and had to sleep it off until about 11.

Had drinks at a NY ex-strutter's baby shower with the one BATMON. Now I'm nursing a martini while the baby gets put to bed. Gonna take it light tonight though, got a morning date with the beach and being hungover in the sun is the worst.

What up Daddy.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    third night in a row of drinking. i feel like i have been run over by a truck now. let the good times roll!

Garcia_Vega said:
    Yoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! DB congrats to you and the better half! Seven weeks in damn! Enjoy it man, that first year goes by too fast.

Thank you, my hommie! I must say I've always been impressed with your fathering skills. Seeing it from this side just makes me realize how strong you had to be to carry it when your kids were young. It's the best thing I've ever done. And also the hardest.

Garcia_Vega said:
    this bottle of Basil Hayden's.

WHY YOU GOTTA TEMPT ME LIKE THAT, R******? YOU KNOW THAT'S MY SHIT.

I brought beer to the edit today.

That is all.

Let's open a third...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I really wanted to post in this thread last night but I was too wasted to even make it happen. Birthday party for a friend and at some point 5 beers became more like 14. I passed out on my front porch and woke up shortly afterwards lying in the driveway?! Then I took a long freezing cold shower and somehow got to bed.

I'm breaking the rules by posting when not drunk but I'm so hungover and that must count for something ... and I'm just giddy to post in the one thread on SS that hasn't been tarnished by MLJ trolling.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ugh. It's like Candyman but you only have to say his name once.

• Fever-Tree Tonic Water and Hendrick's Gin>>>>>>

Let's see. I have a type, beautiful, nice, and on TV.

• Dolo does not drink and finds proud displays of drunkeness beneath contempt. Drunks are annoying trash and the people who find merit in their inability to go through life without rendering themselves insensible through intoxicants are the lowest of the low. Your foul breath, your obnoxious touch feelyness, your loud drunken voices, all these things are contemptible and worthy of harsh rebuke both verbal and physical. When someone puts his sweaty drunken arm around my shoulder dolo is liable to put his taut, muscular arm around their throat and squeeze until polite company is relieved of them

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Deluxe life dolo said:
    Dolo does not drink and finds proud displays of drunkeness beneath contempt. Drunks are annoying trash and the people who find merit in their inability to go through life without rendering themselves insensible through intoxicants are the lowest of the low. Your foul breath, your obnoxious touch feelyness, your loud drunken voices, all these things are contemptible and worthy of harsh rebuke both verbal and physical. When someone puts his sweaty drunken arm around my shoulder dolo is liable to put his taut, muscular arm around their throat and squeeze until polite company is relieved of them

I don't understand how one can write this kind of thing being sober.