DILEMA(NRR)

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
aight, so this dude that is friends with my brother left his drums at my house like 4 years ago right? like 2 years ago, he came back and said he needed his bass drum and toms, right? so i gave them to him. so i havent seen him in about a year and a half, so i figure he doesnt want his drums back, now this dude is comin to my door like everyday tryin to get his symbols back, im like "dog, you left the shit here, it's mine now". this aint no storage unit, nawmean? so what would you do? cuz im really gettin pissed off, im ready to throw down on this dude

Comments

• kick him in the nuts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    naw, i mean, if i want to i will just lump dude in his head with like 20 fierce blows. but i dont want it to come to that

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    dude, give dude back his drums. that shit ain't yours. what are you thinking?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Tell him he has seven days to pick it up. If he doesn't put it on the curb and tell him tough luck.

naw, you dont understand, first of all it's my moms house, and my brother said he could leave them there without my moms permission. second of all, all of us(my bro included) were under the impression dude didnt want them anymore. you dont just leave your shit at someones house for four years then come back wanting it

• dayday 9,611 Posts

for real

Granted that dude shouldn't have left them there for so damn long without talking to you, but unless you guys said some shit like "yo if you don't come get these in "X" amount of time they're mine" then they're still his mang.

The same thing happened with me and my cousin. I was holding onto to his set (AYO!) while he lived in another state and when he came back 2 years later I gave them back to him.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Bull shit. Say, what do you think this -- Deadbeat hipster equipment storage?

Happened to me and I threatened to leave it outside on the street, that made things happen quicker. But some littler stuff I kept as lost deposit.

Symbols - love it!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    btw how are you playing those shits without a bass drum??

i got my own set last year, but i've been using his symbols

Bull shit. Say, what do you think this -- Deadbeat hipster equipment storage?

Happened to me and I threatened to leave it outside on the street, that made things happen quicker. But some littler stuff I kept as lost deposit.

Symbols - love it!
    thats what im sayin, dude was usin my house as fuckin storage with only my brothers permission, who doesnt even live here anymore!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    lump dude in his head with like 20 fierce blows
    , plaese to post the cantonese dubbed version on my all region PAL format dvd.

• aight, so this dude that is friends with my brother left his drums at my house like 4 years ago right? like 2 years ago, he came back and said he needed his bass drum and toms, right? so i gave them to him. so i havent seen him in about a year and a half, so i figure he doesnt want his drums back, now this dude is comin to my door like everyday tryin to get his symbols back, im like "dog, you left the shit here, it's mine now". this aint no storage unit, nawmean? so what would you do? cuz im really gettin pissed off, im ready to throw down on this dude

WTF This shouldn't be a dilemma, give em back. You said it's your brothers friend. He left em too long but still why would you get down over something that wasn't yours to begin with.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    File This Thread Under: "Not the Response TheMack was hoping for."

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    so what would you do?

just poke him out yo. who cares? you only got one life to live hommie, lay that pipe game and then brag about it to your friend.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    so what would you do?

just poke him out yo. who cares? you only got one life to live hommie, lay that pipe game and then brag about it to your friend.

that'll teach him not to fuck with

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    so what would you do?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• i got my own set last year, but i've been using his symbols

and that's why you don't want to give them back?

i've had that happen a couple times with records. some dude left a copy of senor soul-plays funky favorites at my house and never asked for it back. i've wanted to sell it since it's a double and i moved but it's not mine to sell. there is no statute of limitations on that. it's his possession. until he claims it (which might be never) it's not mine to sell. now i play it every once in a while but i can't get myself to sell it.

• so what would you do?

YES. LINE UP IN THAT PUCCINI!!!!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    so what would you do?

"You know you dont get no cymbals dog!!!"

• i have a pa system at my parents basement, that has been there for 10 years that doesn't belong to me, if dude (who prob never come back for it after his acid trip born again jesus thing) came tommorrow wanting it its his, unless u give dude a dead line its his, no matter if your brother told him it was cool

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    You should give 'em back to dude...only after you kick him in the shin and pour Mikes Bitch Made Leamonade on him!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you know they're rightfully his. you just don't want to spend the money to buy your own cymbals.

your brother didn't give the dude a time limit and the friend has every right to think he can come back for the cymbals when he already got the drums back a few years after leaving them there.

compromise. offer to buy them off him at a about half what it would cost you to buy new ones.

i'm not implying you're rich, but if you got some disposable income, now is the time to get shit like records and drum kits and nice classic shoes and some cashmere argyles. do it now, not when you gotta pay for rent, school fees, insurance and all that other shit.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Give the dude his cymbals back man.

I mean, yeah he has left them there for years and stuff but you know whats right man, so do the right thing and give that shit back.

You can always give him a little dead leg or something after you've given him his cymbals back if you want.

• That shit is abandoned property. Give him an invoice for storage (equal to the cost of buying a set yourself). Send invoice to dude via registered mail. Tell him your uncle or cousin is a lawyer and you have a funky precedent!

Or tell him you sold 'em a long time ago and then show him your gun collection.

(ducks)

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    naw, i mean, if i want to i will just lump dude in his head with like 20 fierce blows. but i dont want it to come to that

fuck it, lump dude up style

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i'm not implying you're rich, but if you got some disposable income, now is the time to get shit like records and drum kits and nice classic shoes and some cashmere argyles. do it now, not when you gotta pay for rent, school fees, insurance and all that other shit.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    so what would you do?

YES. LINE UP IN THAT PUCCINI!!!!

Quite honestly... I own a 1973 Fender Bassman silver face amp (mad lootcakes, dunny) that belonged to a dude named Chris from my hometown who was in a straight edge band called Intestinal Fortitude. His dad owned a warehouse in the industrial park and we used to have shows there. Chris could play Dr. Know's entire 8-bar solo from the Bad Brains' She's Calling You." Any fan of the Bad Brains will know that, while only 8-bars, that particular solo is some of the tightest shit in the game. Not some weaksauce lickery, but the real deal (see the "tribute" record made for the Bad Brains where none of the so-called "rockers" even attempted the solos). Chris even had that harmonic/whammy bar combo at the very end on lock. FULLY FAWKUSED!

Chris let me use the Fender Bassman in 1987 when I got my first bass, which actually belonged to the bass player in Intestinal Fortitude, Torsten. Torsten was cool -- and his punk girlfriend was my eternal teenage fuck fantasy -- and he showed me all the hot straight edge basslines.

Eventually Torsten came calling for the bass. And I (begrudgingly) gave it up and bought a Westone (yea, who's heard of Westone?). Chris never came for the Bassman. Time passed, Intestinal Fortitude broke up, and I fell out of contact with Chris. Some years later I happened to go to his house with a friend and Chris was working as some insurance salesman (or some such fuckness), he'd gotten all pudgy and was watching football (what the fuck?) when we came in. I asked him if he still played guitar -- with a vision of him straight murdering Dr. Know's licks still emblazoned on my mind -- and he was like, "Nah, man." Then he opened the closet door of his bedroom, revealing a pony keg and made some asinine comment about a "rager" he was gonna have that weekend.

SHOT.DOWN.

IN.FLAMES.

Some shit just sticks with you. I know Drez knows what I mean. Fuck, that was like burying a pet turtle. Chris, what the fuck man?

It's still my favorite amp to play through. And to be honest, I consider it mine. It's attached to me only the way a bunch of resistors, capacitors and tubes housed in a wooden box can be attached to a man's heart - totally and completely - mine. But if Chris came knocking, I think I'd have to give it to him.

And I still can't play that fucking solo.

Did you get that call?

Or were you not a home?

Little chance you'll miss

Just steady on your phone.

I know you're glad

Wisdom is not sad.

p.s., It's actually, dilemma.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this is an integral part of shitty rock band dynamics.
    i lost track a long ass time ago how and where some of my pedals came and went. I lost so much shit when i quite this one band its not even funny... my Pro Co Rat, a real nice 60's mustang bass etc etc.. but all that gear was shit i'd "found" in our practice space or somebody else had leant to somebody else who leant it to me..

i've got a real sweetass musicman bass that my buddy leant me over a year ago. has the worst sparkly kitty sticker on it but i cannot peel it as it is not my bass... even though it is my bass i have ot give it back if dude comes calling.. even on year five... but that said when i move shit goes with me

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    so what would you do?

First "laugh out loud at work while no one else is in the room" moment of the day. Awesome.