MLB2K13 YOU SUCKAZ.

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
WHAT SAYEST THOU TO MY POWERHAUS BLUE BIRDS?!?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    you beat me to it; was gonna start this thread last night.

enjoy Melky, just don't go letting him make any websites.

I have tix for June 4-5 Toronto at SF; come out.

we coughed one up yesterday but on the brightside Cain had a good first outing.

I'm just glad beisbol is back! Even when you get to play the last game of the postseason (as we did; you may recall), the off season still feels loooong to a dude like me.

I will be there on Friday for the home opener; taking the day off work. SF strutteurs can catch me at Zeke's bar from about 10 AM till game time; reference this thread and the first Fernet's on me!

BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA / BEAT LA

...oh, and still WORLD CHAMPS, BATCHES.

WALKAWAYSON.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

one-man wrecking crew

• rootlesscosmo said:

it's wifey's favorite squad..... it's possible i could take you up on that.

we got 8 tix for may 14-15 for here against the gigantes...... home @ home series?

Guzzo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

one-man wrecking crew

Kershaw is awesome.

But luckily for us, he doesn't pitch (or bat) in October!

vintageinfants said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

we got 8 tix for may 14-15 for here against the gigantes...... home @ home series?

I'll have to check flight prices!

BEISBOL BATCHES!

• rootlesscosmo said:
    vintageinfants said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

I'll have to check flight prices!

BEISBOL BATCHES!

get a groupon with awwdamn poppin'..... plenty of room in america's hat for you guys.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    if folls are making a pilgrimage to T dot I might could have to make that happen in my SF Seals hat.. I'm just saying...

maybe the SF strut massive charters a plane to NY and then we rent a camper...I'm just spitballing here....

• i swear to god, if DB_Cooper's new baby cramps our division rivalry im gonna go berserk.

• folls turn on the Rangers game right now something something is happening with Yu Darvish through 8 innings as I speak.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yu Darvish is sick

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    O'S

also, damn yu, almost had it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    OOOF

• re: Darvish, sad trumbone wah wah wahhhhhhh

• of course he will be facing the Astros 4-5 more times this year so stay tuned

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I love Toronto fans

Who's throwing out the first pitch, struttin' out to the mound!

• DOR said:
    I love Toronto fans

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i swear to god, if DB_Cooper's new baby cramps our division rivalry im gonna go berserk.

YO DAWG MY NEW BABY ISN'T GONNA BE NAMED "THE GHOSTS OF THEO EPSTEIN'S MISTAKES", SO IF OUR DIVISIONAL RIVALRY IS CRAMPED, IT AINT HIS FAULT.

For real, though, my Red Sox are looking....like an interesting, fairly young team with moderate potential. I haven't been in this situation since maybe 2003, maybe even the early 90s, where we had a team with such a mix of potential and lack of high hopes. My Sox could eke out an AL East title in an Impossible Dream scenario, or they could end in last place.

b/w

My kid's due date is May 12. Otherwise, I would be so down for Strut roadtrip to Toronto. I love the fact that you can get day-of-game tickets directly behind home plate at the Rogers Centre for $25. And the fact that it's the Blue Jays paying you the $25 to sit through the game.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I named my fantasy squad Yadier Yadier Yadier and I'm not optimistic for its or my White Sox' success. Inevitably what will happen, as what always happens when a team from Detroit makes the playoffs at the expense of a team from Chicago, is that the Tigers will get there and then nothing will happen.

I was sad to see A.J. leave the South Side but he keeps doing it, now for the Rangers. If Yu came through, that would have been the third time A.J. caught a perfect game!

I, too, have a newborn babe (she of two months strong!) but you'll find me sans kids at one of the least kid-friendly places that sell cotton candy, U.S. Cellular Field.

herbacios tweed said:
    folls turn on the Rangers game right now something something is happening with Yu Darvish through 8 innings as I speak.

nice one dude.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:
    I love Toronto fans

haha...it took like 6 loops for me to notice what was going on!

But for real I might have to hop on the Jays bandwagon this year...

• yo rootlesscsomo, put me down for two tix on the 5th.

not a for SURE for sure thing, but ill be lettin you know soon come.

have your finest Ales and lagers prepared, it shall be broughteth.

• SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL

vintageinfants said:
    yo rootlesscsomo, put me down for two tix on the 5th.

not a for SURE for sure thing, but ill be lettin you know soon come.

have your finest Ales and lagers prepared, it shall be broughteth.

word; I am selling my current pair and will cop 4 in a row. if you make it out, great. otherwise I can always unload 2 of em. PM me with your budget so I have a ballpark price to look for (get it?); no, srs PM me.

BTW Yu Darvish *almost* pitched a perfect game. That and $2.25 will buy you a dopio at Starbucks. On the brightside, he still pitched 8 shutout innings, which puts him up there (for now) with 2X world champion Madison Bumgarner, who did the same last night. Good job, Yu!

• Astros team salary [22m] is less than the personal salary of 9 players in the league, 4 being yankees.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:
    I love Toronto fans

Yeah I'm jumping on!

I just purchased a subscription to the MLB At Bat iPhone app. $2 a month and I get pitch by pitch updates and condensed games video. Plus a bunch of other cool shit.

BeatChemist said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:
    I love Toronto fans

Yeah I'm jumping on!

I just purchased a subscription to the MLB At Bat iPhone app. $2 a month and I get pitch by pitch updates and condensed games video. Plus a bunch of other cool shit.

I spent 20 mins on the phone with MLB last week. Just to save anyone else the headache:

- At Bat app = $20 for radio streams of every game (local and national commentators) on your phone OR computer.
    - MLB Game Day Audio = $20 for radio streams of every game (local and national commentators) ONLY ON YOUR COMPUTER.

Moral = order the phone app. I thought they were the same but they're not. Phone app buys you a subscription that you can use to log in on the phone or computer, but it doesnt work the other way around.

• full count. two outs. bottom nine.