MLB2K13 YOU SUCKAZ.

Comments

• TWO OF DA GODZ

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    nice one!

• what is going ON in oakland?

ive been watching them in a few games on the extra innings package and they have been handily beating good teams easily and won 10 in a row at home. wonder if the pitching will hold up.

• :hi:

Nice streak.

• gonna drive down the road to buffalo tonight to go watch reyes make his last start with the bisons before coming back up. and romero is pitching, so it'll be nice to see if he's managing to work through his issues.

• im really going to need to see a chris davis test result. i just watched him steer one out of the ballpark with his hands.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

so I was at Petco on Sat night.

*almost* wore the Bonds jersey but at the last minute opted for "Let Tim Smoke."

glad I did! epic night.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    TWO OF DA GODZ

not sure I can call that a bubble goose but honestly there's just no need for that in SF

ever

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    vintageinfants said:
    TWO OF DA GODZ

not sure I can call that a bubble goose but honestly there's just no need for that in SF

ever

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Fran Blah Blah Blah." - Mark Two

it was 55 that night, plus the upper deck wind prolly knocked off another 5 degrees.

and I was naked under that jacket.

• 'jesus, it's kinda f***in' cold'

-a canadian in san francisco, calif

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

I followed this game at work. Timmy got some great defensive help too. Real happy for him.

University of Washington Alum also!

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

vintageinfants said:
    WHAT SAYEST THOU TO MY POWERHAUS BLUE BIRDS?!?

Alright, J***. Break it down for me. What the hell happened to your squad?

• DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:

i'd say the lack of success come for the exact opposite reason of my your bosox have found it. tale as old as the sport itself.....

1. pitching
    2. pitching
    3. pitching

people can talk about "cohesion" and all that jive all they want, but the bottom line is that the starting pitching just hasn't been there. the jays have managed to win every slugfest they get into.... but if the run production there it's L city.

and i'm not even talking about the bullpen. the bullpen has been strong. very strong. it's a mix of our "studs" not showing up, and our 4 and 5 guys getting injured. happ taking a ball to the brain is bad luck, yeah. but dickey is on some jeckyll & hyde shit, beuhrle is giving up 2 jacks before the 5th inning and becoming more of a coach than player with every day that passes, and josh johnson has lost most of his command. we need morrow back and happ could certainly help.

on the position side, bautista forgot how to hit home runs, arrencibia has the most strikeouts in the L, lawrie has always been fools gold in my opinion, reyes was injured and cant hit big league pitching for now, and melky has split his time between injury and the only thing keeping him from probable suspension is a double jeopardy clause.

our two bright spots (outside of the bullpen) for us have been the two the no one saw coming. munenori kawasaki who forces pitchers to throw 30+ pitches in 4 at bats (which helps against guys like scherzer, king felix,cc et al.) and mark de rosa. mark fucking de rosa man.

sure, it felt good to rattle off a dozen in a row, but we've gone from sweeping to being swept and stayed under .500 ball. just doesn't cut it in the toughest division in pro sports.

vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:

i'd say the lack of success come for the exact opposite reason of my your bosox have found it. tale as old as the sport itself.....

1. pitching
    2. pitching
    3. pitching

people can talk about "cohesion" and all that jive all they want, but the bottom line is that the starting pitching just hasn't been there. the jays have managed to win every slugfest they get into.... but if the run production there it's L city.

and i'm not even talking about the bullpen. the bullpen has been strong. very strong. it's a mix of our "studs" not showing up, and our 4 and 5 guys getting injured. happ taking a ball to the brain is bad luck, yeah. but dickey is on some jeckyll & hyde shit, beuhrle is giving up 2 jacks before the 5th inning and becoming more of a coach than player with every day that passes, and josh johnson has lost most of his command. we need morrow back and happ could certainly help.

on the position side, bautista forgot how to hit home runs, arrencibia has the most strikeouts in the L, lawrie has always been fools gold in my opinion, reyes was injured and cant hit big league pitching for now, and melky has split his time between injury and the only thing keeping him from probable suspension is a double jeopardy clause.

our two bright spots (outside of the bullpen) for us have been the two the no one saw coming. munenori kawasaki who forces pitchers to throw 30+ pitches in 4 at bats (which helps against guys like scherzer, king felix,cc et al.) and mark de rosa. mark fucking de rosa man.

sure, it felt good to rattle off a dozen in a row, but we've gone from sweeping to being swept and stayed under .500 ball. just doesn't cut it in the toughest division in pro sports.

I was looking for "turns out they sucked all along", but I appreciate the effort put into your answer.

^^^^
    That wasn't very sporting of me, but when it comes to the AL East, the knives are always out. :killin_it:

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• Some sort of nightmarish alternate reality has emerged in the last 24 hrs: Giants record their first losing season in 5 yrs and the Dodgers win the NL West.

I knew this day would come, but I just....I just still wasn't mentally prepared for it I guess.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Some sort of nightmarish alternate reality has emerged in the last 24 hrs: Giants record their first losing season in 5 yrs and the Dodgers win the NL West.

I knew this day would come, but I just....I just still wasn't mentally prepared for it I guess.

Its best to just let go of the past and live in the beautiful blue present

Be like Brian Wilson and join us. Acceptance is the only answer

• I'd rather die.

rootlesscosmo said:
    I'd rather die.

You should root for the Sox this post-season, then. They're the only team with a real shot to take down the Dodgers. Plus, you've now got the family connection.

• not to mention a Jewish pitcher (Breslow)....

• DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I'd rather die.

You should root for the Sox this post-season, then. They're the only team with a real shot to take down the Dodgers. Plus, you've now got the family connection.

and then i could listen to the games on the radio.

in the car.

with the garage door closed.

vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I'd rather die.

and then i could listen to the games on the radio.

in the car.

with the garage door closed.

If it makes you feel any better, all three of my fantasy football teams are going the way of the Jays. Great expectations and much disappointment.

• Something to look at while giggling at the horrible short-term prospects for the Yankees and their cast of broken-down 7 figure geezers...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not one to get a little misty over baseball. But this was pretty touching.

• we gave Timmy a standing o coming off the mound in the 7th last night. he may not be back in orange in black ever again so it seemed fitting.

• Guzzo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Some sort of nightmarish alternate reality has emerged in the last 24 hrs: Giants record their first losing season in 5 yrs and the Dodgers win the NL West.

Its best to just let go of the past and live in the beautiful blue present

Be like Brian Wilson and join us. Acceptance is the only answer

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/brian-wilson-walks-across-field-confront-giants-ceo-090821512--mlb.html