Thicke, Pharrell, TI - Blurred Lines

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but do like this. Video is boring, except for the part where TI is brushing her hair.

Comments

• i retract my statement in the JT thread. this is PRECISELY the kind if place his album should have been.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I tapped out at the "You wanna hug me....what rhymes with hug me?" line....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I promise to walk right out of any bar/club where this is being played.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I love that video. Looks like they're all having a genuine good ol' time.

(I would've liked some curvier girls though instead of those skinny super model types.)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

I won't lie, Single Ladies had me out the door a few times. I went back in after though lol

Herm said:
    curvier girls though instead of those skinny super model types

It's almost weird to see. I saw Girls Girls Girls yesterday and thought, look how slender video girls were!

bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I won't lie, Single Ladies had me out the door a few times. I went back in after though lol

I just hate all of this music catered to wack chicks in order for them to feel sassy/funky/groovy for 4 minutes out of their otherwise tightwad days.

I really can't take seeing their contrived dance-itudes ever again.

Ummm...it's a Robin Thicke song. What exactly were you expecting?? Other than maybe "Shooter" his whole catalog caters to those type of chicks.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    love the face olg girl gives at 36 - 39.

pharrell has really gotten lazy with his interpolatin'. this is basically this:

sped up and casio-fied.

SIRUS said:

sped up and casio-fied.

Yooooo, I thought of the same track immediately upon the beat dropping. Is 'interpolatin' the new legal alternative to biting now a'days?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I just hate all of this music catered to wack chicks in order for them to feel sassy/funky/groovy for 4 minutes out of their otherwise tightwad days.

I really can't take seeing their contrived dance-itudes ever again.

This post is hating on dancing girls! Wound up tight is catching.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Terrible look. This looks like an outtake of a Target or Gap commercial.

Excellent demonstration of how painfully ugly the present trends are in women's shoes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JectWon said:
    SIRUS said:

sped up and casio-fied.

Yooooo, I thought of the same track immediately upon the beat dropping. Is 'interpolatin' the new legal alternative to biting now a'days?

Get Pussy

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    SIRUS said:

sped up and casio-fied.

Get Pussy

:oh_my:

Herm said:
    Ummm...it's a Robin Thicke song. What exactly were you expecting?? Other than maybe "Shooter" his whole catalog caters to those type of chicks.

I expect you to play Captain Save a Ho, that's for certain.

HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Oh no, are you in distress?! Hold tight while I grab my cape!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I don't think I've ever heard a song that would make me leave a place. You guys are serious with this shit. A braying donkey cranked up to 11...I'll leave, but not a pop song like this.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Oh no, are you in distress?! Hold tight while I grab my cape!

Teach me how to Dougie.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    I don't think I've ever heard a song that would make me leave a place. You guys are serious with this shit. A braying donkey cranked up to 11...I'll leave, but not a pop song like this.

Yeah maybe I'm just too old to feel like hating... but I'm not mad at this song. lol

anything that gets women up and dancing related

Controller_7 said:

I am serious about my good time. :cool:
    And Beyonce yelling about a man making her, taking her and delivering her to her destiny is akin to a braying donkey imo.

bassie said:
    Controller_7 said:

I am serious about my good time. :cool:
    And Beyonce yelling about a man making her, taking her and delivering her to her destiny is akin to a braying donkey imo.

So do you just wait outside by the door and *kinda* listen 'til it's done? Or do you ask people coming out what song is playing before you go back in? Or do you go for a brief 3-4 minute walk down the street then return with your fingers crossed hoping the DJ's not playing another song you don't like?

All of the above. Sometimes, I go into a bathroom stall and cry.

bassie said:
    All of the above. Sometimes, I go into a bathroom stall and cry.

Ha!

No joke, I thought you guys were just being smart asses about leaving the club. That's kinda crazy to me. Depending on the spot the DJ could be into the next song before you actually make it outside!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    SIRUS said:

sped up and casio-fied.

Get Pussy

I won't just leave. I'll never go back to that same club again.

No more playing complicit apologist to this wack bs. I can easily find cooler music and cooler people elsewhere.

I mean, I don't need to dance with sharks under my feet either...

Shit has gotten way out of control.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    bassie said:

WTFusk

shameless preemptive strike.

new trend? we'll sue you before you can sue us!