Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    im pretty informed on the situation

REVEALED

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    you out in germany? i thought you were a uk bro.

no doubt no one wants to help out zee russians but it's a tough situation regardless. will be very interesting to hear who pulled money last week before all this

Me? UK originally, of course, but I've been out here for nearly two years now. Being a "foreigner" is...interesting.
    ah ok. definitely an interesting time to be living there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

REVEALED
    i'm not sure who that is but im sure this is some sort of snark. i thought saying i was informed on the situation was a bit more polite than saying i didn't need a recap on the situation. geez, i try to be polite for once

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Me? UK originally, of course, but I've been out here for nearly two years now. Being a "foreigner" is...interesting.

being a brit in Germany is really only half-foreigner, isn't it? I went to Vienna once and I think people thought my wife and I were turkish because we're both dark-haired and I have a beard and we spoke a language they didn't understand. One night we had to go to 4 different restaurants before we could find one that would serve us. All we wanted was some wienerschnitzel.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    "my wife...

wanted some wienerschnitzel.

::oh my::

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

REVEALED
    i'm not sure who that is but im sure this is some sort of snark. i thought saying i was informed on the situation was a bit more polite than saying i didn't need a recap on the situation. geez, i try to be polite for once

Sounds like you need to get your FTSE 100 knowledge in check. Though I'd still take it as an insult anyway.

B/w Totally unrelated to this (or is it?) but in connection to previous conversations in this thread have just got Linked In to the one and only Rhythm of Lifer James Mason thanks to a random email chat with the man many moons ago. Can feel the power of my connections growing exponentially.

PatrickCrazy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

REVEALED

Just kidding, kiddo. I was jokingly implying your inner-knowledge was because you were actually a Cypriot - perhaps, even the one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelios_Haji-Ioannou ....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

This dude seems to have an angle on every conspiracy out there. Which ones could be true?

Probably not just a Brit thing, but James Herbert R.I.P.

Essential and formative teenage reading.

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Probably not just a Brit thing, but James Herbert R.I.P.
    Essential and formative teenage reading.
    Very sad news. RIP.

Read all his horror books as a kid. Loved them and those Pan Horror Short Stories ones.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Still feel vaguely horrified by The Fog, even after 30 years. Especially the teacher & kids bit. Oi vey.

Not only were they scary, but there was always a sex scene in Herbert's stories. 12 yr-old me wasn't getting no online pron back then.
    :oh_my:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Not only were they scary, but there was always a sex scene in Herbert's stories. 12 yr-old me wasn't getting no online pron back then.

'Secret softness'. 'Moist forest'. 'Velvet wetness.'

RIP.

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Peter Craig catalogue. Formative lingerie pages. Delivered twice a year. Internet killed the pron fairy- related.

Pan Book of Horror covers. No velvet moistness here.
    http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2011/10/the-pan-book-of-horror-series.html

• why it wasn't filmed in ireland

"Grand, grand grand. Grand so. Bye. Bye bye bye bye."

b/w

"Bleedin' whhhhaaaaaa?"

b/w

" 'starry bud?"

ALL WITH SOUNDTRACK "WICHITA LINEMAN" - Dublin Taxi Rides I Have Taken

J i m s t e r said:

In truth, she jumped the shark a good few months back, if not years.

My love was hollow, untrue, contingent upon retention of freshness, incompatible with fakery, no respecter of the scalpel; in short, lady turned from minge to ming in short order.

WMsheC

Whilst not being a telly addict, I've noticed some mentionable telly totty of late. The other bird in New Girl, and the new Doctor Who assistant.

WOOD.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    meanwhile, in Bolivia:

• Not sure if you've had the pleasure of a completely unprepared Boris Johnson squirming on Sunday morning's interview. The stand in interviewer couldn't have tried harder to make a name for himself.

tigerloop said:

I want to be involved in a hate campaign against Littlejohn, but isn't that what he'd do?

SP 1200 said:
    Not sure if you've had the pleasure of a completely unprepared Boris Johnson squirming on Sunday morning's interview. The stand in interviewer couldn't have tried harder to make a name for himself.

His approach to teflon is novel - bumbling - and that seems to be the source of his popularity.

My favourite news headline: the latest Russian-in-exile to spill his beans. Were they spilled for him? Litvenyenko movie rights part deux.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Of course, the shapely new conk she'll have when she comes out of hospital will simply be a lucky side benefit of her unfortunate tumble, and not - as some cynics will suggest - the sole motive behind her "accident" in the first place...

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    "I fell down the stairs, now my face looks different!"

Looking forward to BoJo doc tonight. Not sure any of it will stick, but great to see him grind to a halt.

• Duderonomy said:
    tigerloop said:

I want to be involved in a hate campaign against Littlejohn, but isn't that what he'd do?

>

oh most def but i just cant stand that paper i think they deserve what they get

Best sports pages bar none.
    And Jonathan Cainer is the, THE astrologer.

Fuck the prejudices of EVERY paper.
    But don't front on the good bits; they all have something good, y'know?

Can anyone here explain the Bedroom Tax for a numpty (me), so I can explain it to an even bigger numpty (my landlord) if necessary?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Can anyone here explain the Bedroom Tax for a numpty (me), so I can explain it to an even bigger numpty (my landlord) if necessary?

Someone insisted on explaining this to me the other day - this is what I remember: If you're claiming housing benefit for a property with one unused bedroom your housing benefit would drop by 14%. If you have two or more unused rooms you'll lose up to 25%. Not sure it affects your landlord much unless he's the one claiming and subletting to you and your housemates. There is some subtle change to the tax status of rent from lodgers (as opposed to tenants) but I think I'd stopped listening by that point. Which is a shame because that's the only bit I really needed to know about.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    That Fantasy League is looking like a three horse race, might have to put some drastic transfers/captain choices in effect.

Also please to check out me and my homies adventures in bass purity/blazin uptempo.