TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

:oh_snap:

FFS, look at this move:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Not so good in between the sticks right now.

DuttyBabylon said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    blowing all the valves

Any guitar amp techies here? Concerned I'll get shafted on a repair/replace quote.. Any advice appreciated, rough diagnosis, approx cost & best place to go....

Where are you based? I know a few session players who may be happy to share the odd trade secret.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

FFS, look at this move:
    >

I'd like to see him try that against Huth and Shawcross on a cold January night at the Britannia

::wink::

• DocMcCoy said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    blowing all the valves

Any guitar amp techies here? Concerned I'll get shafted on a repair/replace quote.. Any advice appreciated, rough diagnosis, approx cost & best place to go....

Where are you based? I know a few session players who may be happy to share the odd trade secret.

Gipsy Hill London SE27.. Thanks very much, any advice or help would be great...

• DocMcCoy said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    blowing all the valves

DuttyBabylon said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    blowing all the valves

Gipsy Hill London SE27.. Thanks very much, any advice or help would be great...

I'm on it.

Dutty, try this Jon Dickinson fella.

http://www.dickinsonamps.com/en_GB/index

He's in Crystal Palace, fortuitously. Tell him that a mate of Perry from Pendulum (who describes him as "an amp genius") suggested you get in touch.

• Doc, that's really very much appreciated, thanks so much. Fixes may have to wait until the New Year now, the season of empty pockets fast approaches..

Again, wholehearted thanks..

Robbie Di Matteo given the boot already? WTF?
    Mate of mine says Corals were giving odds of 33-1 that he'd be the first Prem manager to go. As of full-time last night they'd stopped taking bets :balla:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    You could argue he rode his luck last season, and now he's looking mortal, but yeah, the decision is harsh. It's not like they are relegation fodder. At least they are still alive in Europe, unlike the other "Plastic team" who host Real tonight.

City still not cohesive enough to eat at the big table. It will come. It would have been all smiles if we could kill the game off by any means necessary when we were up at the Bernab??u with 3 mins left. Pfft.

Once more, Abramovich proves he wouldn't know a decent manager if he paid one $300m to murder a load of journalists, trades unionists and oil company bosses.

Chelsea are doing well in the league and playing good football. It's a different style to last season, and you can't help but wonder if the massive Drog shaped-hole up front is to blame. Torres for ??50 million isn't fit to lace Drogger's boots. Europe isn't easy, but they're no out yet - perhaps the reason Roman A. delayed on giving Di Matteo the position full time after the Champs league success was that he didn't want him in the first place.

Loyalty & stability don't seem to be in Roman's lexicon. Di Matteo 262 days. Villas-Boas 257 days. Scolari 244 days. Avram 1 year? Chelsea have now spent ??86m since 2004 in compensation for managers. That's more than Everton's entire net transfer spend since the Premier League began.

Bobby Manc is expected to build on last season, so I guess the league would be minimum, champs leaguequarters or semis to keep his job, big cup for a contract extension?

I don't think the Hay-Rabs are as bad as Roman. Let's get the "All money is tainted" argument over within these brackets [I agree]. Good.

They don't expect the CL in the space of 2 years. They are, for a start, primarily business people from a credible background, and not prone to hot-headed lashings out. They may chop the odd hand off but they sure weren't selling rubber ducks on a market stall as recently as the 90s.

I don't think Bobby is writing his own P45. It's a tough league and I think they realise as much. The days of romping away with it by Christmas are long gone. Top of the league and a zero in the L column isn't a bad return. He has tinkered, but then, there have been defensive injuries to mitigate. The only threat to him is if a better manager becomes available.

I am not sure about Guardiola being better. Mourinho, he's done it at different clubs in different leagues. With Pep, how hard can it be, with that squad?

Surely Guardiola doesn't want to be just another notch on Abramovich's bedpoast. John Terry for manager, in full kit, even in bed.

Bobby says he's not fearing his job despite failing to win last night. It can't have helped him when City brought in Cheeky Frankenstein from Barca the other week as a director of footballness or whatver, but I would prefer Bobberto to Pep.

Biggest prob for City is VK going off with a twisted knee. Chelsea and Manure coming up...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Sayin'.

naan sandwich

Speak on it.

nzshadow said:

Has to be photoshop, but I sooo want it to be real.

J i m s t e r said:

Biggest prob for City is VK going off with a twisted knee.

Ouch. Micah still out, leaves Kolo plus that inexperienced Italian CB?

So it was only Montpellier, but both of Arsenal's goals last night were nice. The Podolski volley!

[strike] [/strike]
    Taken down already.
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/golazo-lukas-podolski-arsenal-v-montpellier/

Mexes > Ibra goal? I preferred the Ibra.

J i m s t e r said:
    Sayin'.

naan sandwich

Speak on it.

It happened but was supremely tedious. A groundhog day.
    After that went straight to a Diwali party in the east end and somehow managed to hook up with a neurotic but pretty girl from Los Angeles, who I was somehow connected to via Kevin Baconesque career connection. Then it's been all go every night, culminating in crazy dance scenes at the Wine Tun on Thursday Soul night with my Jamaican connection, and ending up now getting ready to go to hers in about two hours for a bit of 'dat ting dere'.

Seriously, haven't had this much going on in my life since about aged 22. Feeling the strain doe.

nzshadow said:

I so need this on a tee.

J i m s t e r said:

Biggest prob for City is VK going off with a twisted knee.

This won't help much either:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kolo-toure-had-affair-with-student-by-pretending-1455570

:snake:

Married Premier League star Kolo Toure had a lengthy affair with a young model ??? after tricking her into believing he was a car salesman.

The Manchester City defender told pretty Kessel Kasuisyo his name was Francois and showered her with ??expensive gifts he claimed he bought with cash he made selling motors, she claims.

And in a desperate bid to keep his real identity secret, she says, the ??90,000-a -week star would sneak into her council flat wearing sunglasses with a baseball cap pulled over his face.

Smitten Toure, 31, kept up the astonishing facade for two years.

He married the mother of his two children during the alleged affair and even carried out a ??bizarre pretend proposal to ??Kessel, 22 ??? getting down one one knee to give her a ??1,000 diamond ring.

But the game was up for the Ivory Coast ??international ??? who portrays himself as a devoted family man ??? when one of his mistress???s pals recognised him.

She told Kessel to Google her car salesman boyfriend???s real name ??? and the shocked beauty found Toure???s wedding pictures online.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, ??Kessel says: ???I am devastated. On some of the wedding pictures he is crying but a few weeks before he was in my bed.

Duderonomy said:

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, ??Kessel says: ???I am devastated. On some of the wedding pictures he is crying but a few weeks before he was in my bed.

::Why must he cry::

Is there any more ludicrous sight in all of world football than that of Chelsea fans rushing to defend the "integrity" of their club?

Fucking. Thick. Bastards.

Not very good at spacing words out either.

Glad I didn't watch it. Clash of the Integrity Titans and all that.

Feel sorry for Rafa. The odds on him making it to next season must be very short. Was Di Matteo doing so badly that Chelsea wouldn't have made top 4? Is Rafa going to turn things around in the Champs League? Mourinho making noises about his reputation in Spain, well off the pace in November - would he go back to Chelsea? Drogba tired of China...

Why blame Rafa for taking a job many wouldn't touch?

Love Kolo's expression in that shower pic though. :lol:

Looks like he's got his ya-yas out

(appalling anachronisms on tour-R)

Duderonomy said:
    Feel sorry for Rafa. The odds on him making it to next season must be very short. Was Di Matteo doing so badly that Chelsea wouldn't have made top 4? Is Rafa going to turn things around in the Champs League? Mourinho making noises about his reputation in Spain, well off the pace in November - would he go back to Chelsea? Drogba tired of China...

Why blame Rafa for taking a job many wouldn't touch?

Of course the odds on Rafa making it to next season are short. The odds on the next guy making it to the end of the season after that are short as well. As Danny Baker put it on Twitter last week, all Chelsea managers are interim managers. Never mind Guardiola, it's ludicrous to imagine anyone else risking their reputation by going there under any circumstances. If Pep takes the job, then it'll be because Abramovich has made him the highest paid coach in the history of football. And when that happens, there'll be a long line of players' agents demanding to know why the manager's on better wages than their clients, and what does he propose to do about it, etc, etc.

I was beginning to feel some sympathy for Chelsea fans before yesterday, saddled as they are with a ridiculous character like Abramovich who uses the club as a money-laundering operation whilst acting like the manager of a band who sacks all the members whenever their album doesn't go to number 1. Then I saw the banners yesterday, and I thought, "Nope, you're every bit as ridiculous as he is." They raised the bar for the stereotype of the idiotic football fan by quite a bit yesterday. They're genuinely too stupid to realise that Rafa represents their only serious hope of getting into the CL next season.

Elsewhere yesterday, I spent far too long reading some comical guff from people trying to argue that Redknapp was a better manager (and would have been a better choice for Chelsea) than Benitez on the basis of his dealings in the transfer market. Never mind that Rafa won just about everything there was to win at LFC apart from the Prem - a top five finish with Spurs, an FA Cup with Portsmouth and buying & selling Peter Crouch with five different clubs (expect to see him in a QPR shirt within a year, btw) is the true mark of a great manager. I fucking despair.

I thought Harry was a dead cert - owner and manager skilled in the art of bank accounts existing in the ether, in the names of dogs. Perhaps Rafa got an offer he couldn't refuse/horses head in the bed. I suspect it will take some pretty big sticks or carrots to land Pep.

At least Torres might get a confidence boost from working for the old boss.