TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I was beginning to feel some sympathy for Chelsea fans before yesterday, saddled as they are with a ridiculous character like Abramovich who uses the club as a money-laundering operation whilst acting like the manager of a band who sacks all the members whenever their album doesn't go to number 1. Then I saw the banners yesterday, and I thought, "Nope, you're every bit as ridiculous as he is." They raised the bar for the stereotype of the idiotic football fan by quite a bit yesterday.

Basically this.

The whole affair this week reminded me of the Jack Nicholas/A Few Good Men quote:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom trophies I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it!

Sorry CFC fans, you are OWNED by Abramovich whether you like it or not. Deride the man, and he can take his ball and go home. At which point in time your club would survive on a few seasons before enduring reprocutions that would make Leeds and Portsmouth blush.

His methods may drive you insane, but he has a cabinet full of trophies that no one is asking he take back.

You made a deal with the Devil and now you have to live with it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Saying.

His strategy has been very successful.
    Who's to gainsay it now?

A few Johnny come latelies, that's who, talking of which, where were ya back in the days when I'd venture Shedward on a wet Wednesday night for league matches vs Mansfield with the one Speedie 'up top'.
    Nah, nowhere.

So stfu.

::wink::

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sad stuff. Shit like this doesn't help.

In all seriousness. Fuck Geoff Shreeves.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    LULZ at the one BARTON with his pidgin Scouse/French accent.

He's nearly there, just needs to swap the English words for French ones.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I would argue that Chelsea have succeeded in spite of Abramovich's methods, rather than because of them. Wisdom dictates that if you throw enough money at something, you're sure to have at least some success. Abramovich obviously believes that, with the amount of money he's thrown around, Chelsea should be winning everything. In a sense he's right, they should be. Except, as we all know, it doesn't work like that.

Rafa will get them into the CL, and they'll probably win their fourth FA Cup (under as many different managers) in five seasons. Even if they win the league, it won't make a blind bit of difference - the moment Abramovich gets bored, Rafa'll be gone. Trouble is, eventually Chelsea will need to rebuild that squad, and they'll need to give a manager at least two, probably three seasons to do it. And they won't be able to get anyone. And then the fun will really start.

It will be like when City had shit owners and kept offing the next poor schmuck.

But with money.

This is why I don't subscribe to this whole "buying the title" thing. Of course, I know that people don't mean it literally, but surely if it's possible to buy the title, then the club with the most money would be able to buy the title every season. But they can't, can they?

In the years before the Prem, nobody attempted more aggressively to "buy" the title than United, and they failed year after year. It was only when they stopped trying that they finally succeeded. Comparatively speaking, they were almost as wealthy as Chelsea are now, in a league that was only slightly more competitive.

DocMcCoy said:
    This is why I don't subscribe to this whole "buying the title" thing.

Even with all the money in the world, you still can only buy what's for sale. The best players Chelsea signed were Makelele and Drogba. I think the best signings for City has been Tevez, with Aguero just behind. I think Chelsea have a better back 4 at the mo, but need a goal scorer. City and Chelsea are missing a Messi or a CR7, that would make them convincing in Europe. Good luck with that.

The rarity of those kind of players means it'll never be as simple as a cheque-book dick-waving exercise. And neither of Messi or CR7 contested the CL final... So no guarantees, even with "The Best Side Ever".

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

shameful shit.

• so? would ya?

Yes. I would have sex with Edmund Blackadder.

Who are these broads?
    Would we blap?

I believe we would.

• skel said:
    Who are these broads?
    Would we blap?

I believe we would.

that's rowan atkinson's daughter Lily. not quite what i expected to see.

DOR said:
    Yes. I would have sex with Edmund Blackadder.

If they cast a shadow, yes.

Actually, scratch that.

I would also do vampires.

She is surprisingly hot. And even if she wasn't, you'd want to be able to say you had, right?

• Will Cliff Richard survive the Jimmy Saville inquiries??

@ Skel

Stick it in the spank bank, St*ve. Next time the Naan Sandwich is happening, cue it up.

DAMBUSTERS!

Goddamn.

And guess what, L*o?
    I can legitimately use the disabled toilet these days!

::getmylevel::

Naan Sandwich in the disabled or it didn't happen.

I nixed them after round 2.
    Too depressing.
    Focussing on Jamaica tonight .Back a Yard.

Stuart Hall FTW

Max Clifford WTF

skel said:

I can legitimately use the disabled toilet these days!

It's not the same if you take the danger out of it ;-)

Every time a 40+ year old male celeb/politician is mentioned in the news now I'm expecting it to be paedo related.

Meanwhile if Murdoch had been properly dealt with, papers wouldn't need a governing body as they would govern themselves to survive.

Plus Osborne's budget... wtf wtf wtf.

"My name's Becky"
    "My name's Becky"

:lol:

No Manchester shit talk?

RIP Patrick Moore

B/w there is a whiff of young boy scandal from bitd about dude ( friend on some rhktd-R stuff from Teh 70s)

Never heard anything about the man's sexual preferences, but Patrick Moore's politics were fairly disgusting. Not your garden variety right-winger, more the frothing, crypto-fascist lunatic fringe type, and not something he made a secret of either. Obviously the position he occupied within his profession was significant enough for most people to overlook this aspect of his character and indulge his "Great English Eccentric" tendencies. I used to love him when I was a kid and never again felt the same about him once I discovered what a nasty old bigot he was. For someone who must have understood more than most our utter irrelevance in the grand scheme of the universe, it's a bit bizarre to think of him devoting so much of his energy to those kinds of petty prejudices.

Was I the only one who thought, "Hahaha, soft cunt's hit himself in the eye...oh..."?

I was too busy trying to catch the actual point of impact that I didn't notice how the coins are proper raining down. It's a wonder Ferdinand was the only one who got hit.