Speaking of epic dives

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Oh dear...

:lol:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    magpaul said:
    Speaking of epic dives

Glass half-empty guy, then? ;)

What was the outcome of that particular display of balletic magnificence, by the way? I didn't see the game, but when I got in last night, my Facebook feed was swamped by Chelsea fans of my acquaintance, furiously pissing and moaning about perceived injustices.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I didn't see it either (draw-the-curtains-R) but IIRC the Torrid One was dismissed for a 2nd yellow, awarded for diving.

As Chelsea had already lost Branislav Ivanovic for an indisputable straight-red tackle, it made it, well, not much of a contest any more.

City still there despite sucking donkey ballz. Concentrating on the league now

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It was an epic contest. The linesman had a tougher job trying to see the offside for Hernandez then the incorrect Suarez one. I'll give Chelsea credit for coming back from 2-0 down but the Ivanovic red card was the turning point, United galvanised by blowing their lead were already coming back into the game.

Torres is struggling to recapture his performance against United for Liverpool all those years ago, what with missing an open goal and now getting sent off for diving.

Also, the theory about Clattenberg being banned from reffing Man Ure after the 6-1 has evolved into him owing Fergie a performance, classic.

Kind of underlines my comment about the integrity of Premiership referees, really. You can now kick an opposition striker - especially a foreign striker - all over the park all afternoon and there's a very strong likelihood you'll get away with it. If that striker goes to ground, however, then in most circumstances he can expect a card. Certainly, there appears to be a standing assumption amongst officials that whenever a striker does go to ground, he's invariably diving.

De Gea had a decent game by all accounts:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    magpaul said:
    Speaking of epic dives

there was contact nad he went down
    maybe slightly to easily but everyone agreed it was a foul
    it's one thing to tell the player to get up and make him lose advantage
    to call a second yellow on an innocuous ''dive''
    it has to be of 'autogolpe'' proportions

• Maybe it was the fact that he rolled over clutching just below his knee when there was no contact on that area at all.

• Maybe it was the fact that he rolled over clutching just below his knee when there was no contact on that area at all.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    whats the over/under on video replay you think? seems like 24hr punditry makes it look like FIFA/UEFA etc are going the way of dinosaurs if they don't really start to look at video replay.

me thinks some schitt like 'eagle eye' is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

FYI, here in the USA USA USA, this video below shows the type of calls that get pulled back when video replay is instilled in the psyche of the audience. Game winning TD....no good. And on the cool, no one was even really mad at the call....just chalked it up to bad luck.

his fingertips touched out of bounds first (or concurrently) with his hand...thus out of bounds.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    In the UK we have video refs in Rugby, which like Hand-egg has a fair amount of stopping and starting and calls that lend themselves well to video. They've become an added element of 'excitement' to the game.

As I'm sure you're all aware, video refs in football are a much trickier prospect. Unfortunately I don't think that any of the ruling bodies have either the creativity or motivation to make it happen. They're almost entirely run by ageing white dudes who come from a completely different era of the game, the idea of bringing technology into football refereeing is alien to them. Plus their prime motivation is keeping the money coming in. Implementing what would be one of the biggest changes to the game's rules in their lifetime would cost money, and not generate any new revenue. Much easier to just keep ignoring the moans of injustice from fans or players. After all it all just stokes the pot up and gives the press something to talk about.

TLDR; The governing bodies are a bunch of spineless shills, who are only interested in representing the money invested in 'the game' and don't care what the fans think.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Torres is back in fine form!

• pcmr said:
    diving after the first goal in front of the bench was hilarious.

props to Moyes have to given.... amazing wkend of football for the impartial fan..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Still on Suarez. But damn that was a fine goal. No idea how he controlled that ball so well coming in from 60-65 feet.

Crazy

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    He makes shit happen in every game. Entertaining dude.

But enough of football.
    Check my new bay list, moddun fans.
    Seller: kellst

::

Come on dudes.

There's 18 modern soul 45s
    70 bids.
    Total 180 watchers.
    And still only ??93 pledged?

GTFOOHWTBS

Three way tie for the most watched:
    Bill Harris
    Rideout
    Aged In Harmony

Close behind:
    We The People
    Larry Wu

Url for the "ms-forum" or your (sic) soft.

• Oops

GatorToof said:
    Oops

Nah. As a carrot for the auctions.

J i m s t e r said:

Ha. All done via pm, I went on the boards but quickly realised my poasting style got no love from the predominantly matronly populace there.
    They spend all day consoling each other over their health woes.
    And doing this:
    ((((((((hugs))))))))

• J i m s t e r said:
    GatorToof said:
    Oops

Nah. As a carrot for the auctions.

Pardon me.

skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Ha. All done via pm, I went on the boards but quickly realised my poasting style got no love from the predominantly matronly populace there.
    And doing this:
    ((((((((hugs))))))))

Wow.

It's like a real-life version of the support groups in "Fight Club", but better - the Meat-Loaf-with-breasts man-hugs are virtual, and the sex is real.

Keep it going, son.

J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

And doing this:
    ((((((((hugs))))))))

Wow.

It's like a real-life version of the support groups in "Fight Club", but better - the Meat-Loaf-with-breasts man-hugs are virtual, and the sex is real.

Keep it going, son.

Not having read this I just said something similar in the kick-out-of-bed thread. Got to admire the way Skel is playing the cards he's been dealt.
    And I can't bid on no auctions as the bird I'd been seeing cleaned-me-the-fuck-out! Was fun, but damn... how come this never happens to girls?

Duderonomy said:

playing the cards he's been dealt.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

Glib crap from a 'Shit Happens' book, but true.

And I can't bid on no auctions as the bird I'd been seeing cleaned-me-the-fuck-out! Was fun, but damn... how come this never happens to girls?

Shit L*o, how the fuck did that happen? Say you didnt lend her money...

When this MS stuff came to light, I had some deep chats with trusted mentor types. One came at me with the 10 things to do before you die stuff, and I realised the usual things like travel, bungee jumps over the Grand Canyon and the like do not float my boat.

So after a quick brainstorm, I settled on making an album, and completing a mad blap list as far as possible.

All done with the best of intentions.

blap list

"2 x Disabled Indian Bisexual Girls"

So predictable.

Srs doe, perhaps my boy Da*e at Abbey Road can help you wiv da album? I can drop bass for free.

Cheers jim, might take you up on that though I suspect it will be years in the planning.

Here's some blap list targets:
    Dwarf
    Conjoined Siamese twins
    Celebrity
    Pink-eyed albino

I might need a steer on some of these. Help a dude out FFS.

Apropos of nothing...

http://mixoftheweek.com/mixes/motw284.html

Bagarre: For Your Pleasure (Sauvage Musique)
    Tom Tom Club: Don't Say No (Fontana)
    Patti Smith: Kimberly (Arista)
    Television: Marquee Moon (Elektra)
    Bauhaus: Kick In The Eye (Beggars Banquet)
    Roxy Music: Love Is The Drug (Greg Wilson Edit) (Tirk)
    Talking Heads: Perfect World (EMI)
    Naked Eyes: Promises, Promises (Extended) (EMI)
    Pigbag: Hit The "O" Deck (Extended) (Y Records)
    Cristina: Blame It On Disco (Music Response)
    Omni: Out Of My Hands (Love's Taken Over) (Fountain)
    D. C. LaRue: Cathedrals (Pyramid)
    Wings: Goodnight Tonight (Columbia)
    Bebe Buell: The Little Black Egg (Rhino)
    Fun Boy Three: Our Lips Are Sealed (Remix) (Chrysalis)
    Yellow Magic Orchestra: Cue (A&M)
    Psychedelic Furs: The Ghost In You (CBS)
    XX: Islands (Young Turks)
    Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark: Almost (DinDisc)
    New Musik: 24 Hours From Culture (GTO)

At lot of this could be hipster from 2014.

You laugh now, ...

skel said:

Shit L*o, how the fuck did that happen? Say you didnt lend her money...

Nah, I haven't played the dating game in years, and found myself picking up the tab for everything. All the time. This wouldn't have annoyed me if it wasn't for the fact that she turned out to be a bit of a nutter, and decided to give me an out-of-the-blue broken-heart speech after I'd called it a day, which left me feeling like I was being played and actualy made the right decision. But there's always a bit of regret.
    On the positive, she was stupidly hot - is there a correlation between this and insane man-issues?

Drunk landlord has decided he doesn't want to live with the other alcoholic house-mate, and is going to kick him out. Which would be good for the house, and might give landlord a chance to dry-out himself, so the house is very slowly civilising itself. I'm hoping he gets somebody in who has a job, and then I won't be the only person who buys toilet roll, milk, lightbulbs, bin-liners, washing up liquids & washing powder etc etc.
    Things are looking up I guess. Any of you guys contemplating a mix for this Strut thing?

There's something genuinely quite sad about that Suarez gif. Clearly a man more highly-regarded on the Kop than in the dressing room. I'm getting definite Pierre van Hooijdonk vibes off that little scene.