Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    LaserWolf said:
    I also voted for more marijuana.

How strict are police on the California/Oregon border

b/w

Talmbout a roadtrip here!

One thing the feds are looking for, and local law helps with, is people "legally" growing medical pot here, then driving it across the country. Story in the paper today about a local guy who is going to jail after his pot was found in a car in Texas.

b/w

Give me a call when you get here.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    My hope is to go to bed early tomorrow night.

If it is clear early that Obama has the expected states (NH, PA, VA) plus NC and looking good in FL I can go to bed before 10pm (PST).
    If I have to stay awake for OH, and if OH is too close to call, it will be a long night.

My other hope is that Obama will get clear wins in NC and FL and Ohio wont matter.

I'm planning on staying up for a bit, myself. Drink some tawny port, eat some gorgonzola, prosciutto, marcona almonds, etc.

Party like a 1%, but ride with the 47%.

Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

And to portray it as the smart versus the dumb is about as ignorant of an analysis as it gets.

x 1,000,000

I also agree with this. I know plenty of highly intelligent people that are voting for Romney.

HarveyCanal said:

For one, NDAA is sinister as fuck. And Obama bold faced lied about it too.

Since when has lying been an issue to you? You're a Ron Paul disciple. He lies all the time.

• I just saw the clip of Clinton talking about Romney's dishonesty. That was comical.

• Voter suppression is not the same thing as fraud. I agree that voter suppression efforts this election cycle have been bad. The upside of it though is that voters react poorly to making it harder to vote and that does not bode well for the Republicans. And there has been some very hard push back on the various policies and laws that have attempted to suppress the vote via the courts and referendums in some cases.

Again, because we have 50 different states deciding how they are voting its hard to keep up with all the changes that have occurred. And on the other hand the Republicans face a dwindling demographic that something will have to give if they want to survive. At some point they are not going to be able to redistrict, suppress, and disenfranchise their way to victory.

SmallAxeRick said:
    I just saw the clip of Clinton talking about Romney's dishonesty. That was comical.

Yeah, Clinton lied about his sex life. Romney lies about everything but. The comedy is thinking they are the same.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if obama wins they're going to dump my catered lunch at work so please vote for romney so i don't starve to death plz

Locally, I'm hoping for the passage of I-502 (legalize marijuana for those 21 and over).

• Bon Vivant said:
    Locally, I'm hoping for the passage of I-502 (legalize marijuana for those 21 and over).

Unfortunately, here in Oregon I don't think Measure 80 will pass. I-502 is a much better written law than ours. Colorado's Amendment 64 looks like it will pass.

Saracenus said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Unfortunately, here in Oregon I don't think Measure 80 will pass. I-502 is a much better written law than ours. Colorado's Amendment 64 looks like it will pass.

Hop over the border, mang!

2nd term double.

Thymebomb13 said:

Here in MA Elizabeth Warren has dispatched the idiot Scott Brown and retaken the Ted Kennedy seat for the good guys.

I really did not like that guy. Glad he's gone.

• Welp, Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock are out as US Senators (I guess commenting on the providence of rape is another 3rd rail in American politics). Unless the Dems magically loose a Senate race on the West Coast they maintain their control of the Senate. Now its a question of how many votes they will control (Right now they have 51 seats with the help of 2 independents Bernie Sanders (VT) and Angus King (ME)).

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Fuck Romney! A man who believed in nothing other than he wanted to be president.

Fox just said Obama won because "only 72% of white Americans voted." Yeah, that's so low. Fuck you Fox!

• Now its all about the Ganja vote in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. I am expecting quite the migration from the Strut if one or more of these states fully legalize pot for private and commercial production.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [quote author="Thymebomb13" date=1352279845

The Rockadelic focus group missed this one.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    @ChelseaVPeretti
    Tough day for rapists.

It's 6 in the morning here and I'm loving this shit. Congrats!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Fuck Romney! A man who believed in nothing other than he wanted to be president.

Fox just said Obama won because "only 72% of white Americans voted." Yeah, that's so low. Fuck you Fox!

EVERYTHING THIS.

Live from Fox News:

EAT A DICK MOTHERBITCHES

• it looks like Mitt might win the popular vote...must sting all that much more.

Abolishing the electoral college will be the number one topic on Fox news for the next four years...

• This was not close.

Obama will win popular vote, but that shit is a smoke screen- these campaigns are designed to win the electoral college. The GOP wins the south 75% to 25%, with the the Dems taking CA and NY solidly (but with a smaller pct). If they wanted to rack up votes, these guys could, but it means nothing more than some hollow BS about 'mandates'.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

• Romney has officially conceded the race just now. Its now over. Waiting for Obama's acceptance speech.

• A lot of puckered assholes loosened WORLDWIDE. A testament to your fair country. Congrats.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thank fuck for that.

• "The spirit which has triumphed over war and oppression"

^^This

• The 4 horsemen of crazy in the house of reps are are no more... well just the 1 or 2 horsemen are left...

Winner:
    Rep. Steven King (Iowa) - Heeeeeeeees back!

Losers:
    Rep. Allen West (Florida) - lost in a squeaker.
    Rep. Joel Walsh (Illinois) - lost to a woman war hero, couldn't happen to a nastier guy.

Toss-up:
    Rep. Michele Bachmann - Still too close to call.

The Republicans still control the House of Representatives but some of the Tea Party stars are gone. Good riddance.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol @ this thread title and the OP.

what up Soul Strut.

glad to see Barry's coming back. watching his speech right now, 2am on the east coast and the future looks good.

Endless flight.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    nate silver fuckin killed it