Kool Kieth on a Dodge Commercial.

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Sounds like he wrote the rhyme for Dodge. anyone else see this?

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    no...... someone please tivo.

• I seen this. Yes I think that's Keith.

OK so is this the list now?

MC Lyte - Gap
    Eric B and Rakim - Gatorade?
    Black Sheep - Kmart?
    Mixalot - Target
    Kool Keith - Dodge

Not hating on those guys getting some extra dough , but Jesus, this is getting downright weird by now. Who's next?

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    I thought it was someone biting Kool Keith's style.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I seen this. Yes I think that's Keith.

OK so is this the list now?

MC Lyte - Gap
    Black Sheep - Kmart?
    Mixalot - Target
    Kool Keith - Dodge

Not hating on those guys getting some extra dough , but Jesus, this is getting downright weird by now. Who's next?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Meth and Red did a deodorant commercial.

- J

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this is kinda different than the others though... Kieth WROTE the lyrics specifically for Dodge. All the other cases were people getting their songs liceseced for the commercials.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I thought I saw Mos Def on a car commercial as well. Can I get a second on that?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

and Rakim did something for GoldteethUSA.com

he looks like they drugged him or sumthing..

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this is kinda different than the others though... Kieth WROTE the lyrics specifically for Dodge. All the other cases were people getting their songs liceseced for the commercials.

like that sprite ad with johnny rotten singing... funny...

ah, good for keith, that dude hasn't had anything to talk about on his records for like 5 years, this should give him material for at least 3 albums:

"you rappers are sitting broke at the bus stop with a busted down hyundai in your garage, while i'm getting paid 100,000 by Dodge."

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

and Rakim did something for GoldteethUSA.com

he looks like they drugged him or sumthing..

• uh every st ides commercial ever

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ah, good for keith, that dude hasn't had anything to talk about on his records for like 5 years, this should give him material for at least 3 albums:

"you rappers are sitting broke at the bus stop with a busted down hyundai in your garage, while i'm getting paid 100,000 by Dodge."

LOL!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I noticed the Often SS jocked Diplo has a Hummer H3 commercial last night.

• A little off-topic...

But anyone ever see that William S. Burroughs Nike commercial?

That was some unlikely shit right there...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    blasphemy

• stingerstinger 13 Posts
    Civ on a nissan commercial the other day.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

i was actually gonna make a post about that. I kept seeing those commercials and thinking, damn this is good music, why are talented people doing this? I mean Honda is cool but Hummer??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

i was actually gonna make a post about that. I kept seeing those commercials and thinking, damn this is good music, why are talented people doing this? I mean Honda is cool but Hummer??
    i think they probably gave him some money or something so he let them use his music in a commercial.

• I noticed the Often SS jocked Diplo has a Hummer H3 commercial last night.

Dude are you kidding? These days, thats the best way for an artist who hasn't hit it big to make money. License that shit and collect royalties everytime they play your song in a commercial. Passive income, now that's where it's at! Yeah it might be considered "selling out" but I can't hate on it when it's allowing artists to make a career out of their passion.

• uh every sprite commercial ever

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Dude are you kidding? These days, thats the best way for an artist who hasn't hit it big to make money. License that shit and collect royalties everytime they play your song in a commercial. Passive income, now that's where it's at! Yeah it might be considered "selling out" but I can't hate on it when it's allowing artists to make a career out of their passion.

I totally agree...However the track Hummer used is a straight up looped sample with drums laced under it. Anybody (industry folks) know how that works as far as royalties?...cuz I am pretty sure that sample wasn't cleared at least not before the Hummer add. And once the owner of the sample rights finds out that ish is being given to a commercial...cant they just rape you on it?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    kind of off topic....

what about g. love and coca-cola?

• 'bout time he get paid for something