Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    $148?

Man's 'avin' a bubble, surely.

I like their trumpeting of being

the only company that still manufactures athletic shoes in the USA.

Wow. That could really read as you saying your stuff isn't mass produced in China like everyone else.

One out of every four pair of shoes we sell in the U.S. is made or assembled here.

So 75% of your stock is made in China.

Where the domestic value is at least 70% we have labeled them "Made in the USA"

That value could be US labor rates, alone. The parts could all be Chinese. So 30% of the cost of the US stuff is actually foreign.

So, really...

'MERICA. THAT IS WHY $148 DOLLAR, BATCHES.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    So 75% of your stock is made in China.

I'm not sure of your point?

New Balance would probably like to produce all their shoes in the USA. But then all their stock would cost $120+ and most consumers would balk at the price. So they're forced to mainly produce $65 Chinese-made product to avoid losing a ton of market share and becoming a boutique brand.

I appreciate that they're the only company producing domestically-made athletic shoes, and they've done cool collaborations with J Crew and the Ball & Buck listed above.

Supporting American-made products is easier to do with your voice than your wallet. I struggle with making that choice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Now that the Boat shoe is pretty ubiquitous by now I havent seen anyone bring back the LL Bean Blucher Moc.

I used to rock them hard in High School. And I still own them. Too small now.

• I'm a classics dude.

please ID?

edulus said:

i like these but those bastards dont make size 13.

• I had to abandon the Adidas Sambas I've been wearing forever because they messed them up with a pointless redesign.

Trying these now:

• Got these in a worn dark grey colour a while ago and I'm waiting for an occasion to wear them. Can't seem to find pic of the grey ones.

And I got these IPath on the cheap... they look better IRL then in this pic - less "rough" edges on the seams in my pair. Good fall/winter kicks.

My favourite shoes to wear around right now are these Clae Romare Lo's. Super comfortable. I have another pair of Clae hitops and I like them a lot as well.

• when did it get cool to fold up the cuffs of your pants?
    man im definitely outta the loop.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    oldnewsoul said:
    I'm a classics dude.

please ID?

They are "Desert Weavers" by Clarks of "Wallabees" fame.

Kindly,
    parallax

BallzDeep said:
    when did it get cool to fold up the cuffs of your pants?
    man im definitely outta the loop.

The look is known as "Mankles".

Looks good on a couple of girls at work, would be a grave mistake for me.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Got these last month:

On sale for 30, couldn't resist:

Got these last month:

]

Nice Green

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Latest purchase:

• How come it's so hard to find a pair of wallabee runs? Are they UK only?

• addressing austrian parliament in over the top jeremy scott's.

Copped these this week and rocked them today.

Stussy X Nike....

• My finger keeps hovering over the trigger on these. I need to just preorder them before my size sells out.

P.S. I tried to post these from 4 different websites and I kept getting a warning that said "blacklisted item." WTF?!?

Sh*tty weather has made me step up my waterproof game. Nike Conqueror and Inov-8 Terrafly 343 Gore-Tex?? Trail Running Shoes. I am using the latter on the mtb and for work, the Nikes have really impressed because they look as comfy as a tank but feel like a Merc S-Class when on.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I picked these up:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    These are my snowboard boots:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Looking at either of these for my next purchase. (Probably end up getting both though. Ugh.)

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Horrible selections as usual.

• I just scooped these up

as well as these:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'd be coppin' Nike Blazers all day if I didn't have wide feet. Took me a while to break in my first and only pair.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    These are my favourites this winter - works with Suit, Chinos or Jeans.

Just found out recently that they came to special fame as Daniel Craig wears them in Skyfall.

• Thought about these...not to crazy about the white trim.

innersource said:
    Thought about these...not to crazy about the white trim.

I got something identical - the white doesn't stay white for long and no-one notices from head-height.

• I love shoes as much as records.

god