Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

1235721

  Comments


  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    YES.




    WAY LESS OF A YES.

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    james said:
    batmon said:

    These are laughably bad. Nike has a great sense of humor.

    They might go well with a "HEATWAVE" sweater, though.

  • JimsterJimster Big scene at Nando's 6,714 Posts
    bassie said:
    YES.




    WAY LESS OF A YES.

    Freal. And that is coming from a girl. The intended audience for them Jack Purcells, surely.

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Even on a hermaphrodite they would be a terrible.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Jack Purcell silhouette will out last that tap dance nonsense above it.

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The floral oxfords are actually a pretty classic shape - not too orthopedic bulky or fad narrow, not too pointy and the heel is not too low or thick .

    The Purcells look like children's shoes.

    (and it isn't the silhouette that will be the issue in a year's time when bright, bold and androgynous has given way to neutral, simple and rugged in men's fashion)

  • I'll tap dance in both.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    The floral oxfords are actually a pretty classic shape - not too orthopedic bulky or fad narrow, not too pointy and the heel is not too low or thick .

    The Purcells look like children's shoes.

    (and it isn't the silhouette that will be the issue in a year's time when bright, bold and androgynous has given way to neutral, simple and rugged in men's fashion)

    I find the pattern on the Purcell's to be less bold than those Capezios.

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    More bold...and more traditional/timeless. That riff on chintz will always work imo.
    The pattern doesn't really even show up in the Purcells.

    Minor details, all this. They don't look like adult footwear to me is all....and not in a cool/statement/etc. way.

  • J i m s t e r said:
    bassie said:
    YES.




    WAY LESS OF A YES.

    Freal. And that is coming from a girl. The intended audience for them Jack Purcells, surely.

    Both are horrendous.

    Florals and camo get the gasface in the one three sons

    Ive held back for years about good sneakers here but you sons need help...

    Here


  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    More bold...and more traditional/timeless. That riff on chintz will always work imo.
    The pattern doesn't really even show up in the Purcells.

    Minor details, all this. They don't look like adult footwear to me is all....and not in a cool/statement/etc. way.

    Your actually think the flower shoe has a more timeless look than the 1930s Purcell?

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Purcells only look good to me in black or white. I am not a fan of that fan white tip and dressing it up in progressive grandma's favourite gardening hat print doesn't do it any favours. What would one even wear that with that would actually elevate the outfit?

    The floral oxfords are a statement, but have a simple enough shape and classic enough print that they will work no matter what else is going on. Those will work with a summer suit, with any number of colours denim, with inky blue denim, with khakis, with blsck or white slacks...

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    Like when you're in the shoe shop and you look at a rack of these shits, and you think: who exactly is it who would wear these fucking things?

    And it's you mofos

  • skel said:
    Like when you're in the shoe shop and you look at a rack of these shits, and you think: who exactly is it who would wear these fucking things?

    And it's you mofos

    on the internet, you dont have to actually WEAR them.

    ;-)

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    skel said:
    Like when you're in the shoe shop and you look at a rack of these shits, and you think: who exactly is it who would wear these fucking things?

    And it's you mofos

    on the internet, you dont have to actually WEAR them.

    ;-)

    YES

    Herm obviously rocks these things, but everyone else:
    Post pix wearing them or your (sic) soft

  • On the aloha tip, I copped a pair of these and threw laces on them. Frequently worn with dark jeans and a white oxford when I have a seminar or something.

  • .

  • Vintage '85 John McEnroe 'Mac Attack' (picked up for $3 at a thrift store about 15 years ago or so), custom-striped dark grey/light grey jeans.



  • canadian winter makes it pretty much impossible to wear sneakers, can't wait till spring.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like playing with colours, but the kaka brown blazer is not working here, espeically with that gray...I guess he's trying to pick up on the gray in the kicks.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im ehh on the colors but i have an issue with how the pants meet at the Jordan V's.

    Those older basketball joints are bulky and look better w/ baggier cuts.

    I do like the rugged vs. spiffy juxtaposition.

  • yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,330 Posts
    Those older basketball joints are bulky and look better w/ baggier cuts.

    This........

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It's true, neatly tucked-in looks weird and the tongue is a bit of an issue...I think a rolled cuff would help a bit with a slim cut like that.

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    batmon said:

    HA HA HA!

    HA HA HA HA HA!!!

    B/w

    BWA HA HA!

    Jesus Christ.

  • bassie said:
    It's true, neatly tucked-in looks weird and the tongue is a bit of an issue...I think a rolled cuff would help a bit with a slim cut like that.

    I totally agree.

    that and the fact that he looks like he was abandoned in an alley as a child and raised by wild garbage. the Nubian martha plimpton with the colorblind tickle trunk is just barely falling short for me.

    diff'rent strokes i guess, huh guys?

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Another ehh is the Jordan V is aTaxi colorway and the ochre/mustard in the camo pants dont work together.

    He'd be better off in Jordans w/ a Chutney/Wheat Colorway.

    It would "blend" better but I think he and his stylist were cool w/ the louder yellow on his Jordan's.


  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    his stylist]

    Wait....Bruno was real??

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    Another ehh is the Jordan V is aTaxi colorway and the ochre/mustard in the camo pants dont work together.

    He'd be better off in Jordans w/ a Chutney/Wheat Colorway.

    It would "blend" better but I think he and his stylist were cool w/ the louder yellow on his Jordan's.


    Yes yes yes - the colour families he's working with are great, but the shades aren't right. The blazer is really the worst culprit here, it bogs down the whole look. I know it's a typical and safe go-to, but a denim shirt or jacket (not denim blazer lol) would have worked a lot better. But I guess he's trying to not be totally casual.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    Another ehh is the Jordan V is aTaxi colorway and the ochre/mustard in the camo pants dont work together.

    He'd be better off in Jordans w/ a Chutney/Wheat Colorway.

    It would "blend" better but I think he and his stylist were cool w/ the louder yellow on his Jordan's.


    Yes yes yes - the colour families he's working with are great, but the shades aren't right. The blazer is really the worst culprit here, it bogs down the whole look. I know it's a typical and safe go-to, but a denim shirt or jacket (not denim blazer lol) would have worked a lot better. But I guess he's trying to not be totally casual.

    Maybe a grey blazer w/ a green(military/olive/sage/etc) tie?
Sign In or Register to comment.