OFFICIAL 2012 NFL Thread!!!!!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Bears over Rams: Yep, Bradford sucks even worse than Cutler does.

Skins over Bengals: Yes, but in a close one.

Lions over Titans: Ugly is right, the Titans are horrible.

Saints over Chiefs: Whodat!

Niners over Vikings: By 20 points.

Dolphins over Jets: No, the Jets will put the squeeze on the Dolphins.

Bills over Browns: Yes, but could go either way.

Bucs over Cowboys: No, I think the Pokes take this one.

Jags over Colts: Nope, I'm going Luck at home > Gabbert on the road.

Falcons over Chargers: Yes, hard to pick against the Falcons right now.

Cards over Eagles: Nope, I think the Eagles are going to knock Kolb into tomorrow.

Steelers over Raiders: Yes, Big Ben just wins.

Texans over Broncos: Yes, line flip-flopped on this one for good reason, Texans are gonne win big.

Ravens over Patriots: Yes, Patriots are no longer what they were for so long.

Packers over Seahawks: Yes, but I could see the Seahawks 49ers their way to a surprise win.

• RAJ said:
    Risingson said:
    R.I.P. Steve Sabol

a sad loss for the football world

This should be a seperate thread.

NFL Films deeply affected my life and love for football.

RIP STEVE!

I just got to see the final 3:30 obit piece that "Inside the NFL," rolled this week, and I teared up.

He totally changed the way television sports is presented, and is one of the great modern-day myth makers in any medium.

I would not do what I do for a career with his influence on me, or the medium.

RIP

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Gmen looked good.

Cam looked human.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Taking the Steelers over the Raiders in my Survivor pool. Any Steel Curtain fans worried about the trip to Oakland?

A little bit because Big Ben plays like crap in the Bay Area for some reason.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Giants looked good last night, I've seen them improving every game so far. I'm real worried about the team's health though, week 3 and already a lot of people banged up. Bring on the Eagles!

Giants season plan: Get everyone hurt at the beginning, scrape by and into the playoffs, everyone comes back healthy, GMen on a rampage.

Cutler is the modern day Jeff George. His accuracy is affected by the fact he is constantly throwing off his back foot (like Jeff George). He simply refuses to step into throws or have the proper mechanics of an NFL QB. He has personality issues (Jeff George). Million dollar arm and 10c head (Jeff George). The Bears should've improved their OLine, which they appear to not have done, exposing Cutler when they face a DLine of substance w/good blitzing LBs.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is season is some serious WTF so far!?

DeAngelo Hall is the worst starting CB in the league.

• Jay Cutler is the new Jeff George, smh.

National Flag League

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Thank you Jamal Charles!

• PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Thank you Jamal Charles!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Thank you Jamal Charles!

Yeah, he beat my Saints and my fantasy squad in one fell swoop.

• Revis done for the year!

• Risingson said:
    Revis done for the year!

#jetsfail

SF going down was nuts

and seriously, these refs need to go

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    FREE HOCHULI !!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RIDICULOUS

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Funny thing is..that touchdown wasnt even the worst call of the quarter.

• Is the officiating really all that more awful than before? People are always complaining about the officiating in the NFL, replacement refs or not. Its just now that the "real" refs have been locked out, there's tighter scrutiny and a readily accepted scapegoat. The league fucked up no doubt, but blaming everything on the replacement refs is just going too far.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Is the officiating really all that more awful than before? People are always complaining about the officiating in the NFL, replacement refs or not. Its just now that the "real" refs have been locked out, there's tighter scrutiny and a readily accepted scapegoat. The league fucked up no doubt, but blaming everything on the replacement refs is just going too far.

These refs look scurred.....they have no business being out there....these guys aren't the next level down which would be Division I...they are about 4 levels below an NFL ref and it shows in every game......Yes, it is that much worse and I can't see it lasting more than one more week.

Teh Refs do, indeed, suck. But, why can't these so-called professionals control themselves and not get in fights seemingly after every down?

• Rockadelic said:
    I can't see it lasting more than one more week.

Hopefully this is it:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8429885/nfl-reaches-agreement-officials-end-lockout

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Teh Refs do, indeed, suck. But, why can't these so-called professionals control themselves and not get in fights seemingly after every down?

Steroids?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    RAJ said:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Wes Welker gets a kick out of Tom Brady's message to Bills fans.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Also, if you love football, you will enjoy watching this over and over as much as I do.

• at 0-4 it's probably the last thing on his mind but props to Brees for tying Johnny U's 47 game record. That's one I never thought anyone would come close to

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cookbook said:
    #jetsMEGAfail

i derived WAY too much pleasure from this... it's just a nice "I TOLD YOU SO!" after all the "JETS PROVE DOUBTERS WRONG" articles that came out after the first game of the season...

articles like this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/sports/football/jets-have-no-trouble-scoring-in-opener-against-bills.html?_r=0

i just kept thinking, "settle down, it's the Bills and it's one game..."

and sure enough, this years Jets season looks like a shitshow... good luck w/ the texans, colts, and patriots... jets will be lucky to be 3-4 after week 7...

RGIII