OFFICIAL 2012 NFL Thread!!!!!

Comments

• Absolutely garbage officiating on the Niners-Packers game, on both sides. Niners looked great and IMO it prolly shouldnt have been that close but there were calls both ways that were on some WTF.

I got that there season ticket on the directv promo so I'm all in. Lets go Niners!

(shoot me if you ever hear me say "NinerGang")

• Yeah, the Bears vs Packers is going to show if we can contend for our division this year for sure.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Bobby Three Sticks.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Who Dat?

Who dat? Oh...that's RGIII. Don't mind him. He's just beasting out in the Dome.

As a life long Skins fan, I have to say that because we don't get many W's against such an awesome opponent in their own house.

• RGIII outplayed Drew Brees today. Gotta earn that money, Drew.

Saints got some shiz to get together.

Manning is looking good.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Manning is looking good.

Yup...same amazing no huddle, defense reading beast with a laser cannon. Been a really fun game.

EDIT: Watching Peyton make Troy P show his cards repeatedly, just to drain the game clock and call a time out was sick. Genius shit.

• JectWon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Manning is looking good.

Yup...same amazing no huddle, defense reading beast with a laser cannon. Been a really fun game.

EDIT: Watching Peyton make Troy P show his cards repeatedly, just to drain the game clock and call a time out was sick. Genius shit.

twas nice, crazy seeing peyton being peyton again.

as for luck, hes fucked with this half of an OL we have right now, going to be another long season.

cutler to marshall will be heavy this season.

rg3 looked good, missing pierre garcon right about now.

matt ryan in beast mode yesterday, damn

and these refs though... smh

cookbook said:

Garcon doesn't expect to miss any PT.

• Bon Vivant said:
    cookbook said:

Garcon doesn't expect to miss any PT.

haha sorry, i meant missing him on the indy team from last year

• rootlesscosmo said:

Wish he'd have actually mooned them.

My favorite to ever lace up the pads. Enjoy the year, 49ers fans.

• Da fucking Bears!!!

Jay Cutler put his foot in his mouth when he said that GB's CB's couldn't get the best of him this game. It's in the fourth and dude threw 3 int's and no TD's! Smh

• MacGowan probably would have been a better QB to start tonight's game, lol!

Freaking Cutler, smh

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    GB not quite back to form yet but at least they weren't the Bears tonight. :oof:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• I am starting to think that if Cutler doesn't get it together the next two seasons the Bears will let him go. We have been doomed at the QB position ever since McMahon, and even he was an ok QB.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cutler = douche of the year!

• cutler proved last night why he will never be an elite QB

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Cutler = douche of the year!

Every quarterback has a bad game now and then. Cutler has too many of them, true. But it's really his crapfest demeanor that's his biggest problem. And that's exactly why Denver wanted to unload him. You just can't have an outright dick being your team leader.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Every quarterback has a bad game now and then. Cutler has too many of them, true. But it's really his crapfest demeanor that's his biggest problem. And that's exactly why Denver wanted to unload him. You just can't have an outright dick being your team leader.

Ha, that's perfect.

• Not a fan of Cutler as a person, I was gobsmacked when he shouldered into Ja'marcus Webb last night when he was getting at him for letting Matthews through.....anyway, 7-3 last season, Cutler gets injured, Bears finish 8-8. They need Cutler & he is a good QB. I like the Bears this season, Cutler just doesn't play well at Lambeau. WR's did help him either with drops

• R.I.P. Steve Sabol

a sad loss for the football world

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Risingson said:
    R.I.P. Steve Sabol

a sad loss for the football world

This should be a seperate thread.

NFL Films deeply affected my life and love for football.

RIP STEVE!

• my boy just estimated the time wasted by the officials last night to be about 50 mins.

that's major.

oh, and NINERS.

• Giants looked good last night, I've seen them improving every game so far. I'm real worried about the team's health though, week 3 and already a lot of people banged up. Bring on the Eagles!

Taking the Steelers over the Raiders in my Survivor pool. Any Steel Curtain fans worried about the trip to Oakland?

• Haven't done this in a long while, week 3 Picks:

Bears over Rams: I know Forte is out, but I still don't think the Rams offense is clicking enough for a win in Chicago

Skins over Bengals: Should be a big debut for RGIII at home

Lions over Titans: I think this one could get ugly, Titans secondary will not be able to hang

Saints over Chiefs: If the Saints can't beat the Chiefs at home and they go 0-3, its going to be a really long season in NOLA

Niners over Vikings: If Niners took it to the Lions and the Packers, they should stomp the Vikings

Dolphins over Jets: Only if Reggie Bush can have another big game and the Jets turn over the ball a few times

Bills over Browns: Must win for the Bills

Bucs over Cowboys: I think its going ot be a close one, and its going to come down to who protects their quarterback best.

Jags over Colts: Jacksonville always plays Indy tough

Falcons over Chargers: I want to call it the other way because of home field but the Falcons are off to a fast start and looking real tough.

Cards over Eagles: Cards are riding high after beating NE, I'll take their young defense over Vick and Andy Reid's play calling.

Steelers over Raiders: Raider nation in serious pain, this is going to be a bad year for them.

Texans over Broncos: Texans still have a hard-on for Manning, they are coming guns blazing

Ravens over Patriots: Revenge is a strong motivator, and until the Pats get Welker going, they will struggle

Packers over Seahawks: Seahawks secondary against Packers' receivers will be an interesting match-up.

Who are you guys picking?