favorite skater?

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    MARKOVICH?!

holler.

Most definitely!! I'm surprised he didn't come up sooner.

I'm going to have to go with Mullen. He's unfuckwitable.

The first video I saw was Plan B's Second Hand Smoke, and Mullen's part in that is crazy. Also contains one of the only good Aerosmith tunes...

• great post. as a long time (but rather crap) skater, I'd have to say my favourites are koston, kerry getz, danny montoya and kalis....that rodrigo texeira guy is pretty amazing as well. What about favourite videos? es' menikmati is a classic I think.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    MARKOVICH?!

holler.

Most definitely!! I'm surprised he didn't come up sooner.

I'm going to have to go with Mullen. He's unfuckwitable.

The first video I saw was Plan B's Second Hand Smoke, and Mullen's part in that is crazy. Also contains one of the only good Aerosmith tunes...

I may have to change my fave to Mullen. I saw that second hand smoke tape at least 50 times back in the day.

• I'm with the Rodney Mullen camp, but have you guys seen Daewon's segment in skatemore?

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

Bill Danforth all day.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    For DC/MD, it would have to be Bucky Lasek,

crate related fact

his cousin is a baltimore record dealer

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I like PJ Ladd's style. Dude has serious tech skills.

Cosign on Tom Penny too. Whatever dude does it always looks fucking smooth.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

Anyone remember Tom Penny's part in the first Transworld video, UNO?? He just absolutely DESTROYS that bank with the chain at the top... Can't remember the name of the spot, but he basically shut it down. Just running down the line of tricks, 180, 360, 180 flips... doing them all frontside, backside, nollie, etc... damn...

I read in interviews that basically nobody films there anymore because Penny owns it.
    lol

Man this thread is bringing me back to the days when I used to skate around my home town every day in the summer with a HUGE full size VHS camcorder in my backpack, making the worst skate vids you've never seen.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

shit was so

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

• When I was in 5th grade (1987) all the popular kids were into skateboarding, so I had to have one. I asked my dad if I could get one, and he decided he was going to build me one himself.

So, he took a 2" thick piece of wood, cut it so it was 1' wide and circular on one end, and pointed on the other, took the wheels off these:

and scewed them into the bottom, leaving them 2" apart.

He then painted it baby blue, and said, "Here you go!"

"Thanks. Can I get a real one?"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    When I was in 5th grade (1987) all the popular kids were into skateboarding, so I had to have one. I asked my dad if I could get one, and he decided he was going to build me one himself.

So, he took a 2" thick piece of wood, cut it so it was 1' wide and cicular on one end, and pointed on the other, took the wheels off these:

and scewed them into the bottom, leaving them 2" apart.

He then painted it baby blue, and said, "Here you go!"

"Thanks. Can I get a real one?"

other than the "trucks" being 2" apart - that sounds amazing.

My dad is the same - why buy it when you can build it yourself? I love it about him now, then, it was a bummer.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm not much of a skater guy, but I watched the X Games on TV a couple of years ago and saw this cute, young Brazilian lady, Fabiola DiSilva. She's pretty good.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Mike V
    &
    "Hocky Temper" Getz

Brian Chillders is fun to kick it with.

Does anyone remember the Trust guys?

I found one of these behind a thrifstore in high school. Still have that shit. Anybody have any old boards still?

Oh yeah, this is my shit right here.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Oh yeah, this is my shit right here.

was it a show or something? or just "you are a THE SKATEBOARDER"

I don't think it was a show. Remember that movie with Leif Garrett simply titled "Skateboard"? haha

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    no, but i saw this at the lewis and clark theatre back in the day...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

and the cinci classic...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    check the bottom right of that photo, motorized skateboard, a friend and i built one when we were younger with the engine from a weedwhacker, shit was bonkers, i almost broke my head open many a times...

and the cinci classic...

Step yr game up folls-

The classic...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Fred Blood................. what y'all know about him huh?

• Step yr game up folls-

The classic...

I remember seeing this on FOX night at the movies. Only it was called "A Brothers Justice" or somein. Tony Hawk played a spectacular pizza hut delivery man. Must have been a real stretch for him.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    all the skate "stunts" were performed by chris miller.

• Im an older dood. I like cats that aren't super technical, that have fun and that go big with non-pussy style.
    My two all time faves are Gonz and Niel Blender. I should thank Kalis for giveing me a DC spot as well for the Love Park RIP commercial. Get paid!

6.dos

• all time : Guy Mariano, Gino Ianucci

right now : Dennis Busenitz, Danny Brady (y'all need to see the Blueprint video)

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Yamaguchi, all the way.