TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• Duderonomy said:

You owe me a beer then :beerbang:

:cheese:

agreed... So Redknapp goes, are the scousers now kicking themselves?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DuttyBabylon said:
    Duderonomy said:

You owe me a beer then :beerbang:

:cheese:

agreed... So Redknapp goes, are the scousers now kicking themselves?

What, kicking ourselves that we chose Rodgers instead of waiting around for Redknapp to become available? Excuse me while I LOL my FAO.

• OK, rephrase. Would they have been better to hang on and see who became available over summer? Surely you'd have preferred someone with more Premiership track history?

DuttyBabylon said:
    OK, rephrase. Would they have been better to hang on and see who became available over summer? Surely you'd have preferred someone with more Premiership track history?

No, not really. I wouldn't have minded AVB, for example. Shitting the bed at Chelsea during half a season managing some of the most entitled cunts in world football is no real index of a manager's quality. Redknapp as LFC manager is a preposterous idea. I guess it might mean we'd see Peter Crouch in a Liverpool shirt once more, before 'Arry flogged him to...hold on, let me try to remember who he hasn't sold Crouch to...

Rodgers wasn't my ideal choice, but if it was between him and Redknapp, there'd be no contest. Redknapp's not a lot different from MO'N - both have acquired vastly overinflated reputations based on middling achievements and lots of mates in the meeja.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Where is Harry going then? I mean, the clubs further up the pecking order this year than THFC are already sorted for a gaffer, thank you very much.

• Quite... Straight swap for Moyes? I think not.

Swansea to finish above LOLerpool next season..

DocMcCoy said:

Rodgers wasn't my ideal choice, but if it was between him and Redknapp,

Your Crouch comments made me chuckle no end, but the above surprises me.... If the merimen owners were to give him time to build then ok, maybe. But can't see that happening if the results don't go the right way in what, first 2 seasons..

Maybe his dog is due an awkward and potentially embarrassing tax return?

• DOF at Liverpool for Redknapp?

ROI manager when Trapattoni goes??

Iniesta shitting himself with the thought of facing Keith Andrews?

How many will Spain put past ROI today?

DuttyBabylon said:
    Quite... Straight swap for Moyes? I think not.

Swansea to finish above LOLerpool next season..

DocMcCoy said:

Rodgers wasn't my ideal choice, but if it was between him and Redknapp,

Your Crouch comments made me chuckle no end, but the above surprises me.... If the merimen owners were to give him time to build then ok, maybe. But can't see that happening if the results don't go the right way in what, first 2 seasons..

I think they will. They have to. They obviously recognise that Dalglish was the wrong choice (although I'd be interested to know at what point they realised it), but at the time it was a choice that would have been tougher for them not to make. I'm as curious as anyone to see what Rodgers does, but as long as he doesn't make us worse I won't mind too much. Already there are people saying he's doomed because he was obviously the beneficiary of Martinez's work before him and he'll soon be found out and LFC will be wishing they'd chose Martinez, etc.

Oh, and I'll take that bet.

• Thanks for the palpitations Ingerland...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Anyone fancy this?

Where's Junior at??

Man like 50CRATES should be on that bill.

What was happening with the Runic gathering on Tintagel or whatever was mooted? Mis-aligned planets?

Maybe DJ LIMAO is dyslexic Japanese promoter's DJ MARIO?

As for the mystic Brit meet, after the widespread no-show at the last London one I think those present lost a bit of heart that such a tumult could ever occur.

PMG hold at the mo.
    Unless we have a dynamo in our midst who can bring it about by force of will.

Having said that, I got a new job starting mid July so taking time off will be a tough pull so early on in the relationship.

You up for a sortie, Jim?

• skel said:
    Maybe DJ LIMAO is dyslexic Japanese promoter's DJ MARIO?

hahaha, brilliant! but unfortunately not. Those two DJ's are a pair of goons, I've met both & DJ'd with one; was not particularly impressed with their sets when I heard them.

I'd be up for a brit strut meet possibly, have a fair bit more free time now. Just came back from London actually and am going back this weekend coming.

skel said:
    You up for a sortie, Jim?

Sure, but would need to be a weekend - all July weekends are chokka (Ibiza to factor in there). August better. Probably down in the Sat morning, home somepoint Sunday... Or something like that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    skel said:
    Where's Junior at??

Hansen:

You can have two-point plans, five-point plans or 40-point plans, but the reality is that England simply do not have the players to succeed at this level. The same old problems are the ones that need addressing, but nothing ever happens.

Once again, the players are tired after a tough domestic season and there will be calls for a winter break, but will that ever really be introduced when the Premier League is as successful as it is?

On the pitch, England have fallen short again when faced with technically superior opponents, but the team are still playing 4-4-2, which is an obsolete system.

And when we talk of unearthing the next generation and giving them the chance to take the team forward, who are those players?

Beyond Jack Wilshere, who has now been out for a year through injury, the rest of them are still ???maybes??? and one or two others are ???maybe nots???. There are many flaws which have contributed to England???s failings over the years, but it really is not a case of identifying the key issues because everybody knows what they are.
    Over the last three or four tournaments for which England have qualified, despite the preparation beforehand, the players have always looked tired before being eliminated.

The game against Italy was a case in point. Andrea Pirlo, who was magnificent for the Italians, tired towards the end of the game, just as he did against Croatia in the group stages. But the England players were simply more tired than Pirlo and they could not get close to him.

The futility of playing in a 4-4-2 system contributed to England???s fatigue because midfielders such as Scott Parker and Steven Gerrard were consistently outnumbered in midfield.

From being England???s best player of the tournament, when he had been commanding in midfield, Gerrard found himself chasing the ball all the time against Italy because of the lack of numbers in the centre of the pitch.

So the combination of fatigue and outdated tactics made life so much more difficult for England against the Italians.

Both issues can be resolved, but I doubt whether, in the first instance, there will be an appetite to introduce a winter break for the good of the England team.

The Premier League has just seen its broadcast income go through the roof with the latest television deal, but if a winter break were introduced, would fixtures be reduced as a result and, if so, would it affect the money the league generates?

The league is also so strong that a game between Manchester City and Wolves, last season???s top and bottom, would be contested much more keenly than a similar fixture in Spain or Italy.

Because of the demands of playing in England, I would always want to be on a beach by the end of April, not just because I was drained physically, but also mentally.

The same applies to the current players, but if a winter break was introduced, the clubs would almost certainly fly their players off for games in Asia or the Middle East.

Tactically, there is obviously room for improvement because the game is constantly evolving.

Many teams are now playing like City did last season, with a 4-2-3-1 formation, because it helps prevent the problem England experienced against Italy, of being outnumbered in midfield.

Whenever that happens, if your opponents are half-decent, then you will be in trouble and, with 4-4-2, it is easy for the other team to play between the lines.

Playing 4-2-3-1 worked for City, but Holland played that way at Euro 2012 and lost every game, so you have to play the system that suits the players.

It would not have been too difficult for Wayne Rooney to drop back into midfield against Italy, though, because he has played that role on many occasions for Manchester United during games away from Old Trafford.

Any system has to work for the players, though. When Italy won the World Cup in 1982, they played with a sweeper and, despite having great success with a flat back four at Liverpool, we tried to introduce a sweeper because we wanted to stay ahead of the rest.

But we just could not get it to work because we did not know how to operate the system.

The players are the key, however, and the fact of the matter is that, while there was not a bad player in the England squad, there were not any great ones.

If you go to Rio de Janeiro, you will see young kids spending all day and all night kicking a ball on Copacabana beach, but society is different in England and it is no longer ???football or football??? when it comes to kids keeping themselves entertained.

There are many more distractions for youngsters, but footballers start becoming players by kicking a ball with their friends at five and six, not when they are 15.

If they are playing with laptop computers, they are not playing football and that means fewer promising players will develop. But that is not a new development. Just like the tiredness and tactics, it is an old problem, so will it ever change?

I think also what he didn't mention is the pace of games in the prem. I believe you can play every weekend at that speed, but in a tournament where matches come in closer proximity, you must adopt a less energetic style, in the same way Usain Bolt will jog out his qualifiers until the last race. And the players don't know how to play that way. This running onto long ball stuff is hard work.

So because the opposition saturate the midfield, England play deep, and so instead of Walcott and dem getting the ball in the final third, he gets it inside his own half and has to run the length of the pitch to have an impact. Which is knackering.

The possession sides play the same in league and internationals. And their leagues are boring.

Plus, I bet 'nuff Eurokids are on dey Hexboxes too. It's not all "Papa, Papa, please buy me some shoes for Christmas".

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This had me laughing.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm DONE.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    What's the word on LIBOR scandal over there? Shit hitting the fan? Or not?

Banks fix the interbank offered rate. Who knew?
    More at 11....

B/w the big news is that Bob Diamond has hot, funky daughter who's trending on twitter right now
    #OMG Heat mag Sun newspaper dot com

Actually, take a look at the JP Morgan Libor submissions and spookily it seems almost exactly under the curve to the same extent that Barclays was over. In other words, take Jpm and Barclays out and Linor was unaffected.i might be mad if I had a personal loan pegged to Libor, but it's all good grist to the bank bashing mill.
    What's most sickening is politico band wagon jumping.
    All the parties have been culpable in scene-setting this for about 30 years.

Lol at regulation being able to curb this shit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't know how the MPs can all go around pointing the finger at the other guy all the time, it's pretty obvious that who ever is in charge has to be dirty because of how things have been set up. I mean, they're not hanging out on Russian oligarch's private yachts to top up their tans.
    I guess they figure if they yell "He started it!" loud enough people will be partisan enough to believe it. All the while, nothing gets done to fix things.

The quantitative easing thing pisses me off more than any of this Bobby Diamond bidness. ??375 billion and counting and not a penny of it actually reaching the people who are paying for it.

-

But more importantly..

WHERE IS JUNIOR??

It's been ages since he posted, too long for a holiday surely.

Okem said:
    WHERE IS JUNIOR??

I think Uni*ed not winning the league has hit some Brits hard.

b/w

Maybe dude has mad days in lieu?

Previous disappearances from here for extended periods by myself and Duder lead me to wonder if Junior's well disguised ennui hasn't been translated into a real life drama. Empathetic dudes may have noticed.

Sometimes self inflicted, other times imposed from outside.
    Always having major impact on a dude's life, seemingly less surmountable the older you get.
    I have devoted the best part of a year to studying this phenomenon, researching the way forward and ultimately devising some solid, life-changing strategies for sorting that mess out.

Not for nothing is the Greek word for 'crisis' partly made up of the Greek word for 'opportunity'.

For any dude facing the big problems in life, feel free to "reach out" and get laced with practical advice.

Alternatively, A*i could be sunning torso in Teh Med.

Whatevers.

Btw, I am leaving my job today for banking pastures new.
    Onwards and upwards! The future is brighter, batches!!
    BELIEVE.

You still saluting the flag akin to the curry ringpiece, or the lure of Bob Diamond's still-warm rotating Chesterfield too hard to resist?

Good luck dude. I am also steeling my muscles for a leap to another log on the river of life.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Good luck with the new job Steve.

-

All you Brit thread dudes are my internet bros. If you ever need over cautious slightly dodgy advice I'm your man.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    And if you ever need to score crack, smack, coke, mandy, or ket, I'm your man

But srsly, I'm also your man if anyone feels the urge to go on a tequila session. Bad dancing, getting slapped in the face by women etc are optional, but make the experience much more fun.

J i m s t e r said:
    You still saluting the flag akin to the curry ringpiece

This.

A week off in between to 'sort shit out'.

Duderonomy said:
    mandy

?

Duder got that Manilow heat we need?