TRAP DOOR MYSTERY MIX TRACKLIST

13»

Comments

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Track no. 2 sounds very much like The Travellers - Slow Soul. Listen to the clip of it, it's no. 8 on this page: http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/dustyfingersvolume12.htm

I hope it helped a bit!

The one on trap door is The Bee's...

peace.

The Bee's what?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Track no. 2 sounds very much like The Travellers - Slow Soul. Listen to the clip of it, it's no. 8 on this page: http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/dustyfingersvolume12.htm

I hope it helped a bit!

The one on trap door is The Bee's...

peace.

The Bee's what?

Knees

• a bit offtopic:
    but does anyone has the full lp off "The Travellers - Slow Soul" track or is it a 7 inch?
    sheep, do you know more?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The song I'm talking about is from a Chinese group called The Bee's...

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    The song I'm talking about is from a Chinese group called The Bee's...

Yep, You are right! Today I found this LP on eBay, but sold for now :S Sample was exactly like this.
    On vinyl cover it has: The Bees, 24 Top Of The Pops, Non Stop Dancing.

The Bees were one of those Malaysian instrumental garage bands who also worked in Singapore as a session band besides some live shows. This late 60s release shows that they had a very interesting guitar player, working a lot on giving a psychedelic mood on the guitar.

So, a little update:

01. Intro
    02. The Bees - ID (From Malaysia)
    03. Les Lutins - La Junglomanie (1968)
    04. Impala Syndrome - Love Grows A Flower (1969)
    10. Baris Manco - G??n??l Dagi (1972)
    12. San Ul Lim - My Soul Lies On Silk (1978)
    13. Arik Einstein - Ani Ve'Ata (You And I)

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Strange, that after 4+ years still this tracklist is not even almost complete I'm very happy cause I got the LP the 2nd track is taken from, The Bees LP.
    But the most I'd like to know what is this Israel song, who's singing....Arik Einstein??? Anyone knows?

• exte82 said:
    Strange, that after 4+ years still this tracklist is not even almost complete I'm very happy cause I got the LP the 2nd track is taken from, The Bees LP.
    But the most I'd like to know what is this Israel song, who's singing....Arik Einstein??? Anyone knows?
    Whats the name of that bees track?

Also, does anyone know the last track? Heres what I got:

01. Philippe Grancher - Flip-Flop (1976)
    02. The Bees 5 - ?
    05. The Black Seeds/Sound Trek - Go Outside In The Rain/Coldest day of my life (1972)
    07. Dr. Philter Banx - High Heels and Mirrored Thighs (1975)
    10. Baris Manco - G???n???l Dagi (1972)
    11. Panbers - Rock and the Sea (1972)
    13. Ron Eliran - Ani Ve'Ata (You And I) (197x)

• Glad you guys still give a shit. Sean and I are about 80% done with the new Trap Door and it's sounding positively dusted. Oh, and the very last track is an obscure Swiss 7 inch single by a band called Musty, the track is called "Leavin".

bobtheorange said:
    exte82 said:
    Whats the name of that bees track?

Also, does anyone know the last track? Heres what I got:

02. The Bees 5 - ?
    05. The Black Seeds/Sound Trek - Go Outside In The Rain/Coldest day of my life (1972)
    10. Baris Manco - G???n???l Dagi (1972)

• coolchris said:
    Glad you guys still give a shit. Sean and I are about 80% done with the new Trap Door and it's sounding positively dusted. Oh, and the very last track is an obscure Swiss 7 inch single by a band called Musty, the track is called "Leavin".
    Thanks for the info man!!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    coolchris said:
    Glad you guys still give a shit. Sean and I are about 80% done with the new Trap Door and it's sounding positively dusted. Oh, and the very last track is an obscure Swiss 7 inch single by a band called Musty, the track is called "Leavin".

This is great news! Thanks for the tip about last track.

02. The Bees - ID (From Malaysia) Track nr 1 from their "24 Top Of The Pops" LP (SRLP-1020)
    16. Musty - Leavin'

• Mussssty!!! man, i love that joint to death. how the hell am i gonna find that???
    great hearing that a new trapdoor is on the way.
    i gave many copies of trapdoor as holiday presents over the years

gonna check you out soon at the shop chris

• exte82 said:
    coolchris said:

This is great news! Thanks for the tip about last track.

02. The Bees - ID (From Malaysia) Track nr 1 from their "24 Top Of The Pops" LP (SRLP-1020)
    16. Musty - Leavin'
    If anyone is curious the name of The Bees song is ?????????????????? or written in pinyin "Lian er hong xin er xiao". The English translation is "When the heart is red, the face is smiling" or something like that. It's a popular song in China/Singapore/Malaysia which explains why The Travelers and other bands have done covers of it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    bbump

any news on #14/15?

did trapdoor 3 ever happen?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    just listened to this the other night. So good!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Can't wait the new Trap Door mix.

plaese to tell us more

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    is this still up on the webz somewhere?

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    this is absolutely amazing!

Track 15 MUST be from my homeland, but I can't place it...

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Just ordered a copy off of discogs. Was Trap Door 2 ever pressed on vinyl?

yes it was

• bumples.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    coolchris said:
    Glad you guys still give a shit.

??????. :shocked:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Played this mix yesterday in my local corner bar ( :beer: ) but to my big surprise they :hated_it: , even the few prog rock fans who were there.

The taste of people in the real world differs a lot more to the "elite gusto" around these parts than I thought. :cry:

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    anyone ever seen that impala LP with spanish lyrics?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    doisn said:
    anyone ever seen that impala LP with spanish lyrics?

As far as I know, this album was released in the US, Brasil and Venezuela (where they are from and were known as Los Impalas). I assume you mean the Venezuelan pressing. They spent some time in Spain, so there might be a Spanish pressing also.

I have the Brasilian, but the writing is in English, iirc.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    thanks, yes, i knew they??re venezuelan guys and released several albums before as los impalas, then moved to spain and the US where they recorded syndrome. so the first press is the US one on parallax right? I know that the lyrics/tracktitles written on the back are written en espa??ol on the spanish and venezuelan presses but what about the actual songs recorded en espa??ol. the whole album? as you can hear clearly on the mix the beginning of this track starts with spanish lyrics then they switch. never seen a recording like this, may its a cover???

• doisn said:
    thanks, yes, i knew they??re venezuelan guys and released several albums before as los impalas, then moved to spain and the US where they recorded syndrome. so the first press is the US one on parallax right? I know that the lyrics/tracktitles written on the back are written en espa??ol on the spanish and venezuelan presses but what about the actual songs recorded en espa??ol. the whole album? as you can hear clearly on the mix the beginning of this track starts with spanish lyrics then they switch. never seen a recording like this, may its a cover???

Yes, I was curious about this as well.

• All I can really add is

Track 09) Danny Davis & His Orchestra - Chamber of Horrors from 1968

and an observation on a layer added to San Ul Lim, Track 12) sounds like it contains fragments of Frank Zappa dialogue.

Amazing mix across the board.