LITTLE DUDE IDEA: BEATMAKING for New Orleans? $$?

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/25/05 [color:orange]UPDATE...[/color]

[color:red]DAY has just joined us with an incredible piece that is akin to George Orwell doing beats...additionally, we just got international with Copenhagen's very own upskiboo hitting me with a sick-ass track...BobbyDee has been working hard on the cover and should have some preliminary stuff to me soon[/color]

[color:orange]I have been privy to some incredible work that twoply is working on that I will definitely hold out for. Also, our recent PUTS addition to SS has some work on its way...everyone is gonna wanna cop not just for charity but because the shit is quality. I can't hype this enough...[/b][/color]

All changes appear in BOLD[/b]
    UPDATE ON SUMMARY OF CONTRIBUTORS/INTEREST:

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS SICK NEW IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee, seanthomas,Gamble, day, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, peacefulrotation, recordbinladen , mrpek
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF
    ***pacman, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply, noixe, Raystar, upskiboo, day[/b]
    ****HAVE SENT ME COMPLETED STUFF
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, mallard, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN

-->My goal is to have as many and as diverse as tracks as possible. A good mix of somber political shit with uplifting jams is what I'm set on doing. I plan on using all 80minutes. If I really end up getting 29 beats, I'll have some decision making to make, so make those beatz/mixes ill as fuck. Remember, its ALL for charity.

-CD PRODUCTION, SHIPPING/RECEIVING, COORDINATOR, TREASURER.
    gNAT

Revised proposal--9/25/05, 10:00pm PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    standard Monday morning bump...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/28/05 [color:red]...UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...[/b][/color]9/28/05

[color:orange]recordbinladen[/b] is living up to his ominous handle with his track, "Too late for Fema" . This track is a Def, Melodic Scratch Orgy...BobbyDee continues to burn the midnight oil while working on the artwork...[/color]

[color:green]noixe has sent me his final track, "NBA JAM", a grimey boom bap track with a slam-dunk of funky introspection added for good measure[/color]

although the development of this album is taking a second to put together, it is gonna be a heater without a freaking doubt... [/b]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS SICK NEW IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee,Gamble, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, peacefulrotation, mrpek
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF
    ***pacman, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply, Raystar, upskiboo, day, recordbinladen[/b]
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, mallard, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN, noixe[/b]

-->My goal is to have as many and as diverse as tracks as possible. A good mix of somber political shit with uplifting jams is what I'm set on doing. I plan on using all 80minutes. If I really end up getting 29 beats, I'll have some decision making to make, so make those beatz/mixes ill as fuck. Remember, its ALL for charity.

gNAT

Revised proposal--9/28/05, 9:00pm PST
    gNAT

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Big props to you, Gnat. Especially for continuing for this when barely anybody stepped up to help you out.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Big props to you, Gnat. Especially for continuing for this when barely anybody stepped up to help you out.
    Thanks dude, but I don't feel slighted in anyway...I have really fucking dope tracks that people have contributed, many of which are original pieces made specifically for this project...as for the coordination piece (treasurer, etc.) that really had to be one person anyway else shit would get incredibly complicated....it's been difficult enough coordinating 25+ odd people via PMs and e-mails.

I gotta give my love to Bambouche and Aspirin for managing that Heatrock beast which I'm sure was a logistical nightmare...all I had to do was put the message out there, poke and prod a little and the dope beats came flying at me...can't wait to hear yours twoply...

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE... I swear on the sweat of my....neck....that this will get completed...
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    [color:red]10/2...UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE...10/2 [/color]

[color:orange]My felllow Strutters, I am on this business tip right now.
    -The PayPal account is set up right now to receive CC and debit payments.
    -I'm securing a site, www.breakintheroad.org to move this album...I'm not sure exactly how to do HTML, but I'll buy a book and make it happen by the end of the day if it comes down to it...
    -I'm gonna talk to the buyers at Amoeba Records in Berkeley

Just want to let you good people know that I'm serious about making this happen...[/color]
    much love,
    gNAT[/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    My Good Morning Monday Bump...

• Gnat are you still accepting tracks?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Alright, with a little help from the website set-up assistant and some knowledge of HTML that I owe to SoulStrut, the website is up and running in a skeletal form: www.breakintheroad.org. I have figured out how to link it with PayPal, but will need some assistance in creating links to sample tracks @ other sites or uploading them to my own site. If anybody can help me here, PM me...
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    10/5/05 [color:orange]...UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...[/b][/color]10/5/05

We're approaching the finish-line on this piece...I'm learning HTML for the website, www.breakintheroad.org , which is up in a skeletal form right now...

[color:red]ThesOne[/b] has come through with a funky ass beat that left me wanting to freak my laptop while I was screening it. My wife is concerned. I don't care though...dancing with laptaps is a positive modern manifestation of technology...right?[/color]

[color:green]Grafwritah's track Micky Ds got played live in my DJ set yesterday @Kingman's Lucky Lounge in Oakland, CA. It was soo good that it gave that cutey drunk girl in the corner the hots for me...I had to explain to her that I didn't make the track and that Grafwritah was who she needed to talk to...PM me Graf...she was smokin...[/color]

[color:orange]mrpek has got a fucking track that puts DangerMouse's Grey Album to shame...not only that he actually has an original MC...[/color]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS SICK IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee,Gamble
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, peacefulrotation
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF (AKA I have the MP3 and NEED the .WAV folks...)[/b]
    ***p_gunn, twoply, Raystar, upskiboo, day, recordbinladen, mrpek[/b]
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, mallard, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN, noixe, ThesONE, Grafwritah[/b]

gNAT

Revised proposal--10/5/05, 9:00pm PST
    gNAT

• girgir 329 Posts
    mad respect to gnat for taking on this project, and all the dudes who have contributed beats.

everyone who has the means to get involved on some level in this project should. it's the next step after the heatrock auctions as soulstrut continues contributing to relief for those in new orleans.

this may be a project birthed by little dudes, but it's much bigger than that.

so if you haven't all ready, stand up.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Well I'm glad to hear it's coming along.

And I'm glad to see that someone other than my girlfriend and my basement walls are "enjoying" my work (sarcasm on my girlfriend enjoying my work.

Well I'm anxious to hear this thing, I've heard of a lot the people that are listed's shit before and it's usually pretty hot so...

and congrats to Gnat again, he is the man.

• and congrats to Gnat again, he is the man.

Plaese respect the architect. A self-proclaimed "little dude" is trying to do something big, and I applaud him for his as-yet-thankless task.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yo Gnat ....

What I sent you was a .wav not an MP3 ....Did you get that last night?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    10/6/05 [color:orange]...UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...[/b][/color]10/6/05

We're approaching the finish-line on this piece...I'm learning HTML for the website, www.breakintheroad.org , which is up in a skeletal form right now...

[color:red]Mallard's[/b] track farawayplaces is indeed a cerebral voyage to everywhere I need to go. I like to think of it as auditory Prozac. It is a fucking amazing song that I'm proud to have on the album. PS Mallard, I publicly apologize for losing your .wav file...I had it all along...[/color]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS SICK IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee,Gamble
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, peacefulrotation
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF (AKA I have the MP3 and NEED the .WAV folks...)[/b]
    ***p_gunn, twoply, Raystar, upskiboo, day, recordbinladen, mrpek
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN, noixe, ThesONE, Grafwritah Mallard[/b]

gNAT

Revised proposal--10/6/05, 8:00pm PST
    gNAT

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    so everything's cool? i thought you couldn't handle the 24-bit business?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    everything cool...I love the 24 bits..I can handle it...don't know what happened b4...just burned a tester CD and am quite happy with it...

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    everything cool...I love the 24 bits..I can handle it...don't know what happened b4...just burned a tester CD and am quite happy with it...

great

thanks a lot gnat for putting this all together! you are doing a truly great thing and i'm very happy to be a part.

soulstrut needs to perform a massive

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    To ALL contributers to "Break in the Road". I need three things to get www.breakintheroad.org completed...

(1) some bio blurb information for the "About the Artists" Section of the webpage. Here is what I wrote in mine:

ARTISTS:

dj gNAT a.k.a Nat Chadwick

"Break In The Road" Producer
    ...resides in Richmond, CA where he works as an assistant teacher for Severely Emotionally Disturbed boys. To work off the stress from his job he deejays locally and produces hip-hop beats. He is married to Masako Esperanza Oishi, who doesn't seem to mind that he spends most his time in the studio because gNAT is doing what he loves.

(2) the best e-mail for people who might want to independently do business with you can contact you at. I intend to put this on the CD liner and website so that y'all who have donated might get some networking potential.

(3) your webpage if you have one. This too will go on the "About the Artists" section of www.breakintheroad.org so that folks can check out your shit...

Holler @ your boy...
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    by the way, please PM me the information.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    Damn! Mallard's track makes me want to redo mine...

is there a deadline?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    2 things:
    (1) www.breakintheroad.org has some new sound clips up, so check it...
    (2)I still need this from most of you guys who contributed:

To ALL contributers to "Break in the Road". I need three things to get www.breakintheroad.org completed...

(1) some bio blurb information for the "About the Artists" Section of the webpage. Here is what I wrote in mine:

ARTISTS:

dj gNAT a.k.a Nat Chadwick

"Break In The Road" Producer
    ...resides in Richmond, CA where he works as an assistant teacher for Severely Emotionally Disturbed boys. To work off the stress from his job he deejays locally and produces hip-hop beats. He is married to Masako Esperanza Oishi, who doesn't seem to mind that he spends most his time in the studio because gNAT is doing what he loves.

(2) the best e-mail for people who might want to independently do business with you can contact you at. I intend to put this on the CD liner and website so that y'all who have donated might get some networking potential.

(3) your webpage if you have one. This too will go on the "About the Artists" section of www.breakintheroad.org so that folks can check out your shit...

Holler @ your boy...
    gNAT

• Hey Gnat, I just sent you a rough mixdown of the track I'm working on...60's Nola r&b vs. Cash $$$$$$$....sounds kind of neat-o but I need to add an intro.

BTW nice to meet you too homie. Though I participated not in scrutinizing walkers of dogs that morning dude, let's not get it betwixt.

• Gnat check your inbox

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    10/10/05 [color:red]...UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...[/b][/color]10/6/05

MUSIC UPDATES[/b]
    [color:orange] peacefulrotation[/b]was intimidated by meeting me in the flesh over the weekend so he finally got me a track. Seeing my magnificent physique, he thought to himself, "Gee, I gotta impress this guy...so I'm gonna make the craziest mix of old and new known to man. I think I'll make it NOLA themed too." All bullshit aside, he managed to do just that, effectively mixing some NOLA old with some NOLA new...three times sick is all I got to say(sick X 3)[/color]

dj gNAT notes...[/b]
    [color:red]I have posted some more sample tracks on the website www.breakintheroad.org from GLOOM, Mallard, Grafwritah, and Meep. Check that shit out...but nobdoy try to buy the album yet because it ain't ready...unless you just want to give me money which I wouldn't be opposed to...[/color]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee,Gamble
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF (AKA I have the MP3 and NEED the .WAV folks...)[/b],
    ***p_gunn, twoply, upskiboo, day, recordbinladen, mrpek, peacefulrotation[/b]
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN, noixe, ThesONE, Grafwritah, Mallard

gNAT

Revised proposal--10/10/05, 6:06pm RichmondCaliforniaST

gNAT

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, I just listened to some of the snippets on the Breakintheroad Web page and y'all guys got some shit!! If I was set-up to record, I would send something. I guess I'll just have to cop the album then.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'll just have to cop the album then.
    that's what I'm saying...and thank you again for your avatar...I mean support...typo...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'll just have to cop the album then.
    that's what I'm saying...and thank you again for your avatar...I mean support...typo...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Damn! is there a deadline?