LITTLE DUDE IDEA: BEATMAKING for New Orleans? $$?

Comments

• im down for anything beat related that can help the cause

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    cool, I'm glad this is picking up...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

NEW IDEA[/b]. We still go with original beatz, but chuck the whole "contest" concept. INSTEAD, let's compile a disc of 10-15 original SoulStrutter beats and get an album going. DJ tracks would be cool too.

We charge $20 per disk, plus shipping. I figure hella folks on here will cop (at least 50) which will be at least $1000. Maybe we could get more. All proceeds would go directly to RedCross or another such charitable organization (suggestions welcome).

A SUMMARY OF CONTRIBUTORS/INTEREST:

NEEDS:

*We need an artist for cover art.
    ANYBODY? NEED HELP HERE[/b]

*We need at least 10 different original beatz from SoulStrut members.
    Raystar, mallard, Grafwritah, pacman, Bambouce, gir, mcdee, recordbinladen (4 posts and contributing), YOU! NEED HELP HERE![/b], *if we forego the contest idea we could add sick blends and/or rare tracks, just making a compilation of sick music with an ecclectic effect.

*We need someone to reproduce CDs quick and cheap.
    *We need someone to ship everything.
    *We need someone to coordinate all these folks.
    gNAT[/b]

*We need someone with a PAYPAL Account set up to receive money; the Treasurer.
    *Am I missing anything? I must be...
    ANYBODY? NEED HELP HERE! (PAGING BAY AREA STRUTTERS!)[/b]

Thus, this is my recently revised proposal--what do y'all think?

gNAT

• I like that idea better.

I'm up to throw one out there. Shit, I could volunteer the Mike Jones Punchout Remix.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm in, assuming I got anythign people want to hear.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i def can contribute beats. i gotta help somehow.

• im down for cover art - no sweat, any body with a concept lemme know, otherwise i'll get crackin as soon as we can lock down a title.

bobby

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    im down for cover art - no sweat, any body with a concept lemme know, otherwise i'll get crackin as soon as we can lock down a title.

bobby

Concept should definitely in corporate images/ideas not limited to but including: "Building from the ground up" & "Rebuilding". My thoughts for a title are: "Struttin' Nola Soul" or something to that effect. I'm just thinking out loud here while in between classes. Ideas/suggestions WELCOME[/b].

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I am swamped this week movin......but who cares PM me where to send a beat ...you keep that gnat and use it when this thing comes together if you want to. If not and it sucks then punch me in my face....sorry I've been up all night packing

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    I just pretty much do hiphop beats. I'll submit one or 2.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    NEW IDEA[/b]. We still go with original beatz, but chuck the whole "contest" concept. INSTEAD, let's compile a disc of 10-15 original SoulStrutter beats OR SICK MIXES AND/OR MASH UPS/BLENDS[/b]and get an album going. DJ tracks would be cool too.[/b]

We charge $20 per disk, plus shipping. I figure hella folks on here will cop (at least 50) which will be at least $1000. Maybe we could get more. All proceeds would go directly to RedCross or another such charitable organization (suggestions welcome).

NEEDS:

*We need an artist for cover art.
    bobbydee[/b]

*We need at least 10 different original beatz from SoulStrut members.
    Raystar, mallard, Grafwritah, noixe, jaymack, pacman, Bambouce, gir, mcdee, recordbinladen (4 posts and contributing), gNAT, YOU! NEED HELP HERE![/b], *if we forego the contest idea we could add sick blends and/or rare tracks, just making a compilation of sick music with an ecclectic effect.

*We need someone to reproduce CDs quick and cheap.
    *We need someone to ship everything.
    *We need someone to coordinate all these folks.
    gNAT[/b]

*We need someone with a PAYPAL Account set up to receive money; the Treasurer.
    *Am I missing anything? I must be...

Revised proposal--9/7/05?

gNAT

• i'd be down to contribute some musak.

hollur.

• Please count me 100% down for this on the music tip. Just let me know what to send/do.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm just trying to get some beats/DJ tracks together for a comp. Initially I'll just slang it over SoulStrut (moderators permitting) and then take it from there. Preliminary ideas beats/final production can be sent to: [email]gnattychad@mac.com[/email]

I'm donating my time and at least the initial investment of production from me own pocket. All proceeds will go to a charitable organization that doesn't have its hand in the cookie jar...suggestions welcome

Would it make a difference if shit was sent MP3 vs. WAV file as far as sound is concerned?

gNAT

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wav would prob be best. maybe even a lossless format like flac or shn.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Yo, I got some serious PM chatter happening between me and some heavies on this board. I just upgraded my e-mail account to handle over 500 MB of shit (and by shit, I mean your sooperbly dope mixes and beats). Feel free so send me your ideas, whims of final products at [email]gnattychad@mac.com[/email]

I'm gonna update this post with progress so as to show you I'm on the up and up and not just trying to hustle y'all for your music. Pacman just sent me a snip that sounds REAL sick. He's gonna do some more production on it b4 he sends me another.

Holler at your boy...

gNAT

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Should you guys wanna hear it........

http://members.cox.net/cerdaphidebeats/mla%20122.mp3

I'm looking for good audio dialogue from survivors and reporters to finish it off.

• I can submit a track, and if this is to be serious, submitting FLAC files is best. I can send a song right now.

• if you do use mp3's make sure it's at least at a 256 bitrate.

wav is still most desired, but it isn't always easy to get it sent, because of its size and what not.

ez.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i'd be down to contribute some musak.

hollur.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I just upgraded my e-mail account to handle 512 MB of shit (and by shit, I mean your sooperbly dope mixes and beats). Feel free so send me your ideas, whims or final products to [email]gnattychad@mac.com[/email]

• if you do use mp3's make sure the bitrate is at least at a 256 bitrate.

wav is still most desired, but it isn't always easy to get it sent, because of its size and what not.

ez.

But there is access to yousendit, youshareit, rapidshare, Streamload, or the other websites where it's possible to send big files, and it will not fill up the mailbox capacity of the recipient.

• true, but that shit also takes forever to upload 80MB's worth of data to whatever FTP site.

whatever, though. like i said wav is most desired.

peas.

• Im down if there is still room/need for beats.

now lets talk points...

• true, but that shit also takes forever to upload 80MB's worth of data to whatever FTP site.

I feel if it's worth the effort, it's worth the time.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    johmbolaya just came through with a heater...I'm loving this...all of you whether in this POST or PMs, hit me at [email]gnattychad@mac.com[/email] or let me know when you wanna do a yousendit so I can hit the time window. This is gonna be quite fresh...
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Im down if there is still room/need for beats.

now lets talk points...

Still need beats...what kind of points you want? Brownie points? You got em...

• like i said wav is most desired.

WAV + ZIP perhaps... ?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    UPDATE, PLEASE REVIEW EVEN IF YOU'VE ALREADY READ AS I HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES, THESE CHANGES APPEAR IN BOLD:[/b]
    NEW IDEA[/b]. We still go with original beatz/DJ TRACKS but chuck the whole "contest" concept. INSTEAD, let's compile a disc of 10-20 original SoulStrutter beats OR SICK MIXES AND/OR MASH UPS/BLENDS[/b] and get an album going. DJ tracks would be cool too.[/b]

We charge $15-$20 per disk, plus shipping. I figure hella folks on here will cop (at least 50) which will be at least $1000. Maybe we could get more. MAYBE WOULD COULD SLANG THIS SHIT AT OUR PLACES OF WORK/SCHOOL LIKE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES?![/b] All proceeds would go directly to RedCross or another such charitable organization (suggestions welcome)[/b].

NEEDS:

-We need an artist for cover art.
    bobbydee[/b]

-We need at least 10 different original beatz from SoulStrut members.
    *aspirin, *BeatChemist, **hogginthefogg**, *kidgusto,*AlienINVERSION, **johmbolaya**, *ThesONE, *Raystar, *mallard, *Grafwritah, *peaceful rotation, *aymack, *noixe, *jaymack, **pacman**, *Bambouce, *gir, *mcdee, *recordbinladen, *gNAT, *seanthomas, YOU! NEED HELP HERE![/b],
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    **indicates that these individuals have already hit me/let me preview their preliminary track.

-We need someone to reproduce CDs quick and cheap.
    -We need someone to ship everything.
    -We need someone to coordinate all these folks.
    gNAT[/b]

-We need someone with a PAYPAL Account set up to receive money; the Treasurer.
    -Am I missing anything? I must be...

Revised proposal--9/8/05

gNAT

• I can do something for this too if you're still looking for folks. I'm more of a cut n paste DJ type producer so I could do an all NOLA samples track. I'm in the process of doing a NOLA tribute mixtape right now so this could coincide with that.

DJ Ferrari