Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GS never really got in any rhythm. 14 steals by Memphis. Tony Allen all over the place. Draymond Green only one with physicality that can match. Absolutely hate Klay's body language. Conley = hard as fuck. This loss hurts for GS.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Conley = hard as fuck.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Now the series will be fun.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    felt like those early body checks by Memphis threw GS out of their rhythm... not sure if they expected superstar calls but the refs were obviously letting the game get physical and Steph is no match for Z-Bo... lol

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

All I can say is that you can't underestimate the impact of a solid point guard. Conley came up big last night which showed how much Nick Calathes can't fill his shoes (0 points in Game 1, really!!!). The Grizzlies played the exact kind of ball they have to play if they want to beat GSW. They will get smashed in a track meet if they allow GSW to get in transition. Yet, I want to see more precise passing out of the double teams in the paint. Gasol and Randolph were sloppy in finding open guys off the double teams, which resulted in some awful possessions. Jeff Green is an important 'other' I want to see score more points. GSW needs more bench scoring to help the 'Splash Brothers' shoulder the scoring load. If I were coaching Memphis, I would try to force their others to score while attempting to contain Steph and Klay. Doubling Steph up top was a very nice adjustment since GSW's offense pretty much works through him. Of course, GSW won't shoot as badly as they did last night for the whole series. So, the Grizz need to be defensively responsible in closing out on the shooters (and playing the passing lanes). Now that the series has reset to even, the fun can truly begin. I expect a nip-and-tuck battle in this one.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"Doubling Steph up top was very nice adjustment since GSW's offense pretty much works through him."

That's exactly what they did to Lillard, and it worked.
    Offense was off balance without Lillard directing it.

Grizz also bruised the heck out of Portland's big guys.
    Lopez, Aldridge got called for the fouls when they tried to respond.
    Frustrating for fans who saw the refs calling it on just one side.
    In reality I think the Grizz big guys just had more finesse, knew how to bump without getting called.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    In reality I think the Grizz big guys just had more finesse, knew how to bump without getting called.

Hey LaserWolf,

Yep, the Grizzlies' big guys aren't going to win any athleticism awards, so they have to use finesse and force. They impress me with how much they accomplish despite their physical limitations. They have to make it ugly (and slow) to win, otherwise, it's curtains for them. It will be interesting to see how Steve Kerr adjusts to how the Grizzlies played last night. They could either (a) pick up the pace offensively, or (b) go bigger with the lineup. Doing (b) might help to draw fouls on Gasol and Randolph if they dump it down in the paint some more. Either way, I think GSW needs to attack the basket more to maybe wear down Memphis and draw fouls on the bigs. Maybe (a) and (b) won't matter if the 'Splash Brothers' start splashin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    I think GSW needs to attack the basket more to maybe wear down Memphis and draw fouls on the bigs.

Yup.

Live by the three, die by the three.

They picked thangs up in the 4th when Klay took it to the hole either trans or in half set.

Big_Stacks said:
    LaserWolf said:

Hey LaserWolf,

Yep, the Grizzlies' big guys aren't going to win any athleticism awards, so they have to use finesse and force. They impress me with how much they accomplish despite their physical limitations.

Z-Bo can't jump over a sheet of paper and isn't particularly tall for a post player, yet he always gets his shot off. There's a dude who knows how to use angles, leverage, and momentum to the utmost.

batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    I think GSW needs to attack the basket more to maybe wear down Memphis and draw fouls on the bigs.

Yup.

They picked thangs up in the 4th when Klay took it to the hole either trans or in half set.

Memphis really did a great job clogging up the paint when a Warrior drove through the lane. And Tony Allen was locking 'em down at the perimeter.

"1st team all defense"

As others have said, the question is whether, GS can put it into another gear. I saw flashes of that from Curry and Draymond Green, but others were softbatch.

Cavs have 64 points at the half, Labron 22.

batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Yup.

Yeah, they were able to get Gasol in foul trouble early and get to the line but they abandoned that for quick bucket attempts thru iso and 3s. Not a characteristic game for them.

Someone mentioned that David Lee has one of the highest salaries on the team and is utterly useless for the most part. Wish they had tried to trade him but I guess nobody was biting.

Yo,

Blake is beastin'!!! He is becoming a playoff stud this year. Sayin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

JonnyPaycheck said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Yup.

Yeah, they were able to get Gasol in foul trouble early and get to the line but they abandoned that for quick bucket attempts thru iso and 3s. Not a characteristic game for them.

Someone mentioned that David Lee has one of the highest salaries on the team and is utterly useless for the most part. Wish they had tried to trade him but I guess nobody was biting.

about David Lee. Straight garbage!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Jesus, talk about a front-runner!

yuichi said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Jesus, talk about a front-runner!

Going to the basket is a beautiful thing when you're big and athletic: points or free throws (maybe even 3-point plays). He is playing playoff style, bout fuckin' time!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Clips are blowing it. Awful possession a few seconds ago!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Here comes Austin Rivers! ... Oh....

DJ_Enki said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yes, that was atrocious! He's the 'go-to' guy in that situation, really? Anatomy of poor execution down the stretch. It loses ball games.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yes, that was atrocious! He's the 'go-to' guy in that situation, really? Anatomy of poor execution down the stretch. It loses ball games.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

He's just doing like he said: Running sets that Chris Paul can't run.

Chicago wins again.
    Cavs fail to impress.

I was clowning Austin Rivers last game, but now I've gotta give credit where credit is due: He pretty much delivered the KO punch in the 3rd quarter this game.

LaserWolf said:
    Chicago wins again.
    Cavs fail to impress.

Hey LaserWolf,

Chicago was the best team in the East all season, sans their injury woes. Cleveland can't beat them with or without Love. The Bulls have a much better lineup. The Cavs are toast. Bron Bron's one-on-one offense is not a winning strategy. I questioned the Cav's championship prospects all season long.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

DJ_Enki said:
    I was clowning Austin Rivers last game, but now I've gotta give credit where credit is due: He pretty much delivered the KO punch in the 3rd quarter this game.

Hey DJ Enki,

Yes what you said along with Houston's miserable defense. I said they were suspect all season long. The Rockets lack championship level execution. They're done.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Chicago wins again.
    Cavs fail to impress.

Hey LaserWolf,

Chicago was the best team in the East all season, sans their injury woes. Cleveland can't beat them with or without Love. The Bulls have a much better lineup. The Cavs are toast. Bron Bron's one-on-one offense is not a winning strategy. I questioned the Cav's championship prospects all season long.

If Kyrie is injured, and LeBron has to go HAM every game to win, its not a good look.
    JR.Smith & Slumpert will need to add more than three point bombing.
    To be fair LeBron was dishing out to his team, but had way too many turnovers.
    It took a LUCK shot for Chicago to win. It wasnt some decisive beat down like what Cleveland did in Game 2.

I just want Rose to hold up and not break down like Irving, Wall & Paul.

Big_Stacks said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Hey DJ Enki,

Yes what you said along with Houston's miserable defense. I said they were suspect all season long. The Rockets lack championship level execution. They're done.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

to be fair, neither of those teams are playing a whole helluva lot of defense. shit is on some downright Rucker/Globetrotters ish at times.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Wow, some super exciting games in the last couple of days, but I kinda dislike these lucky bank shot winners.

The Troof

batmon said:
    The Troof

Yep!!! Didn't I say that Atlanta was suspect months ago? Sayin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak