Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Toronto with Mavs second

But Rajon Rondo played one of the greatest passive-aggressive games in history!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    Who has underwhelmed you so far?

First round as usual, no major surprises.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If Clipps win there will be 8 teams with goose eggs.
    A few of those teams will win game 3.

Blazers showed a little bit of fire tonight.
    But Grizz shut Lillard down and walked away with it.

Kaman was added to the injured list and did not play.

Parker's leg is done--dude can't put up a proper jumper. Spurs will not be repeating this year without him. Bummer. I still want them to at least beat the Clippers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Spurs-Clippers was what playoff basketball was all about. After getting whipped the Spurs came back even though it took overtime to do it.

motown67 said:
    Spurs-Clippers was what playoff basketball was all about. After getting whipped the Spurs came back even though it took overtime to do it.

Tim fucking Duncan. 28-11-4 a few days before his 39th birthday, then like, "Yeah, I sucked in the 4th quarter."

Am I the only one that thinks something is odd about D Rose making such a quick comeback and being able to move without a hitch?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    :face_melt:.........

Pellies learning how tough it is to close out a playoff game. They had this shit well in hand, then decided to stop rebounding or taking smart shots.

DJ_Enki said:
    Pellies learning how tough it is to close out a playoff game. They had this shit well in hand, then decided to stop rebounding or taking smart shots.

Their half court is terrible.

Learning experience

batmon said:
    :face_melt:.........

So pissed I'm missing this. Teams like this don't come around often.

I keep beating a dead horse but you can enjoy this, and still get with fundamentals. really, it's okay.

39 in the fourth. fuck outta here. really, who else does that shit?

batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Their half court is terrible.

Learning experience

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    But Rajon Rondo played his last game as a Mav and needs to go finish his career in China with Starbury!

Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    But Rajon Rondo played his last game as a Mav and needs to go finish his career in China with Starbury!

System didn't work for him I guess. Kobe would still love for him to become a Laker.

Didn't Lamar go to Dallas and essentially end his career too? lol

yuichi said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

System didn't work for him I guess. Kobe would still love for him to become a Laker.

Didn't Lamar go to Dallas and essentially end his career too? lol

Lamar was happy in LA, and didnt want to leave.
    Rondo and The Celtics had run its course, so he tried Dallas out. But he's not fucking w/ the Coach call the plays shit. Kidd didnt like that shit either, but didnt act out like a bitch on the court.
    Im a big Carlyle fan and he has been successful but I wonder if its time to turn down the micro-managing.

For all those that were liking J. Crossover. 1-11. J.J. Redick 2-7.

As I suspected, the Clips outdid themselves in that game 1. 110% effort. The end may be near..

What an emotional win for the Clippers. Them dudes are playing with so much heart.
    BG32 being a monster.

Game 7 at Staples.

and

Mayweather Pacquaio??

damn son.

Why so quiet here?

LaserWolf said:
    Why so quiet here?

Typically happens when everyone's team loses.

Go Warriors. Easy series, unless Conley gets back with the quickness.

Blazers are out, but I am still trying to follow.
    Yeah, people were talking about Griz, SAS and ATL being the tops.
    I'm not sure if they really believed it, or just didn't want to accept GSW's dominance.
    Griz are still in, but they aint going no where.

I think Clippers Golden State might be a good series.

Baller supreme.

And no, Harden did not win MVP.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Why so quiet here?

Typically happens when everyone's team loses.

Go Warriors. Easy series, unless Conley gets back with the quickness.

Hey Yuichi,

Never that, son!!! I'm hardly the type to begrudge another's good fortune. I didn't see Game 1 of the Grizzlies vs. Warriors because I was working all weekend to meet a deadline for finishing a research paper. I only took a break to watch Mayweather vs. Pacquiao as the wife and I were invited to a neighbor's fight party. Thus, I was not in a position to comment on the game. I will be tuning in tonight, so I'll have plenty to say after this one. On another note, I will say that it was me who was skeptical about Toronto and Atlanta all year and received my share of hazing for it. Just sayin'. Titles are not won on the perimeter, as it seems that the Clippers, to their benefit, have finally figured out. Griffin needs to take his big ass inside and pressure the defense. They looked great against the Spurs, gotta tip my hat to them.

Regarding GSW, they have a high probability of reaching the Western Conference Finals (always thought this, by the way). The question, for me, has been can they win it and reach the finals. I'd have to be a complete idiot not to acknowledge the team's talent which I did in all my comments (check the transcripts). Yet, the team has never gone that far, so the issue has been can they handle the moment. We may soon find out. I can't get on the bandwagon for them beating the 8th seed, though, as they're supposed to spank them (which further makes me question the Hawks, given their problems with BK). My feelings will likely change if they roll over Memphis which, of course, remains to be seen (gotta get Conley back, or we're done). Then again, the Clippers are looking good right now if they can get Chris Paul back on the court. I've also been surprised by Houston, especially by their 'others' such as Josh Smith and Corey Brewer. They have put some thangs together, so I don't expect the Clippers to walk over them. That's going to be a good series.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm not sure Conley coming back will help the Griz. They just got overwhelmed in Game 1 at multiple positions and that was with Randolph and Gasol scored 41 in the paint.

Griz crushed the Blazers in their first 2, but then struggled in the next 3 losing one.

And the Blazers were a pale shadow of the team they had once been.

Grizz aint nothing and they aint going nowhere.

Conley is going to play in tonight's game so lets see what he's able to bring.

Conley definitely had an impact when he was on the floor.

First big test for GS. Grizzlies are pushing the action on 'em.

Klay is no where in sight. etc.

GS down 14, I'm heading to bed.
    Klay, Curry both capable of scoring 30+ in 4th.