'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:
    James responds well the game after a loss. I expect Miami to win another and wont be shocked if they win it all.

Without question..

wont be shocked, you idiot.

questionable but no question

Im gettin' mad Mark Jackson vibes from you son.

BIG TIME MOVE BY A LEGENDARY SOULSTRUT POASTER.

NO QUESTIONABLE

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pop just completely toyed with Spo.

• kawhi Leonard's statline while guarding te best player in the world is MVP calibre.

SAS put all 13 players on the point sheet.

AAArena clears out early twice in a row. There are no heat fans, just people in heat shirts.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

AAArena clears out early twice in a row. There are no heat fans, just people in heat shirts.

Cosign.

Plus, this shirt nonsense creeps me out.

Can I say that the Blazers gave SA more trouble than the Heat?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    kawhi Leonard's statline while guarding te best player in the world is MVP calibre...

100% agree. Once it was apparent that the Spurs were going to be the team to face teh Heat in the finals, I thought "man, the Heat already have their number...it's (basically) the same squad they've beaten before just older"....how totally wrong I was on that.

I've been watching this whole series being blown away by Kawhi. The crazy shit is that shutting him down won't necessarily mean a W for the opposing team...everyone is playing so well together right now.

I honestly haven't been following Kawhi at all since before this series and the previous one for the Spurs...dude averages 12.8 ppg 6.2 rpg and 2 assists....seems like legit role player numbers...did anyone on the Strut see this coming (regarding Leonard's current performances)?

I was trying to search through previous pages on this thread to see if any Strutters were talking about how good this guy could be and I wasn't able to find much except for the last few pages....so, who saw this coming on the Strut?...I know someone must've been singing this dude's praises before the whole world saw how good he was.

• he was a monster in the playoffs last year too, you may have to go back to that thread to see anything like that.... to be totally honest, he struggled during the regular season this year.... not that he was a liability, just that he appeared more...... human. and on top of that, playing for pop doesn't really make your per game stats look so hot... this is the team that used over 25 starting lineups throughout the season and still finished with 60+ wins.

• I've always been surprised yuichi didn't stan him harder, since kawhi was a big part of that SDst Cinderella run in march madness a couple years ago.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    I've always been surprised yuichi didn't stan him harder, since kawhi was a big part of that SDst Cinderella run in march madness a couple years ago.

Well...what brand of shoes does he wear, tho?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    JectWon said:
    ...did anyone on the Strut see this coming (regarding Leonard's current performances)?

Common knowledge down here in Texas. He's basically being given the keys to the franchise, to bridge it from the waning Duncan-Parker-Ginobli era. His athleticism is off the charts. A little more fine tuning over the next couple of seasons and rings shall continue falling like rain.

• :oh_my:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Am I the only one watching the finals?

I have to root for SAS. They beat my Blazers, and it's nice to loose to the best team in the NBA. I also prefer their style of team play over Miami's style of individual superstar play.

Though I have to admit that Miami is playing pretty good team D. They know how to defend the pick roll, something Portland needs to learn.

b/w

SAS had a pretty good first half yesterday.

Great game last night, and it was nice to see Kawhi Leonard come out of hiding. As long as the Spurs move the ball like they did last night (and throughout most of the playoffs), no team on earth (including the Heat) can beat them. I say the Spurs will seal it either 4-1 or 4-2 at the most. Charles Barkley's taunts about 'those old geezers' are going down in flames. I hope he enjoys the crow he'll have to eat after the Spurs seal the deal.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Well? The Heat can't match the Spurs' superior execution offensively (and defensively). Kawhi Leonard's defense of Lebron James has effectively eliminated his facilitating ability on offense. Without it, the 'others' (e.g., Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, etc.) can't get good (open) shots, hence the Heat's low team shooting percentage. Gregg Popovich is a genius!!! This series is a wrap!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I dont see Lenard becoming a superstar.

Dude is too shy, is still rocking unkept country-ass braids circa 1998, and Pop's system isnt gonna let him get above 20ppg.

batmon said:

Dude is too shy, is still rocking unkept country-ass braids circa 1998, and Pop's system isnt gonna let him get above 20ppg.

He will be a non-star in the style of David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

He will be a non-star in the style of David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

David Robinson is a Dream Team Superstar.
    Duncan is 2 time MVP

Please dont tell me you got this kid after ONE series where he was ghost for 2 games as a Superstar already?

He looks pretty good to me.

But I think you are right. Defense is too much a part of his game for him ever to be a superstar.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    There are no heat fans, just people in heat shirts.

Worst "fans" in professional sports by far. Case in point.

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

Duncan is 2 time MVP

Please dont tell me you got this kid after ONE series where he was ghost for 2 games as a Superstar already?

Change. Embrace it, homie. And that includes country shit coming back in a big way. You city folks been holding the mantle for a minute and we have grown mighty bored with your clean-cut shopping lists.

Leonard isn't done developing. I'm saying, give him a year or 2 with some of his HOF teammates sent to pasture and he will be just fine grasping the reigns.

Plus, for the first time since George Gervin, people in general want to like a Spurs player.

HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

Duncan is 2 time MVP

Change. Embrace it, homie. And that includes country shit coming back in a big way. You city folks been holding the mantle for a minute and we have grown mighty bored with your clean-cut shopping lists.

Leonard isn't done developing. I'm saying, give him a year or 2 with some of his HOF teammates sent to pasture and he will be just fine grasping the reigns.

Plus, for the first time since George Gervin, people in general want to like a Spurs player.

Harvey you cant seriously ride for dudes braids. Thats some worse than Westbrook steez.
    Niggas wore braids in the Detroit vs Lakers Finals. Country Ass A.I. and the rest of the back county millionaires cut that shit minutes ago.
    Dude isnt even keepin his shit tight....im nitpicking BUT......
    At least these Retro-Flattop fools come up in the gym with they shit somewhat hooked up.

I see him getting no bigger than a James Harden, but to think by the time Ginobli, and the rest leave, he's gonna be a Superstar...is some gamblin' shit. All-Star yes......I'd say his peak will be a Level B Star like Paul George who despite what the NBA tries to hype up isnt on the same level as Durant and LeBron.

batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

Duncan is 2 time MVP

Harvey you cant seriously ride for dudes braids. Thats some worse than Westbrook steez.
    Niggas wore braids in the Detroit vs Lakers Finals. Country Ass A.I. and the rest of the back county millionaires cut that shit minutes ago.
    Dude isnt even keepin his shit tight....im nitpicking BUT......
    At least these Retro-Flattop fools come up in the gym with they shit somewhat hooked up.

I see him getting no bigger than a James Harden, but to think by the time Ginobli, and the rest leave, he's gonna be a Superstar...is some gamblin' shit. All-Star yes......I'd say his peak will be a Level B Star like Paul George who despite what the NBA tries to hype up isnt on the same level as Durant and LeBron.

It's not so much the braids themselves. It could be a busted afro or jheri curls all the same. In each instance, it's the not taking the time to make sure he fits into the current box of fashion that I admire. And yes, that's mad country...in a good way, to me.

Just heard someone on the radio pointing out that for the past 2 games Leonard has been the best player on the court by far. Yes, that's only a 2-game sample size, but how many HOF-ers is he besting with that?

We'll see as far as his future. But at this point, it's looking mighty bright.

HarveyCanal said:
    We'll see as far as his future. But at this point, it's looking mighty bright.

I agree....

b/w

Mama still braids they hair......in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

vintageinfants said:
    I've always been surprised yuichi didn't stan him harder, since kawhi was a big part of that SDst Cinderella run in march madness a couple years ago.

Didn't go to SDSU...went to UCSD.

But shit, I was pulling for them in the tournament this year.

As expected, most ride AFTER the fact. He's built like Ron Artest, and sort of plays both sides like him too. Respect. But I'm not all "HE'S GOING TO BE A SUPERSTAR" steez like these other clones.

batmon said:

woah, we actually agree on something.

But I dig the braids look. Dude looks like a G. Better than some ironic high-top fade or some other cute lil do.

RE: Batmon
    That's Good.

Indiana drafted Lenard and gave him up for *cough* George Hill.

• boris diaw is leading the NBA finals in assists.

Ball Movement > Foot Speed
    Spacing > Athleticism

batmon said:
    Ball Movement > Foot Speed
    Spacing > Athleticism

always. very few that emphasize this though, especially at the pro level...

yuichi said:
    Andrew Wiggins...definitely not short on athleticism.

yes