'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Danny Green heating up.

SAS/Miami, let's see it.

I think I'm not alone, as Motown I believe also suggested that OKC's athleticism will give SAS problems. I think I've forgetten also that this is not the triple threat (guns blazing) OKC team that had Harden....THAT team gave 'em problems.

I'll be rooting heavily for SAS, but they won't be able to do it without a healthy Parker.....

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Am I the only one watching the finals?

I have to root for SAS. They beat my Blazers, and it's nice to loose to the best team in the NBA. I also prefer their style of team play over Miami's style of individual superstar play.

Though I have to admit that Miami is playing pretty good team D. They know how to defend the pick roll, something Portland needs to learn.

b/w

SAS had a pretty good first half yesterday.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Am I the only one watching the finals?

I have to root for SAS. They beat my Blazers, and it's nice to loose to the best team in the NBA. I also prefer their style of team play over Miami's style of individual superstar play.

Though I have to admit that Miami is playing pretty good team D. They know how to defend the pick roll, something Portland needs to learn.

b/w

SAS had a pretty good first half yesterday.

Great game last night, and it was nice to see Kawhi Leonard come out of hiding. As long as the Spurs move the ball like they did last night (and throughout most of the playoffs), no team on earth (including the Heat) can beat them. I say the Spurs will seal it either 4-1 or 4-2 at the most. Charles Barkley's taunts about 'those old geezers' are going down in flames. I hope he enjoys the crow he'll have to eat after the Spurs seal the deal.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Miami will respond in Game 4.

batmon said:

Questionable.

Chalmers is way under-performing, and he was one of the main guys in years past. Battie and Haslem have slowed down considerably.

And old-timers Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are getting a lot of minutes.....I believe it's time for the big thee to put up 83 combined.

Boris Diaw looked out of shape at the beginning of the season, and now dude is really ballin'. He's moved into the perfect system it seems.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Questionable.

Chalmers is way under-performing, and he was one of the main guys in years past. Battie and Haslem have slowed down considerably.

And old-timers Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are getting a lot of minutes.....I believe it's time for the big thee to put up 83 combined.

Boris Diaw looked out of shape at the beginning of the season, and now dude is really ballin'. He's moved into the perfect system it seems.

So you got The Spurs winning the the next two?

Im not gonna jump to conclusions, even if i want SA to win.

SA gets both games in Miami??

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

I agree but would not be shocked if last night wound up being a dagger in the Heat's heart.

It was men against boys for 60 minutes.....Spurs won't shoot like that again but damn did the Heat look lost out there.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I have the series going to 6 or 7 games. I'm rooting for San Antonio as well. I love their ball movement. I can never under estimate James however and the Heat could very well win the series. I think ultimately it is two very well matched teams and either can become champion. There is no clear cut advantage one team has against the other hence Miami's win in Game 2 in San Antonio.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    James responds well the game after a loss. I expect Miami to win another and wont be shocked if they win it all.

motown67 said:
    I have the series going to 6 or 7 games. I'm rooting for San Antonio as well. I love their ball movement. I can never under estimate James however and the Heat could very well win the series. I think ultimately it is two very well matched teams and either can become champion. There is no clear cut advantage one team has against the other hence Miami's win in Game 2 in San Antonio.

thank you

• melo wants to go to miami.

now all they have to do is sign darko and they'll have all 5 top picks from 2003.

If i was Melo i'd get the fuck outta NY.

They couldnt get wack-ass Kerr so they get wack-ass Fisher.
    These role playing PGs are Scott Brooks, Vinny Del Negro, and Scott Skiles all over again.

When the triange is working its a beautiful thang,
    But I wanna see a Triangle team w/out Kobe/Shaq/Gasol/Odom or Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Grant/Kukoc/Harper get to the second round of the Playoffs.

Jim Cleamons didnt do shit in Dallas.

I wanna see Phil's Professor X/Pat Riley behind the scenes mastermind steez work through Fisher/Spo and see how far they go w/ out a Superstar.

Or will Melo at this stage wanna be giving up shot attempts alongside JR Smith and Bargnani in a Triangle?
    Jordan (Triangle Bail Out Player) I think, was convinced at an earlier age to trust his teammates to make the Tri work.
    I wouldnt place my money on Melo wanting re-shape his game and wait for the Knicks to rebuild the roster to execute the Triangle.
    Yet he might just STFU and get paid.

As far as Melo to Miami....I dont see it. Bosh would have to go and a couple of other dudes.
    Can they afford the Big 3 and Melo? And will all those old dudes still be around in 3 years?
    They have no young upcoming future talent. Who is their Kawai Lenard?
    Pat Riley isnt that dumb to be on some only win now!! and fuck our future....or is he?
    I did hear Bosh would take a pay cut.

LaserWolf said:
    James responds well the game after a loss. I expect Miami to win another and wont be shocked if they win it all.

Without question.

But SAS just looks hungrier, and they have their systems in place. Someone else besides the big three has got to step up....in years past, it was Haslem or Battie or Miller or Chalmers. "Energy guy" if you will.

it'll go game 6/7 because they're evenly matched, and because it'll create more revenue.

Wade/Bron/Bosh take shots, but they have discipline and good court awareness. Can't say the same about Melo. I don't see how he fits into this current roster.

And how about Dan Gilbert's desperation to hire a good coach? 80Mil for Calipari? With hopes to entice Bron to return to Cleveland? lol This is a joke. Mark Jackson? Come on man.

I do think Kerr or Fisher is going to make a good coach in the long run. Sure, there's a steep learning curve but they have the rings to prove it, and first-hand experience running with stars. I think most can respect that.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Wade/Bron/Bosh take shots, but they have discipline and good court awareness. Can't say the same about Melo. I don't see how he fits into this current roster.

That's why I want him to go to Miami. He will ruin that team.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Melo should just join the Globetrotters already.

DJ_Enki said:
    yuichi said:

That's why I want him to go to Miami. He will ruin that team.

haha.

yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:

Without question..

"Questionable" when I said Miami will respond......

"Without question" James/Miami responds??

ESL vs RIF??

Child, read my entire post. You might learn something.

Series is over.

Only way Miami is winning is if they shoot up steroids for game 5. they have no mojo. credit SAS's defense in that first half though, they will swarming the shit out of Miami with their team defense.

batmon said:

Questionable.

SONNED.

I really do hope Mark Jackson gets the job with Cleveland. Its a toss up between who is worse on air, his corny ass or Simmon's complete gruel.

Rockadelic said:
    damn did the Heat look lost out there.

yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:

Without question..

GETTING CARMELO IS NOT THE ANSWER

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:

Without question..

wont be shocked, you idiot.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:

Without question..

questionable but no question

SDSU represent.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    LaserWolf said:

Without question..

questionable but no question

Im gettin' mad Mark Jackson vibes from you son.

BIG TIME MOVE BY A LEGENDARY SOULSTRUT POASTER.

Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:
    damn did the Heat look lost out there.

'04 Lakers sound about right. Would have rather have seen a great series like last year though..