'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Bulls beat Pacers to square season series at 2-2, each team's wins on their home floor, but you can just feel the world closing in on Indiana. Batmon's boys best right that ship, and soon. They might lose home court!

Like i said before...we cant score......and Paul George is going thru a scoring slump cause he got a stripper preggo.

In the end, even if we get past the first two rounds ,and luckily beat the slumping Heat, we aint gonna beat OKC or the Spurs.

Were not ready for the whole shit.

George Hill is a shooting guard playing PG and cant penetrate.

Hibbert isnt the improved low post threat that he was growing into last year.

The one X-factor is a healthy Bynum, but I dont see his ass playing three consecutive Playoff series.

I dont see us losing homecourt though.

Teams arent beating us...were turning the ball over (still) and we have no guaranteed scorer.

This is the CURSE OF DANNY GRANGER........mark my words.

• batmon said:

Like i said before...we cant score......and Paul George is going thru a scoring slump cause he got a stripper preggo.

[removed][removed]

This is the CURSE OF DANNY GRANGER........mark my words.

• yuichi said:
    Also, I'd take Kyrie Irving over Chris Paul.

It's not a 3 on 3. It's a 5 on 5.

(+/-)
    chris paul: +8.3
    kyrie erving: -3.4

just face the fact that you fall for gimmicks and flashy street play and we'll all move forward

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    Also, I'd take Kyrie Irving over Chris Paul.

It's not a 3 on 3. It's a 5 on 5.

(+/-)
    chris paul: +8.3
    kyrie erving: -3.4

just face the fact that you fall for gimmicks and flashy street play and we'll all move forward

If numbers tell the whole story, how many experts would we have?

Trust me, you are not nearly on my level. CP ain't winning shit. CP and Melo. That's like a 55 win game season with 2 round elimination written all over it.

yuichi said:
    ain't winning shit.

So your irrelevant w/out a ring?

• yuichi said:

Trust me, you are not nearly on my level. .

LOL AT 2ND ROUND EXIT BEING WORSE THAN MISSING THE PLAYOFFS IN THE WORST YEAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE.

and me not being on your level is the funniest thing i'll read this week, thanks for that.

you:

me:

I can understand Melo not "winning", but to place CP at that same table as Melo is perplexing.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Unfortunately for Oden his best looking future is to be a career back-up role player on a team for a few years. Worse is that his body can't even take that limited wear and tear and he gets hurt again and is out of the NBA for good.

Neither CP nor Melo would work well in a Triangle.

You give either of them, the squads Kobe had, and i don't see them winning the title.

I don't see a championship-caliber team being built around either of these dudes. Like I said "Finals appearance"? sure. "Also ran, while getting 20 and 10"? sure. Relevance? all day..

• yuichi said:

You give either of them, the squads Kobe had, and i don't see them winning the title.

I don't see a championship-caliber team being built around either of these dudes. Like I said "Finals appearance"? sure. "Also ran, while getting 20 and 10"? sure. Relevance? all day..

but you DO see a championship team being built around kyrie erving?

:lush:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Are people saying that now that PJ is in the front office they will be running a triangle offense?

LaserWolf said:
    Are people saying that now that PJ is in the front office they will be running a triangle offense?

He would have to hire a Triangle disciple first.

Kerr is free. And Jim Cleamons might be available. Shaw is tied up.

I dont think NY has the talent to start working on the Triangle in the off-season.

But no it not some official declaration.

I'd wait till the 2015/16 season when they have the space to make real changes and see it its worth it.

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Sure. I just know for a fact, CP is not the guy, so I threw his name out there. He is nice and level-headed. You don't need a Kobe Bryant at the PG position.

yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Sure. I just know for a fact, CP is not the guy, so I threw his name out there. He is nice and level-headed. You don't need a Kobe Bryant at the PG position.

So u rep LAC, but dont have faith in CP?

Please 2 Explain?

Theyll go deep in Griffen goes bonkers?

• this might be the greatest basketball highlight i've seen in years

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

So u rep LAC, but dont have faith in CP?

Please 2 Explain?

Theyll go deep in Griffen goes bonkers?

I don't rep LAC. Although I would root for them if they are going against a clear heavyweight, aka OKC or Miami.

CP is adequate. Blake has to go absolutely nuts, along with Reddick, Barnes, Jordan for them to have a shot.

If you guys have watched any amount of Clipper games, you will realize that it doesn't seem coincidence that CP is "letting go of the rock" and having it move to others.......Maybe Doc is emphasizing something? Very likely.

Unfortunately, CP moves around, waits his turn to get open again, gets the rock on the perimeter, does his shuffle....same shit, with just less time on the clock.

For vintageinfants, i'm sure you know the phase "two man game". Paul is a master of this. So was Kobe in attempting to "get his teammates involved". Only he was fortunate to be a dominant 6'7" scoring guard, and had a good passing big man (Pau), plenty of clean-up guys and high IQ role players. Along with Bynum who'd make BIG plays down the stretch (put-backs notably).

The opposite of the "two man game" would be Steve Nash-era Suns. or Bibby-era Kings.

CP is ball hog or not? make up your mind.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I think we should all cut Yuichi some slack - what's happening with the Clippers has been tough for Laker fans. A friend in L.A. is like keeping a list of all the people switching sides.

Awesome Pacers-Heat game last night. Was that what the team needed to see at the end there from Evan Turner? Dude finding his way?

white_tea said:
    I think we should all cut Yuichi some slack - what's happening with the Clippers has been tough for Laker fans. A friend in L.A. is like keeping a list of all the people switching sides.

Fuck that slack shit. U ride for your fuckin team.

U cant talk shit and flop flop and jump on bandwagons. Thats bullshit.

Overnight Mets fans in 1986 are bullshit.

Pedro Martinez fans that rocked Boston Red Sox gear cannot rock Mets gear next year.

batmon said:
    And I like the Clippers, I just see their obvious limitations.

See what happened to the Clips once Chauncey got hurt last year. Chris Paul last minute heroics...

The bottom line is, do the pieces fit together? Ask the Blazers about that one. or the Knicks.
    It almost feels like the Clippers are overcompensating for previous year's failures and just overloading their roster....

Mark my word, if it works, it's because of Chauncey and/or Odom.

Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, D'Andre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe. Nice athletes but they are not a Chauncey or Lamar...They've won rings FYI.

Jamal Crawford = fool's gold

Clippers are not even close to legitimate contender status.

HOMER 5 months later.

• batmon said:

batmon said:

batmon said:

batmon said:

• yuichi said:

Not at all. lol I could care less.

by the way, the knowledge I dropped based on actual observation of Clipper games is not debate-able. It is from the G.O.D. Paul is a ball hog. End of story. Doc is trying to get that point across with much struggle i believe.

vintageinfants said:
    this might be the greatest basketball highlight i've seen in years

That dude is great. They actually win ball games with him and Kendall Marshall in the line-up. Entertaining without the pressure of playoff implications. lol

Batmon is trippin'. There were very few that believed Blake was gonna be this improved. and most of what I said still applies with the Clips. Plus, I said Blake is killin' now. How is this HOMER/BANDWAGON/OMG? You won't catch me with a Clippers jersey or game. Does this make sense?

There's a lot of improving players. I am merely stating that.

yuichi said:
    Batmon is trippin'. There were very few that believed Blake was gonna be this improved. and most of what I said still applies with the Clips. Plus, I said Blake is killin' now. How is this HOMER/BANDWAGON/OMG? You won't catch me with a Clippers jersey or game. Does this make sense?

Rock repped him a couple of years before you paid attention.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Rock repped him a couple of years before you paid attention.

I don't know what you mean by "repp". I said he was gonna be a good player out of college too. Just thought he had hit his limit these past few years, mainly because of the lack of a consistent J and reliable low-post moves. There are plenty smart people that will agree with me on this, particularly in Los Angeles. Please do your homework, you don't know the clippers as well as I do.

• yuichi said:

Not at all. lol I could care less.

by the way, the knowledge I dropped based on actual observation of Clipper games is not debate-able. It is from the G.O.D.

"You a Batmon alias or something? Fuck outta here tryna compensate your lack of knowledge with mpegs

Toronto, son? Really.