'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Once again proving that you clones know nothing about the game.

wow.

Vintage, Batmon and Yuichi...I propose yall play a 3 person game of 21 for King of SS NBA Threads...

Break from the top of the key. Break point if made is worth 1 point. Regular play points are worth 2 and 3. Clean up shots worth one...3 maximum cleanup shots only if previous cleanup shots made...no taps...gotta go out on 21 on the dot...can't miss the shot when you are at 20 or you go back to 15...person with the least amount of points has to buy a pair of Starburys and wear them the duration of the year.

You take all the fun of the game w/ all those rules.

Is it 21 basketball or a breathalyzer test?

Haha, how do you play it? I thought those were fairly standard.

Just win by two and everything else is good.

But wait...in 21. When you play you just keep playing? No clean up shots or anything? Every man for himself...and just keep shooting until someone gets to 21...win by 2...winners ball?

That's pretty cool.

the game ends when one of us goes off the rooftop from tryna slap backboard. that's word to nutso 'n em.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Chris Paul is officially my least favorite player now.

My opinion hasn't changed. Anybody that knows a lick will tell you CP3 does not move the ball. He is good in the clutch obviously. Got that Kobe mentality though. Control freak. If Clips do any damage in the playoffs, it's because Blake's improvement is the major factor.

• yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

My opinion hasn't changed. Anybody that knows a lick will tell you CP3 does not move the ball. He is good in the clutch obviously. Got that Kobe mentality though. Control freak. If Clips do any damage in the playoffs, it's because Blake's improvement is the major factor.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    I'm ready to see OKC vs Miami rematch.

I hope not. i dont see OKC in the West as the favorite this year.

DA,DADADADADAADA, BATMOOOOON.

Always droppin' that critical insight.

U got OKC over the Spurs?

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

That number is so misleading, cuz he has the ball in his hands like 75% of the time he's on the floor. This is a major gripe of mine with his play, because dribble/drive/pass to ONE guy is his style. The best basketball is played when the ball is moving, not when someone is dribbling in and out of traffic, stop and go, trying to create a shot for himself or for one teammate. It becomes predictable, and creates no flow in the offense.

Not coincidentally, Doug Collins said the same thing recently (one of the few times i heard critique of CP from ANYONE). And I don't think it was coincidence either that when CP returned from injury, the ball was out of the hands of him, and the ball was MOVING for about half a quarter...

I'd easily take Rondo or Parker in building a championship team.

Also with the depth that the clips have, if LAC doesn't make a deep playoff run this year, it's CP..........he hasn't done shit in the playoffs thus far. You can't be best PG in the league with that sort of resume.

Spurs @ 100% = OKC @ 95% = Miami @ 92%

As much as I liked rooting for the Spurs against Miami last year. And believe me i was rooting for them.....They just don't have the firepower to outhustle these younguns down the stretch. Without significant injuries (again), I think OKC is gonna make the finals. I'd like to see them in the finals. KD and Russ deserve it. Man, that dude Westbrook is erratic and an asshole in post-game interviews though! lol

yuichi said:

As much as I liked rooting for the Spurs against Miami last year. And believe me i was rooting for them.....They just don't have the firepower to outhustle these younguns down the stretch. Without significant injuries (again), I think OKC is gonna make the finals. I'd like to see them in the finals. KD and Russ deserve it. Man, that dude Westbrook is erratic and an asshole in post-game interviews though! lol

How does OKC deserve to go to the Finals when they went already?

And I cant stand when dudes say X deserves anything in sports.
    No one player or team deserves shit....you play to earn it, not because a fan base fantasizes or some entitlement.

Just sayin'.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

How does OKC deserve to go to the Finals when they went already?

And I cant stand when dudes say X deserves anything in sports.
    No one player or team deserves shit....you play to earn it, not because a fan base fantasizes or some entitlement.

Just sayin'.

Okay fine, it's Portland's turn to go! OkC went already! LOL LOL

Ever since I found out KD wears 35 for his mentor who died at that age, I been a fan of his.

No one player or team deserves shit....you play to earn it

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE D-1 CHAMP.

• yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

That number is so misleading, cuz he has the ball in his hands like 75% of the time he's on the floor. This is a major gripe of mine with his play, because dribble/drive/pass to ONE guy is his style. The best basketball is played when the ball is moving, not when someone is dribbling in and out of traffic, stop and go, trying to create a shot for himself or for one teammate. It becomes predictable, and creates no flow in the offense.

Not coincidentally, Doug Collins said the same thing recently (one of the few times i heard critique of CP from ANYONE). And I don't think it was coincidence either that when CP returned from injury, the ball was out of the hands of him, and the ball was MOVING for about half a quarter...

I'd easily take Rondo or Parker in building a championship team.

Also with the depth that the clips have, if LAC doesn't make a deep playoff run this year, it's CP..........he hasn't done shit in the playoffs thus far. You can't be best PG in the league with that sort of resume.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingTouches.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25

Doesn't that just further prove my point? He is UP there in terms of "touches per game" and "time of possession". That pretty much confirms what I actually see on TV.

Ever since Cliff Paul saved that goldfish, I always felt Chris Paul deserves a trip to the Finals.

Clown shoes appears again! haha. You're like Sebastian Telfair on the playgrounds of Coney Island. Doin' all kinds of tricks, but you ain't scored a bucket as far as dropping any real knowledge up in here.

So is it the Lakers, Spurs, OKC, or The Clippers? Or whomever is hot at the moment?

batmon said:
    So is it the Lakers, Spurs, OKC, or The Clippers? Or whomever is hot at the moment?

"Listen Spike, we're gonna have to tone down your colors first. It totally takes the players out of their Zen...I actually have a book for you..."

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I told y'all you can't sleep on Brooklyn!!! What? They have a long way to go, but they must be taken seriously in the first round of the playoffs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

I told y'all you can't sleep on Brooklyn!!! What? They have a long way to go, but they must be taken seriously in the first round of the playoffs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Haven't watched 'em at all, but i don't doubt that they turn out to be serious threats (if not already) to Miami's reign.

Gotta give credit to those vets, like Pierce and Nowitzki who are still playing at a very high level.

• the grantland series that has been following steve nash through what is LIKELY to be his last season has been absolutely sublime.

part 3

he drops nuclear amounts of realness at aroun the 6:00 mark.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word...Paul Pierce played really well, imo. He was smart, got his opponents pissed and drew some techs as a result, had some truly athletic drives to the bucket...it was fun to watch those dudes last night.

vintageinfants said:
    the grantland series that has been following steve nash through what is LIKELY to be his last season has been absolutely sublime.

part 3

Wow, man...wow. Thank you for sharing this. I love Grantland stuff.

• JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    the grantland series that has been following steve nash through what is LIKELY to be his last season has been absolutely sublime.

part 3

Wow, man...wow. Thank you for sharing this. I love Grantland stuff.

parts one and two are equally awesome, but despite nash's drive and outwardly STATING he doesn't want to retire, this whole thing kind of feels like the requiem to a great career.

JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word...Paul Pierce played really well, imo. He was smart, got his opponents pissed and drew some techs as a result, had some truly athletic drives to the bucket...it was fun to watch those dudes last night.

Basketball shorts are pretty thin...

Question is, are they lubricated?!

• yuichi said:
    Basketball shorts are pretty thin...

Question is, are they lubricated?!

"we know they have he talent to go the distance, but are they lubricated enough to get it done?".

i like it, it gets a pass.

and I'm widely accepted as the basketball expert on soulstrut.com

So um, what were you trying to say about Chris Paul?

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Whoops...meant ass'letic.

EDIT: Fwiw, it was the drive reverse pump fake at the 2:03 mark that made me think "Damn, Pierce still has some moves for a 36 year old vet"...now that I watch it minus a blunt and a beer...I'm kinda like "eh, it was pretty cool"....

Phil in NY is gonna be a total experiment. The man obviously knows basketball, but all hinges on whether or not, he can persuade the owner to get what he wants: An adequate coach, adequate assistants, adequate players that don't have a history of unprofessional attitude. All starts from the top, true.

yuichi said:
    Phil in NY is gonna be a total experiment. The man obviously knows basketball, but all hinges on whether or not, he can persuade the owner to get what he wants: An adequate coach, adequate assistants, adequate players that don't have a history of unprofessional attitude. All starts from the top, true.

New York Fucked:

Pat Riley
    Don Nelson
    Lenny Wilkins
    Larry Brown
    Isiah Thomas

Great basketball dudes

Jeff Van Gundy, Don Chaney, Mike Woodson, and D'Antoni are good dudes in their own right.

Unless the are ready to start from scratch, I dont see Jackson making shit happen as fast as NYC dumb fans and media hypes them up to.

As long as they think they are above rebuilding like EVERY OTHER FRANCHISE has done. Shit will not end up right.

Shit...Muthafuckin Donne Walsh got the ship right, and they still FUCKED themselves by rushing Melo's arrival.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

New York Fucked:

Pat Riley
    Don Nelson
    Lenny Wilkins
    Larry Brown
    Isiah Thomas

Great basketball dudes

Jeff Van Gundy, Don Chaney, Mike Woodson, and D'Antoni are good dudes in their own right.

Unless the are ready to start from scratch, I dont see Jackson making shit happen as fast as NYC dumb fans and media hypes them up to.

As long as they think they are above rebuilding like EVERY OTHER FRANCHISE has done. Shit will not end up right.

Shit...Muthafuckin Donne Walsh got the ship right, and they still FUCKED themselves by rushing Melo's arrival.

I agree with everything you've said here.

THIS is everything.

What about Linsanity? You gotta admit that was a magical 10 or 15 games for the city. It was team ball. I could have cared less if he was Asian. The movement of the ball, and the chemistry he had with Landry Fields, Tyson Chandler. They should have kept that by any means necessary. If that meant having Melo come off the bench or paying Lin an extra 10 mil....