'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    paul george is starting to believe his own hype at indiana's peril. i saw him give up possessions on iso plays and then just stand there while the warriors went the other way for buckets. i can forgive a player for a LOT of things, but quitting isn't one of them. i wanted a lot for paul george because it was obvious the talent was there, he's just dogging too many trips down the floor early in the game and on more of a carmelo path of leadership right now, and that should worry pacer fans.

That's way too dramatic (as usual) a critique.

He has the green light to shoot and gets plenty of assists for his team.

They dont have a classic playmaker so PG, Stephenson, and now Turner are the playmakers.
    Or they let run the ball through West above the foul line. Hill cant distribute on a high level for shit.

George is far from some Carmelo Anthony type of leadership. Thats nonsense.
    Melo is a natural scorer who doesnt make his teammates better.

George shut Curry out of the second half, got rebounds, steals, and assists.

Dude is still learning how to play-maker and still tends to force his game or fall back on an fade away jumper.
    And that decision making is what was really killing us last year. The turnovers are ridiculous.

But becoming some selfish Iso- shooter that doesnt make his teammates better is not PG.
    Not with Larry Bird and David West around.
    Are team ball is way too strong to NOW have him become some pampered over-hyped 1st round draft pick, that's needs to be the hero every game.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    paul george is starting to believe his own hype at indiana's peril. i saw him give up possessions on iso plays and then just stand there while the warriors went the other way for buckets. i can forgive a player for a LOT of things, but quitting isn't one of them. i wanted a lot for paul george because it was obvious the talent was there, he's just dogging too many trips down the floor early in the game and on more of a carmelo path of leadership right now, and that should worry pacer fans.

They dont have a classic playmaker so PG, Stephenson, and now Turner are the playmakers.
    Or they let run the ball through West above the foul line. Hill cant distribute on a high level for shit.

Dude is still learning how to play-maker and still tends to force his game or fall back on an fade away jumper.
    And that decision making is what was really killing us last year. The turnovers are ridiculous.

But becoming some selfish Iso- shooter that doesnt make his teammates better is not PG.
    Are team ball is way too strong to NOW have him become some pampered over-hyped 1st round draft pick, that's needs to be the hero every game.

i dont mind the ISO at all, and i have no problem with putting up shots to score for your team, but standing in the key having a chat with refs while the other team goes the other way and scores is unforgivable and goes against what any team is trying to accomplish. you dont have to be scottie pippen or gary payton, but at least try to to get it up to a jog.

JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    Dragic....what do yall think about him?

Is he worth building a team around? I feel like dude is doing very well but I don't know if he should be considered the future of any squad. I'm rooting for dude, though...he can be super fun to watch.

He's not a franchise player, but he's a starter for sure for a deep playoff team once this roster gels and gets tweaked.
    Phoenix has a great future. And im glad to see them properly rebuild after the last Playoff team got broken.

They need a decent big and its wrap.

It good to see Gerald Green who was a knucklehead years ago remix his career.

Jeff Hornacek = Coach of the Yeah.

I agree with all of this. What do you think about Tyson Chandler as their big man?

Chandler got paid well for beating the small-ball Miami Heat when he was in Dallas year ago.
    He got his 6'10" ass handed to him in the Playoff last year. and exposed as a PF disguised as a Center.

If i was Phoenix i would try to get a younger dude. Chandler is not gonna be a threat in two to three seasons when the team is going deep consistently.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Chandler got paid well for beating the small-ball Miami Heat when he was in Dallas year ago.
    He got his 6'10" ass handed to him in the Playoff last year. and exposed as a PF disguised as a Center.

If i was Phoenix i would try to get a younger dude. Chandler is not gonna be a threat in two to three seasons when the team is going deep consistently.

Agreed 100%

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

i dont mind the ISO at all, and i have no problem with putting up shots to score for your team, but standing in the key having a chat with refs while the other team goes the other way and scores is unforgivable and goes against what any team is trying to accomplish. you dont have to be scottie pippen or gary payton, but at least try to to get it up to a jog.

Dont see that once or twice and proclaim thats what his game is or will become.
    What star doesnt complain to the refs or fake jogs back and complains to the refs?
    Shit is not really a big deal.

They didnt lose due to that.
    It was tied up and Thompson made a shot over the smaller defender.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Not completely sold on Paul George, even though he is good. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he is only 23years of age, and Indy's game is team ball.

Lot of teams that started off nice are slowing down....Not Miami.

Lakers got two bad Mike's in a row for a coach. No more Mikes.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Not completely sold on Paul George, even though he is good. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he is only 23years of age, and Indy's game is team ball.

Hey Yuichi,

I think that Paul George is the real deal, he just needs to find his way. Regarding the playoff chase, I see a lot of teams whose style of play does not lend itself well for winning a championship (e.g., LA Clippers, Golden State, Portland, Philly, Toronto, Wizards, etc.). These clubs are strong on the offensive end, but don't play sufficiently strong team defense. The real contenders are, not surprisingly, Miami, Indiana, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City. As a sleeper, I think Brooklyn could overachieve in the East if they can tighten up the defense a bit, and D-Will rediscovers his game.

Regarding the Lakers, they just keep picking the wrong type of coach. They need a coach whose philosophy focuses on a more balanced offensive and defensive attack. D'Antoni's run-and-gun attack will never garner a ring, irrespective of where he is coaching.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• someone light a candle for the lakers at mass tomorrow.

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Hey Yuichi,

I think that Paul George is the real deal, he just needs to find his way. Regarding the playoff chase, I see a lot of teams whose style of play does not lend itself well for winning a championship (e.g., LA Clippers, Golden State, Portland, Philly, Toronto, Wizards, etc.). These clubs are strong on the offensive end, but don't play sufficiently strong team defense. The real contenders are, not surprisingly, Miami, Indiana, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City. As a sleeper, I think Brooklyn could overachieve in the East if they can tighten up the defense a bit, and D-Will rediscovers his game.

Regarding the Lakers, they just keep picking the wrong type of coach. They need a coach whose philosophy focuses on a more balanced offensive and defensive attack. D'Antoni's run-and-gun attack will never garner a ring, irrespective of where he is coaching.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I can agree with most of the things you said here.

After tonight, I'd love to see another SAS/Miami finals.........

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Big_Stacks, you funny. Brooklyn, the team with collective salaries $10 million above any other team being a "sleeper." I agree that the expectations game has them going nowhere close to the title but their mediocrity is deafening.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    someone light a candle for the lakers at mass tomorrow.

That Griffin dunk last night was just brutal.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Big_Stacks, you funny. Brooklyn, the team with collective salaries $10 million above any other team being a "sleeper." I agree that the expectations game has them going nowhere close to the title but their mediocrity is deafening.

Hey White Tea,

Brooklyn has played fairly well since the All-Star break. Don't get me wrong, they are LIGHT YEARS from a title. I just think that they will give a better showing in the playoffs than anyone would've expected.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    white_tea said:

Hey Whitey,

Brooklyn has played fairly well since the All-Star break. Don't get me wrong, they are LIGHT YEARS from a title. I just think that they will give a better showing in the playoffs than anyone would've expected.

Yeah I agree w/ Stacks.

I wouldnt write off a healthy Nets or a lubricated Toronto in the Playoffs.
    Both will be hard to kill IMO.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    white_tea said:

Hey White Tea,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I got you. My, albeit minor, point and distinction is that no team that has the highest payroll in the league can qualify as a sleeper. No matter their record or performance, their mission is the championship and anything less is a disappointment.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    white_tea said:

Hey White Tea,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

That's sad.
    They were in Portland a little while back and played worse than any local high school would have.
    I guess fairly well is relative.

lubricated Toronto

smh. Batmon moves for real son.

yuichi said:
    lubricated Toronto

Lubricated and oiled up on the way to the hole!!

• yuichi said:
    lubricated Toronto

just because you've got all your laker gear in the attic with the christmas lights, doesn't mean we've forgot

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    lubricated Toronto

Lubricated and oiled up on the way to the hole!!

LUBRICATED SON.

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    lubricated Toronto

just because you've got all your laker gear in the attic with the christmas lights, doesn't mean we've forgot

LUBRICATED, WORD IS BORN.

Not about Toronto...FYI. Lakers have been easy to watch this season.

• kevin love's desire to sneak on the raptors bus and go on the road with them was palpable last night.

I want to know how the hell the Mav's swept the season series with the Pacers?

Rockadelic said:

the pacers are on a slide. they are adjusting to having Turner in the lineup, and post Granger withdrawal...IMO.

Dallas is also building somewhat of a momentum.

the first game i dont have any excuses for.

I said it before and its been a theme all season.......they pacers cant score and dont have a playmaker to breakdown the opposition.

• batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

the pacers are on a slide. they are adjusting to having Turner in the lineup, and post Granger withdrawal...IMO.

I said it before and its been a theme all season.......they pacers cant score and dont have a playmaker to breakdown the opposition.

they are allowing over 110+ points in their current slide.and scoring 100. when you are 26th in league in points allowed, a league where there is at least 4 NBA teams in full-on tank mode, you have serious defensive issues.

i'd like to ask again... when you are citing "chemistry" as the key to your success, then why did you trade your 6 man halfway through what was supposed to be your chip year?

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

they are allowing over 110+ points in their current slide.and scoring 100. when you are 26th in league in points allowed, a league where there is at least 4 NBA teams in full-on tank mode, you have serious defensive issues.

i'd like to ask again... when you are citing "chemistry" as the key to your success, then why did you trade your 6 man halfway through what was supposed to be your chip year?

Yup......

They wanted to have cap space for Stephenson this off-season. He is Bird's pet project.

But Granger was the real heart of that team, despite not really producing after his return from injury or PG's emergence.
    Its a big loss from the intangibles standpoint. Bird is gambling.......he's a pretty good gambler.

The defense will stiil be in effect. I've seen them clamp down during their losses to keep w/in striking distance. So that will be fine come Playoff time. Im far from panic mode. Let them go thru growing changes now and not in 5 weeks.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Suns-Warriors was a fun game to watch last night. I don't think the Warriors have what it takes to go the distance but I think they'll at least make it to the second round.

David Lee is playing his ass off... Lin had 26 yesterday against the Clips. Crawford doing his thing in LA. Knick fans didn't want any of these dudes. Sometimes it's the owner, but sometimes it's this whole city and their bullshit ass "must win not now but right now" attitude.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Suns-Warriors was a fun game to watch last night. I don't think the Warriors have what it takes to go the distance but I think they'll at least make it to the second round.

David Lee is playing his ass off... Lin had 26 yesterday against the Clips. Crawford doing his thing in LA. Knick fans didn't want any of these dudes. Sometimes it's the owner, but sometimes it's this whole city and their bullshit ass "must win not now but right now" attitude.

Metta World Peace says Knicks owner James Dolan 'would make a great coach'
    In a sitdown with the Daily News on Monday, Metta says that Carmelo Anthony needs to be more like Kobe Bryant and Mike Woodson need to 'learn how to tell people to shut the hell up.'
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/metta-world-dolan-knicks-coach-article-1.1700749#ixzz2vbCG5fUY

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Sometimes it's the owner, but sometimes it's this whole city and their bullshit ass "must win not now but right now" attitude.

BINGO

and these cats want the instant chip magic potion.
    NY refuses to say they are rebuilding or too busy overhyping their roster/goals.

Rockadelic said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Metta World Peace says Knicks owner James Dolan 'would make a great coach'
    In a sitdown with the Daily News on Monday, Metta says that Carmelo Anthony needs to be more like Kobe Bryant and Mike Woodson need to 'learn how to tell people to shut the hell up.'
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/metta-world-dolan-knicks-coach-article-1.1700749#ixzz2vbCG5fUY

yeah.... starting with Ron Ron.

batmon said:

NY refuses to say they are rebuilding

they *aren't* rebuilding. I can't even remember the last time they were trying to rebuild. I thought this season would chasten them but dudes are still talkinbout "if we just get Rondo..."

the whole franchise is fucked. I'd almost wager that Brooklyn will get to the finals before the Knicks get back there, but BK is even more long-term fucked.