'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• halfway thru the 1st of BKLN/TOR and there have already been numerous suspect whistles.

• win or lose this has been a horrendously officiated game. you can call the game soft or let them play it out, doesn't matter to me, you just have to be consistent on every trip down the floor both ways. not to mention overturning calls on te baseline from half court, that shows that even your fellow refs think you're incompetent.

it's like trying to watch a baseball game where the strike zone changes with every at bat

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The only way to over come bad officiating is to make your shots, and your free throws.
    You need to get to where you have a better shooting % than your opponents before you start whining.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    The only way to over come bad officiating is to make your shots, and your free throws.
    You need to get to where you have a better shooting % than your opponents before you start whining.

Toronto had both a higher FG and FT % than Brooklyn tonight.

• Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

Toronto had both a higher FG and FT % than Brooklyn tonight.

raptors led in basically every offensive category except for FTA.

watch the games if you're going to beak please

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    KGB Homecourt Advantage

Sounds almost like they got robbed. And as the man says, B shot 31ft and T only 24ft.

But the difference in the game was 3pts B 11-20 T 6-23. 15pt difference in a close game.

I'd say T needs to focus less on the officiating and more on defending and making 3s.

Sometimes you can get so wound up in fighting the officials you forget to play your game.

• LaserWolf said:
    Sounds almost like they got robbed. And as the man says, B shot 31ft and T only 24ft.

But the difference in the game was 3pts B 11-20 T 6-23. 15pt difference in a close game.

I'd say T needs to focus less on the officiating and more on defending and making 3s.

Sometimes you can get so wound up in fighting the officials you forget to play your game.

completely 100% accurate and i couldn't agree more. they lost the game because they were fatigued from the back to back and it REALLY showed on the defensive side. and unfortunately they've given the power to the refs by relying heavily on FT's for scoring production, but the players on BOTH teams were visibly frustrated by the lack of consistency on foul calls, if it makes it hard to watch it must be impossible to play.

it's probably only coincidence, but these games tend to pop up every time the raps put together a string of 3 or 4 wins in a row. and i notice because i watch every one of them.

I should say I am not trying to pick on Toronto here.
    I have spent too many years of my life hating refs and complaining about them.
    I saw the early 90s Blazers repeatedly implode because they became too focused on the officials and quit playing the game.

I have complained about and yelled at refs in every sport at every level. (or so it feels.)
    The sport I regularly attend now is also attended by lots of little kids. A few years ago I decided I was going to quit heckling/booing/swearing at refs (and the other team). Trying to keep it clean for the kids.
    It has not been easy, hating refs is in our dna.
    But it is worth trying.

I also think that refs, at every level, take their jobs seriously and do the best they can.
    I think that reviews have ruined the NFL, are in danger of ruining the NBA and will ruin MLB.

Fuckin Bynum!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    Fuckin Bynum!

I just checked the box. Not bad.

At his healthiest and in a respectable org., he is a difference maker.....Thank us later............

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Bynum is definitely injury prone, but there's a reason why 8 teams are going for him.....

LAL would love to have him back....Heck, it will probably cement Miami as the champion with the acquisition.

Shit, Demarcus Cousins was supposedly a head case, and look at what he's accomplished. You can't teach competitive spirit and both these dudes have that, along with actual talent.

If he's so competitive why was he dumped?

LA didn't retain him. Philly didn't want to wait him out of his injuries and the Cavs gave up too.

He's gonna become at least a 15 & 8 dude after this???
    How many chances does he need?

Once again proving that you clones know nothing about the game. He didn't get 15 and 8, but he got 8 and 10 in 15 minutes.

From Motown:

His talents don't appear to appeal to many teams as he's bounced around all over the place

SMDH.

yuichi said:
    Once again proving that you clones know nothing about the game.

Chris Paul is officially my least favorite player now.

• batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

Vintage, Batmon and Yuichi...I propose yall play a 3 person game of 21 for King of SS NBA Threads...

Break from the top of the key. Break point if made is worth 1 point. Regular play points are worth 2 and 3. Clean up shots worth one...3 maximum cleanup shots only if previous cleanup shots made...no taps...gotta go out on 21 on the dot...can't miss the shot when you are at 20 or you go back to 15...person with the least amount of points has to buy a pair of Starburys and wear them the duration of the year.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Fuckin Bynum!

At his healthiest and in a respectable org., he is a difference maker.....Thank us later............

Hey Yuichi,

Your smug words assume that he will remain healthy and motivated. History has proven otherwise, and as Wernimont and Campbell (1968) stated, "Past behavior is the best predictor of future performance."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichi said:
    I am widely recognized as the basketball expert on Soulstrut.com

JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

Vintage, Batmon and Yuichi...I propose yall play a 3 person game of 21 for King of SS NBA Threads...

Break from the top of the key. Break point if made is worth 1 point. Regular play points are worth 2 and 3. Clean up shots worth one...3 maximum cleanup shots only if previous cleanup shots made...no taps...gotta go out on 21 on the dot...can't miss the shot when you are at 20 or you go back to 15...person with the least amount of points has to buy a pair of Starburys and wear them the duration of the year.

You take all the fun of the game w/ all those rules.

Is it 21 basketball or a breathalyzer test?

yuichi said:
    After tonight, I'd love to see another SAS/Miami finals.........

I'm ready to see OKC vs Miami rematch.

yuichi said:
    Lot of teams that started off nice are slowing down....Not Miami.

Mon, Mar 3, 2014 Box Score Charlotte Bobcats W
    Tue, Mar 4, 2014 Box Score @ Houston Rockets L
    Thu, Mar 6, 2014 Box Score @ San Antonio Spurs L
    Sun, Mar 9, 2014 Box Score @ Chicago Bulls L
    Mon, Mar 10, 2014 Box Score Washington Wizards W

• im just re-teaching my left leg to walk again after an achilles full tear in november. give me a few more sessions in the gravity chamber and the white mamba will be ready to pop them thangs by late 2014.

gotta get stacks and triple double in on this tho...

what's neutral playground between LA, NY, NJ, PHI & TO?

edit: we'll stop in at foot locker and get jectwon one a them shirts.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

Haha, how do you play it? I thought those were fairly standard.

vintageinfants said:

A footlocker ref shirt? No way...I can't be the cops.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

Just win by two and everything else is good.

• JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

and i would be all over your case the whole time too. cashin' cheques and takin' techs.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

wow.

Just win by two and everything else is good.

But wait...in 21. When you play you just keep playing? No clean up shots or anything? Every man for himself...and just keep shooting until someone gets to 21...win by 2...winners ball?

That's pretty cool.

vintageinfants said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

and i would be all over your case the whole time too. cashin' cheques and takin' techs.

Establish your super'star'ness early and I'll make sure all the calls go your way. Build up twitter followers...maybe enter the court with a mink coat and beats by dre headphones...perhaps some elbow brace sleeves.

JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Establish your super'star'ness early and I'll make sure all the calls go your way. Build up twitter followers...maybe enter the court with a mink coat and beats by dre headphones...perhaps some elbow brace sleeves.

)

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Fuckin Bynum!

Hey Yuichi,

Your smug words assume that he will remain healthy and motivated. History has proven otherwise, and as Wernimont and Campbell (1968) stated, "Past behavior is the best predictor of future performance."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

His past behavior says that he will play and play motivated in a respectable organization barring season-ending injury.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    I'm ready to see OKC vs Miami rematch.

I hope not. i dont see OKC in the West as the favorite this year.

DA,DADADADADAADA, BATMOOOOON.

Always droppin' that critical insight.