'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Why didnt the police just set up a roadblock when OJ was "on the run"?

A) It's hard to block a slow white Bronco
    B) They didn't think it would stop Juice
    C) They did but he jumped over it like in the Hertz commercial
    D) They wanted to add killing an hour to his charges

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OKC vs Portland

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    OKC vs Portland

I like OKC

Jeremy Lamb is a sleeper.

Portland backcourt plays way beyond expectations

Both teams basically have 5 guys averaging double figure points.

Two of the best 4 teams in the NBA along with Indy and Miami

• OKC has no answer for Aldridge.

the NBA has no answer for Durant.

edge to OKC

b/w: western finals preview

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Have I already said this?
    I think teams that have to play Portland over and over are going to figure out how to shut them down. Aldridge will always be hard to stop, but championships in the NBA go to superstars a notch up from Aldridge. (Or more than one unstoppable player.) Portland is really a team-play style, not superstar style. They will be there in the play offs, but not all the way.

Portland was emerging last year and are a threat this year, but they still need to get their asses handed to them deep in the Playoffs to learn what a champ is all about.

they have a doo doo bench, but Lillard/Aldridge is a one two punch that you can really make waves around.

lopez is a great role player for that chemstry. they are fun to watch grow.

Theres not to many WC teams that have their future.

memphis said fuck it, and minnesota will be dead after Love goes to the Lakers.

• yuichi said:
    There are plenty of outright and hidden racists; the question here is how F'd the situation is because athletes are somehow supposed to be superhuman and act diplomatically in every crazy instance because they are in the spotlight, and fans are not.

hockey related, but topical nonetheless:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My favorite thing about Portland is they make their free throws.

"You gotta make your free throws." Bill Schonely.

I also like that they use the entire bench, depending on the need.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I feel like both LACs and Blazers are one GOOD veteran away from being a serious contender.

• I feel like both LACs and Blazers are [del]one GOOD veteran[/del] something that resembles defense away from being a serious contender.

I feel like both LACs and Blazers are [del]one GOOD veteran[/del] something that resembles defense away from being a serious contender.

that too....D is still way inconsistent.

Great game though. Clips and Blazers match up well. Griffin is becoming dominant. 36 and 10. Chris Paul is the Kobe Bryant of the Clips though. Good for clutch shots, but plays two-man offense and 3 other players stand still.

Also, if 'Bron wins 3 more titles, is he greatest four players of all time? I'd say yea....Hard to argue against what he is doing.

Def a fan of him now.

So last year you were hatting on the Clips. U said so foul shit about Chris Pauls ability to run a team.

If the Lakers were halfway decent would u have these dudes in your mouth?

Fuck them to Rep them?

And when the Lakers get better are u gonna ride for both???

• I feel like both LACs and Blazers are [del]one GOOD veteran[/del] something that resembles defense away from being a serious contender.

that too....D is still way inconsistent.

it's not inconsistent, it is non-existent.

they combined for 239 points last night, that means they were barely standing in front of eachother. it's entertainment, not sports.

steph curry and darren collison might be the two worst defenders in the league.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Def a fan of him now.

Ugh, that Sooner fuck is the Drake of basketball. Figures you like him.

And I like the Clippers, I just see their obvious limitations.

See what happened to the Clips once Chauncey got hurt last year. Chris Paul last minute heroics...

The bottom line is, do the pieces fit together? Ask the Blazers about that one. or the Knicks.
    It almost feels like the Clippers are overcompensating for previous year's failures and just overloading their roster....

Mark my word, if it works, it's because of Chauncey and/or Odom.

Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, D'Andre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe. Nice athletes but they are not a Chauncey or Lamar...They've won rings FYI.

Jamal Crawford = fool's gold

Clippers are not even close to legitimate contender status.

HOMER 5 months later.

The rivalry between the Mets and Yankees does not mean as much to me as it does to most other New York baseball fans.

Yes, I am a Mets fan and Yankee fan, at the same time. And I know what you are thinking.

He is not a real baseball fan; he just likes the Yankees because they are one of the best teams in baseball.

But that is not the case.

I like both the Mets and Yankees because I consider myself a fan of all New York teams, and this goes beyond just the baseball teams.

I like both the Giants and Jets; and all three NHL teams nearby, the Rangers, Devils and Islanders. All New York teams are welcome in my home.

batmon said:
    So last year you were hatting on the Clips. U said so foul shit about Chris Pauls ability to run a team.

If the Lakers were halfway decent would u have these dudes in your mouth?

Fuck them to Rep them?

And when the Lakers get better are u gonna ride for both???

I'm just hating on FLAVOR OF THE DAY type dudes like you.

CP3's playmaking is borderline harmful to the team. As is Jamal Crawford's.

I"ve watched a lot more Clips games than Lakers (for obvious reasons) and just saying, Blake is turning into the real deal......that is all i'm acknowledging and appreciating.

Okay, back to your Jeremy Lamb.

Ugh, that Sooner fuck is the Drake of basketball. Figures you like him.

You know if you gave up worrying about "what is real" and what is not; you would probably enjoy things a lot more.

yuichi said:
    CP3's playmaking is borderline harmful to the team.

how can u rep the Mets?

Liked Kendall Marhall's game in college and dude is one of the best playmakers for your buck right now....too bad, it's Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman rollin' off the screens though. Averaging 10pts, 9 assists, and 47% 3s in 32minutes aint' bad. More times than not, he's getting a double-double in points and assists.....Not many guards can claim that....

These youngsters in the dunk contest all seem too cool to lay it on the line, and go hard.....WEAK. Another forgettable dunk contest.

Kyrie Irving is so sick. I wish I could watch more of him on TV...Perhaps league pass is in order...What????! Only 21 years old. jesus....

Newfound respect for Steve Nash after watching that short documentary clip on ESPN. It was about his road to recovery. Paraphrasing "For an athlete, when you lose your skills, it's like a part of you dies. You'll never be the same." Heavy shit.

yuichi said:
    Newfound respect for Steve Nash after watching that short documentary clip on ESPN. It was about his road to recovery. Paraphrasing "For an athlete, when you lose your skills, it's like a part of you dies. You'll never be the same." Heavy shit.

I think he should retire or get traded to a team that needs a backup to a ringbound team.

Back up - Portland, back to Dallas, backup CP3, Indiana or the Brooklyn Celtics.

Steve Nash - Top 10 PG of all time?

Don't know many PGs, but off the top.

Magic
    Isiah
    John Stockton
    Tony Parker

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Steve Nash - Top 10 PG of all time?

Don't know many PGs, but off the top.

Magic
    Isiah
    John Stockton
    Tony Parker

Bob Cousy
    Walt Frazier
    Nate Archibald
    Lenny Wilkens
    Maurice Cheeks
    Gary Payton
    Jason Kidd

Maybe I'm missing somebody, but Nash could rightly squeeze his way on there.

Pacers did Granger wrong. But I understand the move. Cap room to secure Stephenson.

I was hoping that he would stay w/ the second until throughout the Playoffs.

Dude kept the franchise afloat during the post-brawl+O'Brian years and in a "nice/perfect" world he reaps the benefits.

Where does Turner play? Off the bench? Insurance in case Lance leaves for more money?

• batmon said:
    Pacers did Granger wrong. But I understand the move. Cap room to secure Stephenson.

Dude kept the franchise afloat during the post-brawl+O'Brian years and in a "nice/perfect" world he reaps the benefits.

Where does Turner play? Off the bench? Insurance in case Lance leaves for more money?

strange move for a team who has been preaching the efficacy of "team chemistry" as their key to success to shake up the locker room, especially one of the better sixth men in the league.

doesn't make sense.

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

strange move for a team who has been preaching the efficacy of "team chemistry" as their key to success to shake up the locker room, especially one of the better sixth men in the league.

doesn't make sense.

He hasnt really been killin it since he returned from injury, but the Pacers have serious scoring droughts and he was a little insurance for the second unit to have some sort of firepower.

On the real....
    Hibbert isnt that dude.
    Hill disappears. Stephenson is a beast but his jumper isnt reliable.
    Paul George isnt a natural scorer and sometimes forces the issue.
    West cant score 20 a night.

PG should be at the 3 w/ Lance at the 2, so I see why Lance didnt return to the bench for Granger to get back into the starting line-up.
    Plus Lance is too much of a New York primadonna(and too talented) to come off the bench on the regular.

On a personal note, from NBA 2K11 thru 13 I rocked Granger hard for the season and against cats online.
    Dude repped than "nice-dude" that The Pacers wanted to be the face of the team after the Brawl.
    Bird is a cut-throat killer and has rebuilt the franchise, but I would think Granger is the type of dude that would have retired a Pacer.

If one of the starting 5 goes down for a extended amount of time, im not seeing anyone off that bench put numbers on the scoreboard.
    Scola is a great bench player though.

I hope Granger gets a buyout, and goes to San Antonio.....and not Miami or the Clippers (where everyone seems destined to go in all the rumour mills). Granger's slow game would fit well in Pops system. He's gotta get his jumper back that wet-level it used to be.