'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Let's go.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Damn that Kobe-less Lakers' win was ill.......Xavier Henry is a poor man's James Harden, and Jodie Meeks is like D Fish.

Early X-Mas present.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    What do yall think about Rose's return? He looked pretty confident. I was worried that he'd hesitate (maybe he did) but from what I saw he looked like he didn't hold back...perhaps a little rusty.

• JectWon said:
    What do yall think about Rose's return? He looked pretty confident. I was worried that he'd hesitate (maybe he did) but from what I saw he looked like he didn't hold back...perhaps a little rusty.

i thought the same thing. he'll need a month or two to get used to playing in real game situations again, a few of the moves he would normally score with were getting hung up or stopped. boozer went off last night, and they had a nice come back with 4 minutes left....

b/w was fun watching my boy oladipo step right into the nba, looking solid

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    cookbook said:
    was fun watching my boy oladipo step right into the nba, looking solid

This dude looked good on the offensive end. His attack is crazy.

If I hear another word on Rose and his comeback blah blah im gonna throw up.

Im keeping an eye on Andre Drummond, Monroe, and Josh Smith in Detroit. That's a fierce frontline...if they can get it together.

Im giving up on The Clippers. My faith has waned. Good luck.

Fuck Brooklyn

and the thread title lack swag.

Im giving up on The Clippers. My faith has waned. Good luck.

Blake Griffin's J is still rigid and mechanical. D'Andre Jordan is now officially a beast though. They need to use him more in the post.

and the thread title lack swag

You're like the Stephon Marbury or Latrell Sprewell of the NBA thread. I don't do swag. If you want another subtitle, lemme hear it.

• Andrew Bynum (remember him?) actually played basketball last night. I'm amazed. If he actually turns out healthy this year, he could be a potential "game changer".

yuichi said:
    You're like the Latrell Sprewell of the NBA thread. I don't do swag. If you want another subtitle, lemme hear it.

Your the P.J. Carlisimo of the NBA Thread.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    You're like the Latrell Sprewell of the NBA thread. I don't do swag. If you want another subtitle, lemme hear it.

Yea, somebody gotta coach you.

OptimusLime said:
    Andrew Bynum (remember him?) actually played basketball last night. I'm amazed. If he actually turns out healthy this year, he could be a potential "game changer".

Dude is a classic back-to-the-basket center that has a soft touch around the rim, one of the best shooting %, and plays good defense.

An argument can be made that his presence was bigger than Pau Gasol's during the Laker's championship run.

Liked Michael Carter-Williams before his first official game, and dude did not disappoint. 22pts, 7 boards, 12 dimes, and 9 assists....not bad.

Do not like Nick Young....Dude looks like he smokes weed before tipoff and moves real sloppy-like.

Do not like Steve Blake either. Why do we still have this dude. J is inconsistent. And dude is figgity with the rock. Way too slow to keep up with the elite guards in the L now too.

Detroit should make the playoffs...SHOULD. They have good players.

I dont see Bynum, after being out, making an impact this year. Does he get them 10 more in W column?
    Or does he play 20 mins per and dudes hype him up just cause hes healthy & playing.
    "Game changing"......shit....Im still wondering if Dwight Howard is going to be a "game changer" in Houston.

The Lakers arent on anyone's radar this year.

b/w

• i want the sixers season to end after last nights game. lets just leave it at that!
    for real tho, they were built to tank and watch them not even do that right and somehow win 34 games. pffffff

nick young. bum
    bynum. bum
    carlesimo. choker

Yeah I hear Thaddeus Young and Evan Turner are on the trading block or rumor mill steez.
    Its a shame cause they seemed to be building in the right direction, and then Collins was like "fuck it, i can't make this work???"

And they give away Jrue Holiday cause I bet they didn't want to pay his ass and Iggy comes off the books.

The Lakers arent on anyone's radar this year.

Haven't expected anything out of them for the past several years...

I'm ready to see OKC vs Miami rematch. As much as I like Lebron, a Miami 3peat would be the weakest 3peat in history. No drama or buildup. So anti-climactic. Dudes also gonna win at least, 3 or 4 more MVPs......unless Rose goes ballistic this year.

yuichi said:
    I'm ready to see OKC vs Miami rematch.

I hope not. i dont see OKC in the West as the favorite this year.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Oh shit...we calling out the players we are? I'm mother-fucking Detlef...I called him first....

I know it's way too early to tell, but I have a feeling that (despite the adjustments) the Knicks will end up with the same outcome as last year. Although it will be interesting to see how Hardaway Jr. and Bargnani develop...

Lastly, Michael Carter-Williams looks like he's going to be a nasty addition to the 76'ers.

• batmon said:
    Yeah I hear Thaddeus Young and Evan Turner are on the trading block or rumor mill steez.
    Its a shame cause they seemed to be building in the right direction, and then Collins was like "fuck it, i can't make this work???"

And they give away Jrue Holiday cause I bet they didn't want to pay his ass and Iggy comes off the books.

holiday move looks pretty damn good right now. we were on the classic lowmiddlepack treadmill and now we actually have a chance to stock some young talent and have free reign with dough in the next 2-3 years.

not too sure about Doug either. he was getting roundly criticized for how he developed Turner...always left him with a verrrry inconsistent, ill defined role on the team. also doug never played (or seemed to want to develop) young dudes and instead would play old gluehorses and give stiffs like kwame brown contracts. that was definitely the biggest head scratcher and a couple million thrown in the schuylkill.

in the end, the bynum fiasco sucked the life out of any momentum the team had

i hope they trade for faried

tripledouble said:
    batmon said:

holiday move looks pretty damn good right now. we were on the classic lowmiddlepack treadmill and now we actually have a chance to stock some young talent and have free reign with dough in the next 2-3 years.

not too sure about Doug either. he was getting roundly criticized for how he developed Turner...always left him with a verrrry inconsistent, ill defined role on the team. also doug never played (or seemed to want to develop) young dudes and instead would play old gluehorses and give stiffs like kwame brown contracts. that was definitely the biggest head scratcher and a couple million thrown in the schuylkill.

in the end, the bynum fiasco sucked the life out of any momentum the team had

i hope they trade for faried

But werent yall trying to rebuild back when you got Turner and Holiday?? Now your trying again?

In '09/10 w/ Coach Eddie Jordan and Iggy as the star yall went 27-55.
    Collins comes in and yall go 41-41 and get knocked by Miami in round one. Something to build on...
    Then in the next FAKE season yall get to the second round (beat the Bulls and lose to the Celtics)....OKAY...Louis Williams was that dude.
    In 12-13 Nick Young comes in and errythang goes to shit.34-48....no Iggy. Hoilday is the leading scorer. And Collins says fuck it.

Back to the fucking drawing board again???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    carlesimo. [del]choker[/del] chokee

Fixed

• hah, thank you rock.

bat...ediiejordan and the princeton offense were a mess. and your response left the bynum debacle out.

iggy was never a franchise player or someone to build a team around. yet they gave him that kind of money which was very limiting. he's good, no doubt, and a great defender, but not your go to guy.we were in a position where we were never gonna be bad enough to get the go to guy in the draft or good enough to attract a free agent go to guy. so you take a gamble on bynum. whoops. if he was healthy, it would have been a great move. but they got chumped. we lost a lot of what made us a decent team the year before (when we beat a rose-lesss and noah-less bulls squad). vukevic, gone. iggy, gone. we even gave up recent draft pick mo harkless and ANOTHER draft pick. BUT we drafted Moultrie (who got no burn from Collins) and signed Kwame Brown for two years. Collins cosigned this disaster and realized there was no reason to stick around. he sure as hell didnt do miracles with what he had....JRue got some shine and Evan Turner remained a tweener.

Collins didnt perform any miracles. but he did play part in yet another disastrous sixers trade, which we seem to pull off every 7/8 years

Michael Carter-Williams.

Dude's lankiness and speed at his position reminds me of Penny Hardaway. It's obvious he has great potential. Gonna be a matter of time before teams start really defending this guy. Hope he stays healthy...The dude does looks kind of frail.

• RIP Walt Bellamy, aka Bells.

If that rings any around here apart from Rockadelic's I'll be pleasantly surprised...

LazarusOblong said:
    RIP Walt Bellamy, aka Bells.

If that rings any around here apart from Rockadelic's I'll be pleasantly surprised...

Hes far from obscure.

yuichi said:
    Michael Carter-Williams.

Dude's lankiness and speed at his position reminds me of Penny Hardaway. It's obvious he has great potential. Gonna be a matter of time before teams start really defending this guy. Hope he stays healthy...The dude does looks kind of frail.

Im a fan of tall PGs.

Jalen Rose - 6'8"drove Larry Brown crazy and go moved to his natural "I'm looking for my own shot" position at the 2
    Shawn Livingston - 6'7"came back from that injury and still contributes.
    Steve Smith 6'8" - came outta Michigan w/ Magic comparisons. Could pass but was better at the 2
    Tracy McGrady 6'8" - not a PG, but could run the offense in Toronto/Orlando when needed.

Magic could see over the Defense.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    warriors looking decent. iguodala was a great pickup and we are officially sans-biedrins. it's liberating.

gotta clean up the sloppy turnovers of the first few games.

curry dropped a triple double in 3 quarters tonight.
    hi dudes.

JimBeam said:
    warriors looking decent. iguodala was a great pickup

I agree. That dude is great addition to any team. Underrated and low maintenance.

LAC is killin Houston. theyve got great ball movement.

Houston needs another perimeter thread. Parsons and Lin aint doin it.

Philly looked terrible. I wanted to check out the hype, and they looked sloppy.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That's because the Warriors completely took them out of their game in the 1st quarter, and they could never recover.

• about time the sixers got back to their wiggins-chip aspirations.

iggy is a great addition to a team, but not with the inflated contract he had in philly

Knicks losing to the Bobcats? Gross...

'Melo seemed like he touched the ball more than any NBA player in a single game last night yet only two assists?