!!! (Daft Punk-related).

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    how does nile's guitar sound like chromero?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    cove said:
    Thanks for revolutionizing dance music, Daft Punk!!
    :ehhx2:

Is the whole thing gonna sound like Chromeo?

You're kind of missing the point. A lot of people are, in fact.

I know two people who've heard the album - completely independently of one another - and both have said it's amazing.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i sincerely hope it is! just a bit worried is all.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Nile Rodgers getting some love on The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/apr/27/daft-punk-nile-rodgers-disco

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/1561328/daft-punk-how-the-pioneering-dance-duo-conjured-random-access-memories

the second page is a particularly interesting look at the marketing strategy that went into the album

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Daft Punk tirbute act "One More Time" is coming to where I live.

Should I go?

What say the Strut Massive?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    They play here a few times a year. Pretty sure they live in Phoenix (2 hours up the freeway). I've never seen 'em myself, but I hear they're very entertaining, have a great stage setup and actually play music rather than just mimic the movements in costume.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    P.S. I always thought it'd be really cool if the real Daft Punk showed up in costume and performed in place of the tribute artists.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    no one is safe.

This made me laugh out loud, but I have to say that I am really impressed by some of the very talented cover versions this song has triggered:

Drums:

Guitar:

Bass:

Haven't found a good piano / keyboard version yet.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    so the album leaked today...

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Yeah. Initial Facebook reports say it's not up to scratch but most of the people on my Facebook are total idiots and are not to be taken seriously.

I don't really want to download it, got the LP on order and was looking forward to listening for the first time when it arrived. Anybody else holding out?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    You can stream that shit for free on the Daft Punk iTunes page.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    magpaul said:

I guess I'm an idiot. Where do you click to make this happen?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    volumen said:
    magpaul said:

Figured it out. Just look for the LP cover with a play symbol on it. Starting out fine.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    FUEGO!!!

"Give Life Back to Music" is like my free-basin' song of the summer!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Sounds fucking awesome so far!

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT.

That entire EDM clown-car parade just got closed down.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Oh god I was holding out after hearing that it had leaked...

But if the SS Folk are giving it the thumbs, AND it's on iTunes... I guess I'm skinning up and giving this bitch a listen!!

Good way to start my vacation!

• This shit is awesome so far. I really like all the interesting vocal work.

white_tea said:
    FUEGO!!!
    "Give Life Back to Music" is like my free-basin' song of the summer!
    Niles, man. That song has some of the best guitars I've heard in a while.

Back to listening...

OK, so the transition between Touch and Get Lucky just sucked all the breath out of my lungs.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    this is so good. god damn.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    fuck, nile KILLING IT

Oh man- a third of the way in and I think the general public is going to HATE this album.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    volumen said:
    volumen said:
    magpaul said:

Figured it out. Just look for the LP cover with a play symbol on it. Starting out fine.

I don't see where to click. I'm trying to access on my phone. Anyone able to get this to work on a mobile?

• 4YearGraduate said:
    Oh man- a third of the way in and I think the general public is going to HATE this album.
    I think it will have its detractors, but I think there are enough bangers on there to keep people interested. Also the textures are really rich with many interesting layers on each track, which makes it easy to come back to. On first listen the only track that falls a little flat for me is "Within".

4YearGraduate said:

I'm on my second go round.

One of my boys said it nearly sent him to sleep. I countered by saying I thought it'd divide people the way Discovery did.

Contact = :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

The last few seconds are an actual touch of genius.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think most people who don't have anyknowledge/love for the music they are referencing will hate it

DocMcCoy said:
    4YearGraduate said:

I'm on my second go round.

One of my boys said it nearly sent him to sleep. I countered by saying I thought it'd divide people the way Discovery did.

Contact = :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

The last few seconds are an actual touch of genius.

I think this is going to be like MGMT's second album, where they deliver a superior, self indulgent opus and the joe public is pissed because there is no "Kids" and "Electric Feel".

I just have a hard time seeing people who are casual Daft Punk fans jamming to this b/w I cant help but mind garden this as middle aged dance music. Or maybe midlife crisis winery tour dance music.

SIRUS said:
    i think most people who don't have anyknowledge/love for the music they are referencing will hate it

^^^ thats what i'm struggling to say. I love this record but i also love genres of music that clear dancefloors and annoy my wife alike.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I just tried to access it on my iPhone but it seems like the mobile version of the itunes store does not offer the same streaming option. There's a banner to pre-order the album, but no streaming on the album page. Looks like it's only available on the full iTunes version of the store.

This shit is so good so far. Damn.