Not one thread/post about Dorner?!

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    motown67 said:

The cause of Dorner's murder spree was because a suspect was beat for resisting arrest. Dorner blamed his supervisor, who disputed his claim. An investigation claimed Dorner did the beating.

Didn't know about that detail, but sounds like a classic case of smearing the whistle-blower.

Now the LAPD are trying to say they didn't mean to burn Dorner?

:lol:

• I was really rooting for the guy because during my time in the military I saw shit like this go down all the time on ethics boards and other disciplinary committees. Entire people's careers for advancement gone in a second because of favoritism, racism, sexism, and total abuse of power. Then after that comes the whole demoralization part of things from within the ranks. I used to do HR appraisals and saw that shit constantly. Dorner just lived out a lot of motherfuckers dreams and probably went out with a smile. RIP.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    volumen said:

Look at the Rodney King incident. Oh he lunged at us just so we had to beat him to a pulp.

Look at the DC Snipers. They killed more people and it's not like the east coast cops just started shooting up every white van they saw when that was the vehicle they were originally looking for. And when they had the suspect cornered they didn't just shoot up the car. They had every reason to believe the snipers would start shooting the second they woke up if given the chance.

The BTK killer in Kansas and the Green River killer in Washington state terrorized the communities for years and taunted the police the whole time. You want to talk crazies that should have been killed on site, those two just might qualify.

Hell you can take a shot a the President and they will try to take you alive.

WTF does the BTK Killer or Rodney King have to do with any of this////smh.

Dorner was actively and publicly seeking out Police and their innocent families and shooting them at a rate of one a day.

MOST cop killers are caught, tried and put in jail. If you bothered to seek that info out for an apples to apples comparison you would have seen how ridiculous your premise is. More than 80% of cop killers in the last 25 years have been taken alive and defended with public funds.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Outrage-over-spending-for-accused-Seattle-cop-killers-legal-bills-190951261.html

Here is a list of cop killers in just NY that not only weren't killed, but can possibly be released from jail.

http://www.nycpba.org/miscellaneous/copkillers.html

Over the last 10 years there have been over 1,500 policemen killed in the line of duty nationally.///that's one every 56 hours.

On average, over the last decade, there have been 58,261 assaults against law enforcement each year, resulting in 15,658 injuries.

More than 99% of those who assaulted police were arrested, not killed.

To take the Dorner case and use it as an example of anything but exactly what it was, a dude hellbent on killing police and their families, announcing such, as well as that he would not be taken alive and would kill as many as possible (Including one earlier in the day he died), is bullshit.

People who cheered him on and now defend him, without really knowing the details of his case(as Motwon pointed out) but simply that he was killing police. scare/disgust me more than anyone in a police uniform ever will.

The-gaffler said:
    I was really rooting for the guy because during my time in the military I saw shit like this go down all the time on ethics boards and other disciplinary committees. Entire people's careers for advancement gone in a second because of favoritism, racism, sexism, and total abuse of power. Then after that comes the whole demoralization part of things from within the ranks. I used to do HR appraisals and saw that shit constantly. Dorner just lived out a lot of motherfuckers dreams and probably went out with a smile. RIP.

Great....feel good about your Rambo-like fantasies and have a nice day.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Donner is dead because he killed people and stated that he wouldn't be taken alive NOT because he was going to expose the L.A.P.D. which he HAD been doing via lawsuits for years.

If Dorner was actually in that cabin (which is a whole other conversation), the police had a perfect chance to apprehend him when he tried to exit out the back door. But no, they pushed him back in and torched him.

And there is no good reason for you to be playing apologist to such bs. So please stop already.

And let's not forget dude was African-American.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    He was black and it was LAPD so he was completely justified in killing as many people as he could!

Plus he was twice found responsible for beating a suspect resisting arrest but because he was black and LAPD we're going to ignore that, because it was LAPD!

motown67 said:
    He was black and it was LAPD so he was completely justified in killing as many people as he could!

No, he's black therefore he was killed instead of arrested.

HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

Donner is dead because he killed people and stated that he wouldn't be taken alive NOT because he was going to expose the L.A.P.D. which he HAD been doing via lawsuits for years.

If Dorner was actually in that cabin (which is a whole other conversation), the police had a perfect chance to apprehend him when he tried to exit out the back door. But no, they pushed him back in and torched him.

And there is no good reason for you to be playing apologist to such bs. So please stop already.

Dude tried to surrender peacefully and they pushed him back in a burning house and forced him to put a bullet in his own head.

FILM @ 10:00

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

Dude tried to surrender peacefully and they pushed him back in a burning house and forced him to put a bullet in his own head.

FILM @ 10:00

Again, quit being stuck on stupid, my friend. They coulda apprehended him, but chose not to. Then they say he committed suicide. Go apprehend the in-tact body at that point. No, don't. Just go ahead and torch the whole place. All except for his magic wallet.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I think you guys are getting hung up on the wrong part of this episode. Really we should be celebrating the impunity with which the LAPD sprayed a pick-up truck with bullets, and the ensuing news broadcast advising the public against driving pick-ups in the LA area. Who would have the balls to make that up if they were writing a police-above-the-law satire? It's beautiful. America, fuck yeah.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dorner says cops acting with impunity.
    Cops, in their efforts to apprehend Dorner spray a truck with bullets with innocent civilians in it. THEN, they *appear* to have burned this fool alive. How is this not an exact replication of what this dude said the problem was?

The_Non said:
    Dorner says cops acting with impunity.
    Cops, in their efforts to apprehend Dorner spray a truck with bullets with innocent civilians in it. THEN, they *appear* to have burned this fool alive. How is this not an exact replication of what this dude said the problem was?

Ding ding ding!

And if random bullet spray and firebombs aren't enough, hello civilian gun confiscation and armed drones on the attack.

Fuck these fuckers. We shouldn't be paying criminals for "protection".

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    volumen said:

Look at the Rodney King incident. Oh he lunged at us just so we had to beat him to a pulp.

Look at the DC Snipers. They killed more people and it's not like the east coast cops just started shooting up every white van they saw when that was the vehicle they were originally looking for. And when they had the suspect cornered they didn't just shoot up the car. They had every reason to believe the snipers would start shooting the second they woke up if given the chance.

The BTK killer in Kansas and the Green River killer in Washington state terrorized the communities for years and taunted the police the whole time. You want to talk crazies that should have been killed on site, those two just might qualify.

Hell you can take a shot a the President and they will try to take you alive.

WTF does the BTK Killer or Rodney King have to do with any of this////smh.

Dorner was actively and publicly seeking out Police and their innocent families and shooting them at a rate of one a day.

MOST cop killers are caught, tried and put in jail. If you bothered to seek that info out for an apples to apples comparison you would have seen how ridiculous your premise is. More than 80% of cop killers in the last 25 years have been taken alive and defended with public funds.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Outrage-over-spending-for-accused-Seattle-cop-killers-legal-bills-190951261.html

Here is a list of cop killers in just NY that not only weren't killed, but can possibly be released from jail.

http://www.nycpba.org/miscellaneous/copkillers.html

Over the last 10 years there have been over 1,500 policemen killed in the line of duty nationally.///that's one every 56 hours.

On average, over the last decade, there have been 58,261 assaults against law enforcement each year, resulting in 15,658 injuries.

More than 99% of those who assaulted police were arrested, not killed.

To take the Dorner case and use it as an example of anything but exactly what it was, a dude hellbent on killing police and their families, announcing such, as well as that he would not be taken alive and would kill as many as possible (Including one earlier in the day he died), is bullshit.

People who cheered him on and now defend him, without really knowing the details of his case(as Motwon pointed out) but simply that he was killing police. scare/disgust me more than anyone in a police uniform ever will.

I'm not cheering him. I've called him a killer the whole time and pointed out that by killing he's completed discredited himself even if he was originally right with his claims. Some people will say the police had it coming and they are getting what they've dished out but I personally think violence is wrong on all levels. Yes, you have the right to defend yourself but obviously Dorner went way past that.

Your examples are similar to mine in that they show the police do have the ability to take people alive, that was my point. Obviously there are many difference in the cases, but the similarity is that the police knew who the person was and where they were and had choices about how they apprehended them. They knew that he had in fact spared the lives of the last 3 civilians he had contact with. The knew where he was because these 3 had reported their interaction with Dorner.

The damming evidence is the cops opening fire on vehicle with out provocation. They clearly had made a decision to gun this person down on site with out any attempt to take him alive. He had declared war on the police (not the public) and for that the police decided they would execute him on site.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    volumen said:
    The damming evidence is the cops opening fire on vehicle with out provocation. They clearly had made a decision to gun this person down on site with out any attempt to take him alive. He had declared war on the police (not the public) and for that the police decided they would execute him on site.
    yeah brah, the cops should have been like HEY BRO LETS JUST TALK when dude already killed a bunch of cops and said that he would kill more of them. idk wtf LAPD protocol is but im pretty sure most people who are strapped are going to shoot first if they think they're in reasonable danger.

PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:
    yeah brah, the cops should have been like HEY BRO LETS JUST TALK when dude already killed a bunch of cops and said that he would kill more of them. idk wtf LAPD protocol is but im pretty sure most people who are strapped are going to shoot first if they think they're in reasonable danger.

Yeah, those unarmed ladies in the wrong color truck were really posing a threat. SPRAY ME DOWN!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:

Yeah, those unarmed ladies in the wrong color truck were really posing a threat. SPRAY ME DOWN!
    im not saying those cops weren't morons for mistaking those ladies for dude
    i am saying that if a dude is armed and saying he wants to kill me, i kinda rather kill him than let him kill me and im pretty sure most feel the same way

How you FEEL and what the law dictates you do while on the job are quite different.

Cops purposefully burning up a suspect like that is manslaughter the last time I checked. A felony crime.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Cops purposefully burning up a suspect like that is manslaughter the last time I checked. A felony crime.
    wtf does that have to do with what i was replying to? pretty sure i agree that cops shouldn't be setting bros on fire

PatrickCrazy said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    wtf does that have to do with what i was replying to? pretty sure i agree that cops shouldn't be setting bros on fire

Cool, but the way you replied to volumen...

• DOR said:
    ... But there tends to be much whining and people get heated.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    im not saying those cops weren't morons for mistaking those ladies for dude

That's not being a moron. That is attempted murder.

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    ...the Black Panthers were called "militant" but could have just as easily been called terrorists.

I'm surprised this went unchallenged. It's about as simplistic and misleading as a characterization of the Black Panthers can get.

If I called the Tea Party terrorists you'd zing me for it, but it wouldn't be any more inaccurate than your comment.

I think you're getting it twisted. Rock was saying that the Panthers could have easily been labeled terrorists, not that he thinks that they are.

• Rockadelic said:

There are literally 100's of cops and ex-cops in L.A. who have sued the city of L.A. and won millions of dollars while exposing them and their abusive actions.....none of those dudes are dead.

Please cite one example of cops suing the LAPD and winning millions of dollars. Just one. I rest my case.

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Rockadelic said:

There are literally 100's of cops and ex-cops in L.A. who have sued the city of L.A. and won millions of dollars while exposing them and their abusive actions.....none of those dudes are dead.

Please cite one example of cops suing the LAPD and winning millions of dollars. Just one. I rest my case.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/lapd-traffic-ticket-quota.html

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22091156/former-lapd-sergeant-awarded-nearly-3m-retaliation-lawsuit

Need I go on?

Thymebomb13 said:
    motown67 said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    ...the Black Panthers were called "militant" but could have just as easily been called terrorists.

I'm surprised this went unchallenged. It's about as simplistic and misleading as a characterization of the Black Panthers can get.

If I called the Tea Party terrorists you'd zing me for it, but it wouldn't be any more inaccurate than your comment.

I think you're getting it twisted. Rock was saying that the Panthers could have easily been labeled terrorists, not that he thinks that they are.

Maybe you're right, but in the context I don't know. He wrote:

In hindsight we might call Manson a terrorist...the Black Panthers were called "militant" but could have just as easily been called terrorists. There are some organized "hate groups" that by definition are terrorists and when they break the law they are charged with "hate crimes"

Manson's specific motive - according to Bugliosi's interpretation and some evidence - was to start a race war. So the terrorism label could well be applied to him. I don't know exactly what his take is on the Panthers, who had a very complicated history.

If you are using the Websters definition of Terrorist and Terrorism....Terrorist - A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims / Terrorism -The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. I can see where someone might call the Panthers terrorists as they did use violence and were in pursuit of political aims....if you are claiming their violence was in self defense I can't/won't argue that point....certainly they fit the bill more than Adam Lanza does, which is a claim my post was in response to.

• My whole point of my "bullshit going on" is that I find it interesting that when you are a white kid and assault a movie theater and shoot dozens of people our concern seems to be to get the individual a psychological examination and make sure he recieves due process but when a black dude shoots some cops we hunt him and burn him alive.

• What a fun thread.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Rockadelic said:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/lapd-traffic-ticket-quota.html

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22091156/former-lapd-sergeant-awarded-nearly-3m-retaliation-lawsuit

Need I go on?

I'm surprised Vinyl hadn't ever heard of a case. Their are plenty of times where ex-cop and civilians have won money. For me though it just proves even more that the LAPD are racist and violent (it's been proven in court). Yes, the victims deserved justice, but as far as long term it's just a slap on the wrist for the LAPD. They probably laugh their ass off..."The tax payers just payed our fine!!!!! Whoo hooo!" Really, one or 2 cops might get fired and the huge settlement/judgement gets paid by the tax payers. Really no justice what so ever.

If the LAPD wasn't so knee deep in corruption they might have the ability to fire an officer, he would get jail time for the crime he committed (and make no mistake the LAPD are committing crimes) and force a civil case against him for any possible monitory compensation for the victim. When a civilian kills some one he goes to jail and the victims get little to nothing, when a cops violates your rights he often keeps his job or is just fired and you get a million in tax dollars that really need to be going some where else.

I'm not saying the victims don't deserve justice. I'm just saying the tax payers shouldn't be paying the legal fees and fines of a corrupt police force.