Not one thread/post about Dorner?!

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DOR said:
    I was thinking about making a post a couple of days ago. But there tends to be much whining and people get heated.

I was just blown away that cops were willing to shoot the fuck outta old ladies delivering newspapers in the totally wrong type of truck.

The guy is a nutter killing people. But it really did show an example of how the police operate.

I can count at least 27 bullet holes in that truck. And that's just from this angle. The LAPD are crazy, drug dealing killers and they prove it by being in such a rush to gun down one of their own who knows to much.

The shear fact that they think they can just open fire when they want pretty much proves that the killer they are trying to kill was right in his claims about how out of control the LAPD is.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Now that I've read it...FAKEST MANIFESTO EVER!!!

• volumen said:
    I can count at least 27 bullet holes in that truck. And that's just from this angle. The LAPD are crazy, drug dealing killers and they prove it by being in such a rush to gun down one of their own who knows to much.

The shear fact that they think they can just open fire when they want pretty much proves that the killer they are trying to kill was right in his claims about how out of control the LAPD is.

Um, this cat declared war on the police. He then went and allegedly shot and killed 4 people and injured another 2. The only thing this proves is that when you start killing cops and family members of cops don't expect them to put a lot of effort in taking you alive.

As for them shooting up a truck with civilians that shows you how shook they are. LAPD has been bastion of gun culture and they take pride in their training and use of fire arms. Donner already rode up on cops guarding another location so I can imagine that guys and gals at the other 39 locations they are guarding (Donner listed 40 "high value targets") are bit nervous. What this proves is there is a break down in discipline.

I am not a LAPD apologist (I can say having one of their guys come up to Portland, OR and run our department for awhile here was not a great thing for my city). People are mad at the LAPD for some serious breach of the public's trust, but to say that this proves anything about Donner's guilt or innocence, I call bullshit.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DOR said:

:killin_it:

I think the same day that shooting happened, the LAPD also released a statement that they "...wanted to talk to Dorner". Yeah, rrrrright.

Allegedly, suspect tried to exit the back door only to be pushed back in to be burned Janet Reno style. Dead men can't talk.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Allegedly, suspect tried to exit the back door only to be pushed back in to be burned Janet Reno style. Dead men can't talk.

but the scanner feed said that one shot was fired from inside the cabin, wouldn't that be dude checking out? Or did that happen after he was shoved back in?

Who knows? There was also a citing of "blood splatter". But hey, let's just burn this problem to oblivion.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Saracenus said:
    volumen said:

Um, this cat declared war on the police. He then went and allegedly shot and killed 4 people and injured another 2. The only thing this proves is that when you start killing cops and family members of cops don't expect them to put a lot of effort in taking you alive.

As for them shooting up a truck with civilians that shows you how shook they are. LAPD has been bastion of gun culture and they take pride in their training and use of fire arms. Donner already rode up on cops guarding another location so I can imagine that guys and gals at the other 39 locations they are guarding (Donner listed 40 "high value targets") are bit nervous. What this proves is there is a break down in discipline.

I am not a LAPD apologist (I can say having one of their guys come up to Portland, OR and run our department for awhile here was not a great thing for my city). People are mad at the LAPD for some serious breach of the public's trust, but to say that this proves anything about Donner's guilt or innocence, I call bullshit.

One of Donner's claims was that the LAPD violently abuses the public with no justification. A day later the LAPD opens fire on 2 different vehicles in which neither the vehicle or the occupants mach the description of the person they are looking for. Also, these vehicle and occupants had done nothing to engaged the police in any way. That pretty much proves what Donner's and thousands of other complainants have claimed about the LAPD for a long time. This is not a break down in discipline, it's the way the LAPD operates. Opening fire in public, on the public with no provocation is unacceptable no matter what the circumstance. It demonstrates that the LAPD operates like a gang and do not have the public's interest in mind at all. Their "shook"? That's your big excuse for why they are shooting up innocent people? You think people who react in such a manner should be given guns and badges and allowed to patrol the streets? It proves they are unstable and have poor judgement and don't deserve to be police. And yes, you are a LAPD apologist.

Donner has discredited himself by becoming a killer but the LAPD knows what he knows and that's why they want him dead and can't take the chance that he's caught alive (Donner had committed to going down shooting anyhow). The facts that have come out in the case that got him dismissed make it pretty clear he was booted for being a whistle blower. If he was caught alive, they would be forced to give him a trial and a lot of stuff would come out that no one wants exposed.

Did you listen to the you tube above. They planned to set the house on fire. What is this 1842? "Let's burn him out boys! Yeee Ha!!!!"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Dorner

Droner.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This dude is dead because he killed people......cops and cops families......he let it be known he wouldn't be taken alive in a self-fulfilling prophesy.

He had obvious mental problems, holding lifelong grudges against fellow school students and writing a rambling, nonsensical manifesto that was posted prior to his initial crimes disproving any conspiracy theories to the contrary.

There are literally 100's of cops and ex-cops in L.A. who have sued the city of L.A. and won millions of dollars while exposing them and their abusive actions.....none of those dudes are dead.

Rockadelic said:
    This dude is dead because he killed people......cops and cops families......he let it be known he wouldn't be taken alive in a self-fulfilling prophesy.

He had obvious mental problems, holding lifelong grudges against fellow school students and writing a rambling, nonsensical manifesto that was posted prior to his initial crimes disproving any conspiracy theories to the contrary.

There are literally 100's of cops and ex-cops in L.A. who have sued the city of L.A. and won millions of dollars while exposing them and their abusive actions.....none of those dudes are dead.

And several of the perpetrators of the Rodney King and Rampart scandals have since been promoted to supervisor positions, as noted in Dorner's manifesto. Also noted is that before he went kookoo, he attempted all legal means to restore his name, which was tarnished just because he tried to indict a fellow officer for repeatedly kicking a mentally challenged suspect in the face/head.

Point being, this shit ain't as simple as you make it out to be.

HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

And several of the perpetrators of the Rodney King and Rampart scandals have since been promoted to supervisor positions, as noted in Dorner's manifesto. Also noted is that before he went kookoo, he attempted all legal means to restore his name, which was tarnished just because he tried to indict a fellow officer for repeatedly kicking a mentally challenged suspect in the face/head.

Point being, this shit ain't as simple as you make it out to be.

So the manifesto wasn't fake?

• Rockadelic said:
    This dude is dead because he allegedly killed people.

fixed

• doble

I think it's fake...in that it was used to steer the conversation towards gun control.

But parts of it, including much to do with LAPD, are true.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

I don't think we're really debating on his actions. More so on how the actions of the police are in any way justified.

I mean if you want to make an argument that because there is a situation in a city, there is justification for the police to just start shooting like they are in a war under fire. Shooting at civilians who are going about their day not breaking any laws...

Those police should be in jail period. Anything other than that tells the public that you are not only not safe from Dorner. But the police who are supposedly on duty to serve and protect the public. And that they play by a different set of rules than everyone else.

• bassie said:
    Dorner

I blame my dyslexia. At least I misspelled it consistently. Sigh.

• DOR said:
    I don't think we're really debating on his actions. More so on how the actions of the police are in any way justified.

I mean if you want to make an argument that because there is a situation in a city, there is justification for the police to just start shooting like they are in a war under fire. Shooting at civilians who are going about their day not breaking any laws...

Those police should be in jail period. Anything other than that tells the public that you are not only not safe from Dorner. But the police who are supposedly on duty to serve and protect the public. And that they play by a different set of rules than everyone else.

I don't think Rock is saying the police were in the right for shooting up civilian vehicles (and for that matter nor was I). I agree that the police that shot at those two trucks without making sure Dorner was in them should be prosecuted for reckless endangerment at the very least. The irony is that those folks that were attacked by the police will probably take them to civil court and win.

• there is some bullshit going on...

Jared-Lee Loughner (tucson shooting)...killed 6 people, shot a congress woman in the head...never called a terrorist in the media, was able to get his day in court

James Holmes (batman shooter)...shot over 70 people, killed 12, never called a terrorist, was able to get his day in court

Adam Lanza (newtown)...killed 26 people, mostly small children, never called a terrorist, presumably would have gotten his day in court if he didnt kill himself.

Dorner..allegedly killed 6 people..was called a terrorist, was pursued by an armed drone, was presumably burned alive

...some bullshit going on...

Saracenus said:
    DOR said:

I don't think Rock is saying the police were in the right for shooting up civilian vehicles (and for that matter nor was I). I agree that the police that shot at those two trucks without making sure Dorner was in them should be prosecuted for reckless endangerment at the very least. The irony is that those folks that were attacked by the police will probably take them to civil court and win.

While I understand the points raised. But LA is built upon stories of the LAPD and their ability to act above the law. The powers that be and media will push the narrative of a guy who went rouge killing people and had to be put down no matter what. When the truth is, the actions of a few from the LAPD are IMO many times more dangerous.

Shit, at the very least. I kinda think this will be a warning to any cops out there that have any crazy idea's of ratting out their fellow officers and get fired. Take it too far and be prepared to be put down (with extreme prejudice). On the other end, this is just another really strong example of a large % of the population not trusting the police.

And I agree. Civil court and they will get a settlement. But to me it will extremely unsettling if the powers that be try at all to justify some of these actions of some of these police.

Edit: Just wanted to add a link to another former LA cop.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/02/ex-la-cop-brian-bentley-on-dorner-manifesto-not-only-do-i-believe-it-but-i-lived-it/

Saracenus said:

I don't think Rock is saying the police were in the right for shooting up civilian vehicles

Of course I wasn't...I never even addressed that episode in any way.

My comment was directed at the notion that Dorner was killed simply because he "knew too much" because he had reported and taken legal action against the L.A.P.D.. He was one of many ex-police who have done this, some winning judgements, some not. What set him apart was that he killed people, not recognizing that and putting it into the proper perspective is being intellectually dishonest.

The_Hook_Up said:
    there is some bullshit going on...

Jared-Lee Loughner (tucson shooting)...killed 6 people, shot a congress woman in the head...never called a terrorist in the media, was able to get his day in court

James Holmes (batman shooter)...shot over 70 people, killed 12, never called a terrorist, was able to get his day in court

Adam Lanza (newtown)...killed 26 people, mostly small children, never called a terrorist, presumably would have gotten his day in court if he didnt kill himself.

Dorner..allegedly killed 6 people..was called a terrorist, was pursued by an armed drone, was presumably burned alive

...some bullshit going on...

Terrorist - A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

I guess you could stretch the definition to include Loughner and Dorner, By definition I don't see how Lanza or Holmes could be called terrorists unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theorists who claim they were pawns of a government or political movement. What all four had in common was "alleged" mental illness.

In hindsight we might call Manson a terrorist...the Black Panthers were called "militant" but could have just as easily been called terrorists. There are some organized "hate groups" that by definition are terrorists and when they break the law they are charged with "hate crimes"

I'm not sure what the semantics of all this really accomplishes.What am I missing?

If we called them terrorists Obama would then support killing them with drones?

Rockadelic said:
    Saracenus said:

I don't think Rock is saying the police were in the right for shooting up civilian vehicles

My comment was directed at the notion that Dorner was killed simply because he "knew too much" because he had reported and taken legal action against the L.A.P.D.. He was one of many ex-police who have done this, some winning judgements, some not. What set him apart was that he killed people, not recognizing that and putting it into the proper perspective is being intellectually dishonest.

Maybe it's semantics. IMO, dishonest would be not addressing any other points at all. Unless you hold an alleged murderer and police to the same standards. I tend to hold the police to much higher. Maybe my issue with your post was that you were stating everything like it was already a fact. They aren't yet.

In your mind you have already convicted Dorner and you probably feel justice has been served? End of story?

I'm saying it's a much bigger concern (Once again IMO) that police were using extreme prejudice with public safety and could have killed civilians without there being any danger. That it will probably be hushed for the most part. And justice will probably not be served.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way stating that Dorner was in the right to use violence against anyone or that I think he didn't kill anyone. Just that "This dude is dead because he killed people" seems too simplistic of an answer to me.

But I guess police should be judge, jury and executioner. And hold little regard for citizens.

DOR said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Saracenus said:

Maybe it's semantics. IMO, dishonest would be not addressing any other points at all. Unless you hold an alleged murderer and police to the same standards. I tend to hold the police to much higher. Maybe my issue with your post was that you were stating everything like it was already a fact. They aren't yet.

In your mind you have already convicted Dorner and you probably feel justice has been served? End of story?

I'm saying it's a much bigger concern (Once again IMO) that police were using extreme prejudice with public safety and could have killed civilians without there being any danger. That it will probably be hushed for the most part. And justice will probably not be served.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way stating that Dorner was in the right to use violence against anyone or that I think he didn't kill anyone. Just that "This dude is dead because he killed people" seems too simplistic of an answer to me.

But I guess police should be judge, jury and executioner. And hold little regard for citizens.

No need for me discuss any further since you already know what's in my mind.

You apparently missed my point completely even with that unique insight.

Donner is dead because he killed people and stated that he wouldn't be taken alive NOT because he was going to expose the L.A.P.D. which he HAD been doing via lawsuits for years.

All those other people that exposed the L.A.P.D. but DIDN'T take revenge by murdering police and their innocent family members were not killed

Get it?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Please correct me if I get this story wrong.

The cause of Dorner's murder spree was because a suspect was beat for resisting arrest. Dorner blamed his supervisor, who disputed his claim. An investigation claimed Dorner did the beating. He appealed his case and lost. He then blamed the captain that represented him and went and killed his daughter as one of his first victims.

If LAPD is so bad why can't people believe that Dorner was a bad cop, beat that guy up, and that abusive behavior then got out of control and resulted in his killing spree?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    P.S. - two separate police scanner conversations were recorded and put on the internet with officers saying that they purposely set the cabin on fire. Now the police are denying that and saying that the cause is "under investigation."

Rockadelic said:

Of course it's the tax dollars of one of the most broke states that gets to pay the millions in lawsuits. Beautiful system.

Rockadelic said:
    Saracenus said:

I agree it's not just because he knew too much. A trial would have exposed a lot of bad things but it's no like the LAPD being corrupt is a big secret. I think it has more to do with the fact that he killed cops. There have been plenty of killers that the police could have just gunned down and they didn't. Plenty of times the police have come out and said that they think the suspect is trying to get the cops to kill the suspect (suicide by cop) so the police go out of their way to avoid that happening. That's basically what Dorner wanted. He was going to die and take as many cops with him as he could. He could have killed the 2 maids he tied up as well as the guy he car jacked right before the stand off and he didn't. He was specifically targeting cops and that was the difference between how they handled him and other killers. Once you attack a cop they just hunt you down and kill you. The reality is that the police value their own lives more than the public's. That's intellectual honesty.

Look at the Rodney King incident. Oh he lunged at us just so we had to beat him to a pulp.

Look at the DC Snipers. They killed more people and it's not like the east coast cops just started shooting up every white van they saw when that was the vehicle they were originally looking for. And when they had the suspect cornered they didn't just shoot up the car. They had every reason to believe the snipers would start shooting the second they woke up if given the chance.

The BTK killer in Kansas and the Green River killer in Washington state terrorized the communities for years and taunted the police the whole time. You want to talk crazies that should have been killed on site, those two just might qualify.

Hell you can take a shot a the President and they will try to take you alive.