Republican Presidential Debate last night

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    good lord, the GOP members of the house are charging admission and question fees to town halls because they have pissed off so many of their constituents. I guess the unemployed can't afford the fees, so no out of work folks can ask them a question. Fuckin' pussies, these GOP dicksacks.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/house-republicans-town-halls_n_930862.html

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I was at the State Fair on monday and saw Governor Goodhair get his corn dog. The girl at the booth gave him a vegetarian one. His campaign didn't even have t-shirts to give away. I recognized JMart from Politico in the gallery following Perry.

The crowd for Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity on East Side Night was bigger than all the other presidential contenders combined.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    good lord, the GOP members of the house are charging admission and question fees to town halls because they have pissed off so many of their constituents. I guess the unemployed can't afford the fees, so no out of work folks can ask them a question. Fuckin' pussies, these GOP dicksacks.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/house-republicans-town-halls_n_930862.html

I thought they were against taxes.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

I thought they were against taxes.

Not poll taxes.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Ron Paul is a non-interventionist, not an isolationist. Unlike the establishment candidates and the President, he wants to permit trade with countries like Cuba, North-Korea & Iran. He doesn't believe in a policy of sanctions and/or bombs & bribes, and instead wants to promote travel, trade & diplomacy.

And "Krugman for President"? You can't be serious. This former Enron financial adviser called for the creation of a housing bubble at the beginning of the last decade, and when that bubble popped he wanted to replace it with another bubble. Fortunately though, Keynesian economists like him are becoming more discredited by the day.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    "In early 1999, Krugman served on an advisory panel (including Larry Lindsey and Robert Zoellick) that offered Enron executives briefings on economic and political issues. He resigned from the panel in the fall of 1999 to comply with The New York Times rules regarding conflicts of interest, when he accepted the Times's offer to become an op-ed columnist.[158] Krugman later stated that he was paid $37,500 (not $50,000 as often reported - his early resignation cost him part of his fee), and that, for consulting that required him to spend four days in Houston, the fee was "rather low compared with my usual rates", which were around $20,000 for a one-hour speech.[158] He also stated that the advisory panel "had no function that I was aware of", and that he later interpreted his role as being "just another brick in the wall" Enron used to build an image.[159]

When the story of Enron's corporate scandals broke two years later, Krugman was accused of unethical journalism, specifically of having a conflict of interest.[160][161][162] Some of his critics claimed that "The Ascent of E-man," an article Krugman wrote for Fortune magazine[163] about the rise of the market as illustrated by Enron's energy trading, was biased by Krugman's earlier consulting work for them.[158] Krugman later argued that "The Ascent of E-Man" was in character, writing "I have always been a free-market Keynesian: I like free markets, but I want some government supervision to correct market failures and ensure stability."[158] Krugman noted his previous relationship with Enron in that article and in other articles he wrote on the company.[158][164] Krugman was one of the first to argue that deregulation of the California energy market had led to market manipulation by energy companies.[165]"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    salvia said:
    Ron Paul is a non-interventionist, not an isolationist. Unlike the establishment candidates and the President, he wants to permit trade with countries like Cuba, North-Korea & Iran. He doesn't believe in a policy of sanctions and/or bombs & bribes, and instead wants to promote travel, trade & diplomacy.

He also does not believe in foreign aid.
    Nor does he believe in protecting allies.
    Nor does he believe in holding countries like Zimbabwe or Burma responsible for human rights violations.

Not that a foreign policy based solely on trade world would be any worse than what we have now.
    It would be a radical change that is for sure.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

The very sad truth is that he's good looking, has good hair, has a "tough" persona and is a "good christian"...those things alone go a long way in our society. Unless the R's come up with someone besides MB or MR I'm afraid he'll get the nod.

IMO

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149180/Perry-Zooms-Front-Pack-2012-GOP-Nomination.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All Gallup Headlines - Politics

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I'm sure he'll win the GOP nod.

He just needs to keep talking like this.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DOR said:

I feel like there should be a third picture in this chain where he's lying on the desk wearing nothing but his tightie whities and an inviting smile.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:

I'd like to think America isn't stupid enough to elect a dumb prick like Perry .

Well they were stupid enough to elect an inexperienced incompetent like Obama, so that theory is out the window

• Inexperienced, maybe. But if you really want to bring that up, we should talk about all those junior congressmen and women who made a mockery of democracy by holding our economy and legislative system hostage. As far as incompetent... well that criticism is just not worth anyone's time.

• sabadabada said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

I'd like to think America isn't stupid enough to elect a dumb prick like Perry .

Well they were stupid enough to elect an inexperienced incompetent like Obama, so that theory is out the window

Seriously! What's up with this long run of America electing people for President who have never been President before and have no previous experience as President? Enough with these Senators and Governors. What the shit do they know?

TheKindCromang said:
    sabadabada said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

Seriously! What's up with this long run of America electing people for President who have never been President before and have no previous experience as President? Enough with these Senators and Governors. What the shit do they know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_previous_executive_experience

He's just like Lincoln. Say it.

• sabadabada said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    sabadabada said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_previous_executive_experience

Executive experience is bullshit. I'm saying we need to elect someone who has real-world experience leading a nation.

Hugo Chavez, I'm looking at you buddy

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Kennedy and Lincoln, they did ok.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    barjesus said:
    Kennedy and Lincoln, they did ok.

I mean he's just like Lincoln, with a side of Kennedy!

sabadabada said:
    He's just like Lincoln. Say it.

The day will come when it reads...

Night Shift Supervisor @ Kinkos,

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DOR said:

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

Perry's stupidity can be measured objectively. Your opinion on Obama is purely subjective, and wrong. Frankie's theory still stands.

FrankieMeltzer said:

Sabadoh still believes in trickle-down economics and cheerfully votes for people who think homosexuality can be "cured" by prayer and that the Earth is 6000 years old.

I conclude that his notion of "incompetence" is just not relevant.

Say hi to your mom for me.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    damn, saba with the near-flawless trolling in this thread.

you guys are really that vexed that someone who supported both W and the Iraq war thinks that obama is incompetent? This dude lived through 2008 and is inexplicably still pushing for less financial regulation. c'mon now. obama has disappointed me countless times, but you don't need to be editor of the harvard law review to know that this sabadoo guy's opinion means exactly nothing.

opinions like mine = valuable
    opinions not like mine = worthless

things i like = constitutional
    things i dont like = unconstitutional

sabadabada said:
    opinions like mine = valuable
    opinions not like mine = worthless

things i like = constitutional
    things i dont like = unconstitutional

Trashing the Dems = Trolling
    Trashing the Reps = Truth

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Unherd said:
    damn, saba with the near-flawless trolling in this thread.

you guys are really that vexed that someone who supported both W and the Iraq war thinks that obama is incompetent? This dude lived through 2008 and is inexplicably still pushing for less financial regulation. c'mon now. obama has disappointed me countless times, but you don't need to be editor of the harvard law review to know that this sabadoo guy's opinion means exactly nothing.

Trust that I still hate Republicans with a passion when I say this, but you should really check how far in the gutter Obama's approval ratings have dipped. And as someone who actually voted for him, he deserves even worse...not just for being incompotent, but for being a complete farce.

Harvey. You are no longer of the body

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Hey, its the Fair and Balanced Cavalry, right on time once again to ruin a perfectly good "mock the crazies" thread.

Carry on dudes..