Where's the "Watch The Throne" thread?

Comments

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    whats drugs, my deala?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    LOL @ SoulStrut dudes critiquing Kanye's face

• bassie said:
    Now, on Kanye and chicks. Sorry if I spouted this arm-chair psychology already but imo he hasn't dealt with his Mom's death, which comes with its own life-in-the-modern-world baggage given the cause. He has messed-up relationships that make him more and more bitter and misogynist (yea yea, everyone has messed-up relationships and they don't end up with weird teenage love/hate phobias about women, but see my previous diagnosis).

On "I Put On," he did say, "I lost the only girl in the world that know me best," so maybe you're onto something.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    bassie said:
    And I've seen the photos, there seems to be nothing wrong with his tool either. I don't think achieving trim is new to him at all.

Wait, you're the girl he emailed those photos to?

haha! Not me! I don't kiss and tell!

(I just look at the pictures when others do)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    when is youtube gonna advance past dial up speeds?
    goddamn shit is slow.

My work is never going to unblock it - what am I not seeing? Help a government worker out!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    otis video

Oh OK thank you. saw it yesterday.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the final screams are :nagl:

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I like Jay at 0:25 on the video, he's loving that intro. That song has grown on me something crazy this week. I'm upping my review to an 8/10 after playing the album through twice today.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    pcmr said:
    the final screams are :nagl:

I 100 percent agree with this, could do without that shit.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i agree the video puts the intro into better context however...the dominicano,cubano rhymes are weak so is ''i got my swagger back'' other than that good track

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I will say (as someone who records songs as part of a duo) it's hard to get into the mode of trying to KILL it on the rhymes if you only have 4-8 bars on a back and forth track. It's more about the other person coming in/attitude than it is about the rhymes. Jay brought his A game on alot of these tracks (His verse on "New Day" is verse of the year type stuff) so i'm cutting him slack a little bit, i'm not saying you have to as well but thats how i see it. Also, "I Arrived the same day Fred Hampton died, ughhh, real nig*as just multiply" has been stuck in my head since monday, so simple yet so dope.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    aziz cameo, so swag

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    schitt's excellent, btw

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Jay brought his A game on alot of these tracks (His verse on "Who Gon Stop Me is WOOOAHH)

• TheDollarBinDon said:
    how can you sample Flux Pavillion

...when the 808 sounds like Milli Vanilli!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yes!

From Caramanica in the Times:
    Furthermore, a close reading of the liner notes reveals gems: impossible-to-notice vocals by Seal (why?) on ???Lift Off,??? snippets from the Will Ferrell ice skating comedy ???Blades of Glory,??? freelance opera singers, a moving sample from the Indiggo Twins, ???America???s Got Talent??? punching bags and, as described here, ???ambassadors of the great Romanian tradition??? (which?).
    (I wasn't able to spot the Blades of Glory when I heard it, or the freelance singers, or the ambassadors.)

what about that james brown sample that appears on half of the songs? i cant hear it in any of them.

???Don???t Tell A Lie About Me and I Won???t Tell The Truth About You??? as performed by James Brown.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Yes!

Furthermore, a close reading of the liner notes reveals gems: impossible-to-notice vocals by Seal (why?) on ???Lift Off,??? snippets from the Will Ferrell ice skating comedy ???Blades of Glory,??? freelance opera singers, a moving sample from the Indiggo Twins, ???America???s Got Talent??? punching bags and, as described here, ???ambassadors of the great Romanian tradition??? (which?).
    (I wasn't able to spot the Blades of Glory when I heard it, or the freelance singers, or the ambassadors.)

(Does the audio sound like sh*t on your end too?)

Try this one instead:

could it be a different version of that song?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    are you not hearing the sampled yelps and shrieks of james?

yeah. they just sound more clear.

• white_tea said:
    Yes!

It's not "Blades of Glory", but Ferrell's Mugatu from Zoolander

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    Rad Chez said:
    white_tea said:
    Yes!

It's not "Blades of Glory", but Ferrell's Mugatu from Zoolander

no ?

• thropethrope 750 Posts

Just bought the physical CD. Packaging is nuts! Incredible. Doesn't do much to dispel illuminati rumors though. (Not that I buy into or even pay attention to that nonsense.)

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    the re-creation of the cassius song is cringe worthy. the singing is f**king horrible.