who here believes in God?

1235»

Comments

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    day said:
    Deegreez said:
    This thread is blowing it with the Godwin's law rabbit hole

I don't believe in religion, I think historically it's done more harm than good. I DO believe in a greater power that lives in all of us and I try to respect other people's beliefs.

didnt read the thread neither, but thinking religion has done more harm than good is what you said..
    Dont you think without religion mankind whould abuse another system to do what he did.. Its not religion but people.. Im tired off that clich?? argument.
    Standardy said by many is: Yeah without religion there wouldnt be any wars... get the motherfuck outta here..

anyway im outta this room, leaving with a moviequote. Its just the question of the topicmaker that immediately reminded me of Grunwalski, and saying that it is the wrong question.
    It doesnt necessarily have to do with this topic but in a way certain it does.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Jamal said:
    day said:
    Deegreez said:

I don't believe in religion, I think historically it's done more harm than good. I DO believe in a greater power that lives in all of us and I try to respect other people's beliefs.

didnt read the thread neither, but thinking religion has done more harm than good is what you said..
    Dont you think without religion mankind whould abuse another system to do what he did.. Its not religion but people.. Im tired off that clich?? argument.
    Standardy said by many is: Yeah without religion there wouldnt be any wars... get the motherfuck outta here..

That's a big leap to go from my comment to there would be no war without religion. I'm willing to bet more people have been killed and tortured throughout history "in the name of God" than anything else, though.

Anyway, this is about personal belief, not religion (2 separate things IMO). Do you.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I do.

JRoot

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    day said:
    Jamal said:
    day said:
    Deegreez said:

That's a big leap to go from my comment to there would be no war without religion. I'm willing to bet more people have been killed and tortured throughout history "in the name of God" than anything else, though.

Anyway, this is about personal belief, not religion (2 separate things IMO). Do you.

not a big leap at all, but the get the fuck outta here was meant for those that say that without religion...no war.

You cant bet on that, cause then you have to measure whats in the head of the person that organised it all..
    but my whole point was that without religion there would be/there are (loooootsss) something else to manipulate people with.
    Its all about power, money and power and money.. and anything that can be manipulated to get that money and power will be manipulated, wheter its race, religion, search for weapons of mass destruction and we can go on for hours..

and when its not about power, it will about differences..and there is lotssssssss a beef going on concerning differences without religion..shit i can go on for hours..

dont blaim religion blaim the people.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Of course not.
    Gimme a break.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts