New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    My man Joe Muggs presents the year in grime & UK bass music.

• Now that the world hasn't ended has anyone seen a link for Pro Era's Peep The Apocalypse?

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I'm really feeling this one:

• Yeah, that how to dress well jam is real dope

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

don't know what you'd call this (afro-brazilian jazz-rock?) but it's one of the best releases in Brazil this year.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    New from France, proper vintage sounding disco:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The internet has failed me and can't find a stream of the title track so this one will have to do instead but the new DJ Nature album is rewardingly good in so throwback it sounds new style.

And the latest Burial is the best thing I've heard from him in ages

Though that viewpoint may be entirely influenced by the dip into hardcore halfway through the track.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Bit cheesy? I'm a sucker for fluctuating basslines like this:

• late to the thread but here are some offerings that have been in rotation for me

Nina Rae - Falling In Love

Lion Babe - Treat Me Like Fire

Tall Black Guy+Darondo - I Don't Want To Leave (Sure Know How To Love Me Re-Edit)

leftright said:

Tall Black Guy+Darondo - I Don't Want To Leave (Sure Know How To Love Me Re-Edit)

:feelin_it:

Will kop.

• Ouch, that Nina Rae track is quality. Tall Black Guy knocking 'em out the park recently.

bennyboy said:
    Ouch, that Nina Rae track is quality.

I like, but starting to feel that Dilla's Fall In Love has been well and truly milked. It's a flip, right?

• Ah, yep. You're right. Still nice doe.

Off to see this geezer tonight.

Duderonomy said:
    Bit cheesy? I'm a sucker for fluctuating basslines like this:

Nice! What vocals have been sampled here?

^^^The female vocal about halfway through? Not sure, but you got me thinking as it sounds a bit familiar.

New Bonobo:

• That Bonobo song is officially my jam today. Good tune

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• Duderonomy said:
    ^^^The female vocal about halfway through? Not sure, but you got me thinking as it sounds a bit familiar.

New Bonobo:

same great jam, not stepped all over by the bbc

• yeah new Bonobo is nice. free dl of it on their site if mp3's are your thing

http://www.bonobomusic.com/

or if you couldn't be bothered i'd upload it here if anyone wants. it's free so i don't see it being an issue

[edit] link: http://www.divshare.com/download/23549487-201

• also thanks to the person who posted that Greg Foat Group on page 15 or so. been playing that one quite a bit this week

Got another tune by Tessela, and again while the percussion is sick, his use of strings lets him down. Bit like Dillinja with female vocal samples... they were always terrible imo :lol:

Liking this just for the 'Prodigy' noise.

Strictly overground and had to do the top button up on my shirt before putting them on but anyone else checking for the new James Blake and The Knife albums?

Only had a quick listen through and both sound promising though The Knife is the one that's got my juices instantly flowing.

Chances of finding a stream that wasn't down within a day are slim to none though you can stream The Knife here:

Sepalcure have a new 12" out soon that sounds interesting. Track 3 for me.

Duderonomy said:
    Sepalcure have a new 12" out soon that sounds interesting. Track 3 for me.

Cheers for the heads up. Their album was a real grower for me - on first listen I was quite dismissive but tracks kept on popping up on random play which I liked and had to check who the artist was. I'm now a certified fan.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Anyone for the new Suuns album?

Reminds me constantly of Clinic, but I like it more.

Also really enjoying this Rare Times song. There initial limited release was a run of 60 cassette tapes:

New Deadboy EP is strong.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    that geek'd up song is nice, thanks for the heads up duder

Sampling Frankie Knuckles?