New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Liking the new Thundercat album:

• Possum SlimPossum Slim 353 Posts
    I'm feeling those Deadboy and Anthony Naples tracks Duder and it's not the kind of thing I usually listen to. Any more similar recommendations or websites where I can read a bit more about related releases?

SP 1200 said:
    I'm feeling those Deadboy and Anthony Naples tracks Duder and it's not the kind of thing I usually listen to.

Uhmm, I have a job that's undemanding enough that I just peruse yootoob & various online record shops, so I don't know what to suggest... I usually poast cool sh*t in this thread though :cheese:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts

was just revisiting this ^ when i found this /

(loefah - veal)

• Just got the cassette of this and it's perfect for the beginning of summer.

Also loving the Rhye LP, has been in constant rotation since it was released.

File next to, uhmm, maybe Actress:

The videos are sick.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Those JFM tracks are interesting, going to check out some of their stuff and see how it holds up without the videos. Cheers L*o.

First preview of Zomby's new stuff is up. Four track sampler here:

Tracks 3 and 4 sound great to my ears. Track 3 is pure banglash.

The new Mount Kimbie is one of the more successful forays into an expanded sound I've heard in a while. Bizarrely, considering my normal dislike of this kind of thing, what I'd really like to hear is a whole album of collaborations between them and King Krule as his two tracks on the album are the highlights for me.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Swindle's album is streaming at the Mixmag site.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    excited for this EP coming out soon

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    loving this new ep 'Living Beats' from MAKAYA:

dl the ep here: http://makayamccraven.bandcamp.com/

this one too from BINKBEATS:

and this new guy Dornik isn't so bad:

So this came out as a single late last year but the LP just dropped, so it's new-ish:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There's a new Zomby out, which is kinda good. Now there's a glowing endorsement. It's a double lp, so there's plenty to listen to on there, but it has the feel of unfinished work, lots of 2min tracks and several with very similar themes.
    He's an interesting producer, but I kinda wish his record company would've forced him to come with something a bit more worked.

• this should be a 2013 summer anthem...

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    neil_something said:
    this should be a 2013 summer anthem...

The original track Paul Woolford has sampled wasn't bad either.

Mr Woolford is a busy boy at the moment:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Had this on repeat since it came out. One of the best things I've heard this year.

b/w

Not sure where to put this...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    new album out by S??o Paulo afrobeat outfit Bixiga 70, pretty good so far (I'm only 2 tracks in):

free download here:

http://traquitana.org/discos/bixiga-70-2013/

• ^ thanks for the heads-up.
    was listening to their first album the other day and didn't know they had a new one out. Really enoyed the first one.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Loving this

A common motif found in youth-oriented sci-fi and fantasy films of the 1980???s is the image of the young protagonist, isolated in his/her own playroom. Often he/she is placed under such supervision for purposes of research or quarantine due to psychic powers, alien interaction, or robotic physiology. Alone with toys and televisions, the child is free to create and to consume stimuli from the outside world, but not to interact with it.

Jacob 2-2???s new album Herbivore attempts to re-create this fictional universe, or perhaps an expression of the child???s psychology that extended into adulthood, suspended in an isolated, diminutive, and asexual state, where the only joy is found internally within the imagination.

i have slept on this - how's the rest of the album?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Supposedly a new Aphex Twin alias.

^ feel-in that

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not completely convinced about the track but this is pretty amazing still.

FKA twigs & Arca

solid 12"